At what point can you get cut

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Having a Look at last Sundays match and a guy playing off 22 shot 48 points. anyway he was cut to 18.
Another guy shot 44 points with two blobs playing off 26 yet he wasnt cut. Now the comp was a NQ. So i dont know if anyone asked for there hcap to be looked at. But can the club look at exceptional scoring in these circumstances and cut a player. If so why one and not the other. Or is one score only exceptional. 👍

D

Deleted member 16999

Having a Look at last Sundays match and a guy playing off 22 shot 48 points. anyway he was cut to 18.
Another guy shot 44 points with two blobs playing off 26 yet he wasnt cut. Now the comp was a NQ. So i dont know if anyone asked for there hcap to be looked at. But can the club look at exceptional scoring in these circumstances and cut a player. If so why one and not the other. Or is one score only exceptional. 👍
Depends how your Club run your winter, non-qualifying comps, we cut the winner/winners 15% of their handicap and runners-up 10%, no one else is touched, regardless of score and no 0.1’s back at any time.
The Handicap committee then restore cut handicaps back to pre-winter levels prior to start of season.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

First point, like Paul I assume you are talking about winter handicaps and not CONGU handicaps as you cannot reduce CONGU handicaps as a result of a non-qualifier. Someone at your club should be able to tell you the rules for reductions to winter handicaps.

Second point, there is no significance to quoting a score with a rider such as "with two blobs". The score is what is on the card.

Tashyboy

Visit site
As I understand it at our place, Once the Q season is finished your hcap freezes until the start of the following years Qualifiers. I mentioned the other week a guy who i know ( dont know these two) asked for his hcap to be looked at as he was scoring 44,43,44,42 for a good few weeks and they cut him. He won the next weeks comp acoring 40. Only got 32 yesterday. So i wasnt sure what criteria was met. Only saw this last night so will ask at club tomorrow if secretary is in.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Depends how your Club run your winter, non-qualifying comps, we cut the winner/winners 15% of their handicap and runners-up 10%, no one else is touched, regardless of score and no 0.1’s back at any time.
The Handicap committee then restore cut handicaps back to pre-winter levels prior to start of season.
This i do like.

Tashyboy

Visit site
First point, like Paul I assume you are talking about winter handicaps and not CONGU handicaps as you cannot reduce CONGU handicaps as a result of a non-qualifier. Someone at your club should be able to tell you the rules for reductions to winter handicaps.

Second point, there is no significance to quoting a score with a rider such as "with two blobs". The score is what is on the card.
This was my understanding jim re CONGU hcap hence why i asked.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
As I understand it at our place, Once the Q season is finished your hcap freezes until the start of the following years Qualifiers. I mentioned the other week a guy who i know ( dont know these two) asked for his hcap to be looked at as he was scoring 44,43,44,42 for a good few weeks and they cut him. He won the next weeks comp acoring 40. Only got 32 yesterday. So i wasnt sure what criteria was met. Only saw this last night so will ask at club tomorrow if secretary is in.

There's a simple solution for anyone who thinks their handicap is too high. On the handicap section of the scorecard, insert what you think your lower handicap should be. Works every time.

D

Deleted member 16999

Yes Jim, winter handicaps, (y)

Homer

Visit site
Play qualifiers (it’s been so good weather-wise) why wouldn’t you? Or join a decent club that does? Sod all this winter short course nonsense - get the green keepers to do some work and make the course playable!

D

Deleted member 16999

Play qualifiers (it’s been so good weather-wise) why wouldn’t you? Or join a decent club that does? Sod all this winter short course nonsense - get the green keepers to do some work and make the course playable!
We can’t play qualifiers as per CONGU rules.

The Club is decent little Club.

It’s the weather in England that is inconsistent and our greenkeepers, all 4 of them, are great and put in a lot of effort.

An awful lot of clubs in England go to non-qualifiers in the winter.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We still have our monthly medals on the l;ast weekend of the month, only this winter we have tried them as stablefords from november to february. You can be cut as well as go up still, as we always have, all through the year.

D

Deleted member 16999

We still have our monthly medals on the l;ast weekend of the month, only this winter we have tried them as stablefords from november to february. You can be cut as well as go up still, as we always have, all through the year.
That’s why I didn’t say all Clubs, links courses and some others have qualifiers during the winter.

Homer

Visit site
We can’t play qualifiers as per CONGU rules.

The Club is decent little Club.

It’s the weather in England that is inconsistent and our greenkeepers, all 4 of them, are great and put in a lot of effort.

Choose not to you mean? Why can’t you?

D

Deleted member 16999

Choose not to you mean? Why can’t you?
Our course set up and protection measures don’t comply with CONGU rules for qualifying comps.
If you mean why do we choose to look after the course and protect it in the winter? We do that to ensure it is in the best condition it can be for the season.
Members are happy with the situation and how the Club is run.
But thanks for caring.(y)

Homer

Visit site
Sounds like sooner kind of undercover operation! How/why is the course so short - I know ‘that’s what we always done’. Long term Head Greenkeeper by any chance?!

D

Deleted member 15344

Sounds like sooner kind of undercover operation! How/why is the course so short - I know ‘that’s what we always done’. Long term Head Greenkeeper by any chance?!

A lot of courses will be doing course maintenance- tees , greens , bunkers , irrigation , tree work - all mainly done during the winter period and when these are being done the course will possibly be shortened on some holes on the odd occasions a hole will be closed - it’s just good old basic course management for a greenkeeper.