Balls, The softer the better for me.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
When we played against a load of Scandinavian hickory guys, who played nothing but hickorys and were all cat1 with them, they all used a Wilson ball i'd not seen before that was mega soft. a few had gutty's, but those were something like £20 a ball

I think i have a few boxes of the titleist 384 pts wound ball lying around somewhere - they should work well with hickory clubs. Obviously something like the 1.62" Penfold ace etc would be even better, but rare and pricey.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
When we played against a load of Scandinavian hickory guys, who played nothing but hickorys and were all cat1 with them, they all used a Wilson ball i'd not seen before that was mega soft. a few had gutty's, but those were something like £20 a ball

There's a Wilson ball called the Duo that's not available in the UK, at least not under that name.
In fact the DX2 might be the UK name for that ball.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
There's a Wilson ball called the Duo that's not available in the UK, at least not under that name.
In fact the DX2 might be the UK name for that ball.
I think they are the same, yeah. If you google 'DX2 duo' you'll see some listing as DX2/duo for sale.