Augusta - how much would you pay?

ferenezejohn

Visit site
But again. Only golfers would know that....
I think it’s more we know we can play 17th at sawgrass.
We have very little chance of Augusta.
I have played Sawgrass and it was awesome.
Pared 17th as well.
They make you so welcome it’s just fantastic place to play.
Probably the most welcome I've ever been made at any course and I wasn't even playing.
Had hoped to play it this year but that's not going to happen now.

ferenezejohn

Visit site
I once got paired up with a guy in Spain who worked for Accushnet (Titleist parent company) and he got invited by his CEO. He said the same, awesome experience but he didn't rate it amongst the best courses he'd played.
Personally I'd love to play it, even if just to walk in the footsteps of legends.
You can walk round At Andrew's no problem.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
But I'm not playing it because I want to brag to friends, I'm playing it because I want to play it.

So whilst I would take the opportunity to play Augusta National if it came up, I'd pay more for others like Pine Valley or Cypress Point that I'd like to play more, regardless of whether my mates are envious.
What I’m trying to (badly) get across is that Augusta is universally “THE” bucket list course for golfers. The design might not be to everyone’s liking on here but that changes nothing for me.

Personally I would have it as my number 1 “Wish I could play” course.

D

Deleted member 25172

Love hypothetical discussions that will never happen, as there’ll always be the odd one’s not being interested/not rate the one thing, in this case a golf course, that is the absolute pinnacle of the golfing world, wether or not Augusta National is outdated, elitist, everything-that-golf-shouldn’t-be-about-kind-of-thing.

It’s all in good jest at the end of the day, but we know that you know that we know that you’d cry happy tears like a little baby would you to have the chance of walking down Magnolia Lane and tee it up at Augusta. :)

Me? I think my limit would be about 1k or thereabouts. If I had more money, I’d stretch further.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
What I’m trying to (badly) get across is that Augusta is universally “THE” bucket list course for golfers. The design might not be to everyone’s liking on here but that changes nothing for me.

But it's not. I fully agree that if I had the opportunity to play it I'd take it, but if someone came to me and said I could have one course in the world off my bucket list, Cypress Point & Pine Valley would be ahead of it for me.

I'm not claiming it's a potato field, or blocking it on grounds that they are a touch politically incorrect, it's just not top of my list of courses I'll never get on.

D

Deleted Member 1156

The wife of a friend of mine who owns his own business wrote to August offering to pay £5k for a round for his 40th birthday. I don't think she got a reply.

D

Deleted member 17920

I don’t know how much I would pay for it personally but I wouldn’t turn an invite down.

It looks so manicured. Every fairway would be a perfect lie. The greens would destroy me.

Would I smile from start to finish? More than likely yes so yes please.

Augusta send me that invite. I won’t say no ?

D

Deleted member 17920

The wife of a friend of mine who owns his own business wrote to August offering to pay £5k for a round for his 40th birthday. I don't think she got a reply.
I have heard and I don’t know if it’s true, if you write to them to say you are completing the top 100 courses and you only have them left to play you get an automatic blackball for life ?

D

Deleted Member 1156

I have heard and I don’t know if it’s true, if you write to them to say you are completing the top 100 courses and you only have them left to play you get an automatic blackball for life ?
Thanks for the heads up, I'll say just them and Doncaster Municipal to go ?

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Always has and probably always will be #1 on my wishlist.

I'd struggle to pick between Pine Valley and Cypress Point if I got the offer, but as it's never happening I won't fret too much about it. :)

I need to work on getting to more of the ones I can do like RCD, Lahinch, Royal Melbourne & a few others. Doncaster Municipal isn't on the list. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site

I think 99% of golfers would say the same

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Having seen both, I wouldn't.

But I wouldn't mind another week at the Sawgrass Marriott. We were well looked after and the second course is worth playing too.

I need to be doing more America after all this ...

Haven't been since 2016 & may not be going until 2025.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Love hypothetical discussions that will never happen, as there’ll always be the odd one’s not being interested/not rate the one thing, in this case a golf course, that is the absolute pinnacle of the golfing world,.

If the question was about playing Wimbledon Center Court there would always be some forumer that would say they prefer Court 14 :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

D

Deleted member 1147

I'd struggle to pick between Pine Valley and Cypress Point if I got the offer, but as it's never happening I won't fret too much about it. :)

I need to work on getting to more of the ones I can do like RCD, Lahinch, Royal Melbourne & a few others. Doncaster Municipal isn't on the list. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Snob