At what point can you get cut

D

Deleted member 16999

Sounds like sooner kind of undercover operation! How/why is the course so short - I know ‘that’s what we always done’. Long term Head Greenkeeper by any chance?!
I’ve tried my best to explain what happens at our course in the winter, I think you’re trying to find something that isn’t there.
Members have a choice by either raising concerns through the greens committee or leaving and joining somewhere else.

D

Deleted member 16999

Missed the explanation of the short course and why - sorry. Could you repost please.
Why? If you read the CONGU rules you’ll see that if a course is reduced by over 100yds from it’s measured distance it becomes non-qualifying, ours is.
To pre-empt the next question why have shortened it by that much?
Because of the positions of the permanent winter tee boxes, they are to the side and and forward of the normal tees so as not to be on the line of play in the summer were possible.

Homer

Visit site
Ah - so the course is set up in spite of the rules. Measure the winter course, get an SSS and off you go!

Still unsure as to why the need for mats or whatever they are when it has been so dry this winter? Not seen a mat down South at all!

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ah - so the course is set up in spite of the rules. Measure the winter course, get an SSS and off you go!

Still unsure as to why the need for mats or whatever they are when it has been so dry this winter? Not seen a mat down South at all!
Where are you a member? Just askin?

Homer

Visit site
......between June and Sept when they aren’t doing the greens in August as that’s when they have always done them. Get a grip on reality - accept mediocrity and get shite!

Homer

Visit site
Load of courses in the south play all year as they are supposed to be played. All the good courses have forward thinking greenkeepers - all the backward courses have greens committees, who frankly can’t even mow their own front lawns!

D

Deleted member 16999

he can hide behind anonymity without being specific. I’m interested to know where this golfing Eden is. Plays full length all year around, no winter green, no winter tees. Nowhere I’ve ever played
Almost as if he’s making it up!

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Load of courses in the south play all year as they are supposed to be played. All the good courses have forward thinking greenkeepers - all the backward courses have greens committees, who frankly can’t even mow their own front lawns!
No they don’t. All courses move the tees around as a minimum. Most have frost greens (only 1 top 100 course I know doesn’t do this) we do both. We even had compulsory fairway matts 3 years ago, now they’re optional.
I’ll play a handful of qualifiers over the winter as the greens aren’t at their best.
But then I’ve accepted mediocrity 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Homer

Visit site
No they don’t. All course move the tees around as a minimum. Most have frost greens (only 1 top 100 course I know doesn’t do this) we do both. We even had compulsory fairway matts 3 years ago, now they’re optional.
I’ll play a handful of qualifiers over the winter as the greens aren’t at their best.
But then I’ve accepted mediocrity 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Frost green?