Balls, The softer the better for me.

DaveTheHead00

Medal Winner
Visit site
For social rounds I use callaway supersoft or NXT tour S.
competition if dry enough. Pro V1.
Hoping to try the new tour soft from Titleist.

I too like a soft ball. Found chromesofts fairly hard.

Absolutley I think the chromesoft name is a little misleading. The few recurring names so far have been. NXT tour S. Wilson DX2 Soft. And Srixon Soft Feel. Tour Soft is bound to be expensive though because of the word "tour"

DaveTheHead00

Medal Winner
Visit site
I tried the Srixon Ultisoft last summer and found it worked well with me and my slower swing speed.

Excellent I was hoping someone had tried these. Does it feel nice with the irons and putter? Also interested in spin levels but its not a deal breaker as originally stated.

DaveTheHead00

Medal Winner
Visit site
No answer to your question but just wondered where in Kent you play?

While im still learning my patterns and practising Cobtree Manor Park.

When im in the mood for a well maintained challenging course West Malling as it has two course that are beautiful.

D

Deleted member 15344

Titleist have just released a new softer ball - Tour Soft ?

I’ll be honest and I can’t really notice much difference between the differing balls in regards the softness but did try a Wilson Staff one and it felt like a sponge off the Putter.

DaveTheHead00

Medal Winner
Visit site
Not the thread for me then, as all the balls mentioned so far are like hitting wine gums. So soft, there is zero feedback to me.

Useless post in the context of things, but i guess each to their own. Might as well steal 60% range balls to play with.

Range balls are not nice feeling. I can still judge strike pretty well of a soft ball if that's the feedback your referring too. My main plus point of the soft ball is that it make all my shots feel lovely. even if some are terrible hits.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
While im still learning my patterns and practising Cobtree Manor Park.

When im in the mood for a well maintained challenging course West Malling as it has two course that are beautiful.

If you want a challenge there always the "Kent Links Tour" in February !

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
the wilson staff dx2 soft is the softest ball on the market, they feel great off the driver and irons. Can get them in cool colours to.
This. I use the DX2 Softs for this reason. I'm going to get the new Optix version next.

My mate has just picked up some Srixon Ultisoft though - apparently they are now Srixon's softest ball so may be worth a try. Or if you could give the Titleist DT Trusoft a try, I had a couple of them before and liked them.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I tried the Srixon Ultisoft last summer and found it worked well with me and my slower swing speed.

Was going to mention the Ultisoft as they are ridiculously soft, to me they feel like you're hitting putty when driving. I hated them so gave the ones I had to Kraxx, who loved them.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Tour Soft replaces the NXT though apparently.

it does. I've been testing these for a few months with the ball marked "test" they are good balls but didn't notice any difference between them and the nxt tour. i do seem to be getting loads of short game spin but i think thats more green conditions tbh

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Yeah they are on par with prov1 for price point too. How did you find them?
I've only used them in the winter so the spin is a bit hard to assess. They definitely feel soft off the clubface & putt nicely. I thought I was getting a lot more distance with them but a brief test on a launch monitor showed little difference. They have a matte finish, which isn't to everyone's taste.

DaveTheHead00

Medal Winner
Visit site
They do look a good ball. Bit worried about how much they do spin and the price point puts them alongside the premium balls out there. but they have the potential to be a big noise in the ball market in 2018. Will definitely get a sleeve to try

That might be enough to tempt a few away from some other premium balls. Big noise is a fair shout.