Arnold Palmer Invitational 2019

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Expect would have had long odds for Rose to be worst placed Englishman in the field (currently tied). Plenty at the right end of the leaderboard though 👍

Probably been a busy week for him to be fair - elected host of the tournament this week!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Expect would have had long odds for Rose to be worst placed Englishman in the field (currently tied). Plenty at the right end of the leaderboard though 👍
Indeed. I thought he would have a good week. Hope Tommy can hold it together and get it done but a lot of golf to go. Not much fun for him on that shot though

D

Deleted member 15344

That’s a quality round from Rory , one bad drive which was the bogey but some superb short game , unless you listen to Roe who said he was struggling all round. Some excellent putts sunk

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Really sucks not being able to watch it. Can’t justify getting sky sports to the wife, and can’t find an online stream.

Hope Rory reigns in his mental game. It’s always a concern when he’s in contention how he will react in the final round.

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
Really sucks not being able to watch it. Can’t justify getting sky sports to the wife, and can’t find an online stream.

Hope Rory reigns in his mental game. It’s always a concern when he’s in contention how he will react in the final round.

I was like this but just got a Now TV sky sports pass... £20 a month for all the sky sports channels. Now tv stick in the Tv and I was good to go. Great value for money in my opinion and is an alternative to the full sky package!

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rory’s iron play so far has been dreadful. Needs to sharpen up if he’s going to chase Fitz down, who is playing beautifully so far. Fairways, greens and making putts, making it look easy.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Frankie's crept up with a great round. I wonder if he can get a couple more birdies and post a really competitive number if the others will start looking around at each other and he'll sneak it. How Tommy Fleetwood must be ruing that 76 yesterday

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Awesome from Francesco. Shoots the same score Rors shot to win last year. Going to need something special from Fitz and Rory now. Looks like it's going to another final pairing loss for Rory.

D

Deleted member 15344

Looks like I wasn’t far wrong about Rory. Shame.

Just not getting the ball close enough to the hole to give himself decent birdie chances , not really got a break yet as well , the second into 12 perfect example. Him and Fitzpatrick started well and looked like they were going to fight each other but stalled - Molinari’s round was stunning though , would be great to see him win if Fitz or Rory don’t

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Level par for McIlroy so not a total meltdown although no doubt there will be those that either knock him or come on and make excuses. Some days you simply can't find that spark and for me that's his round all over. Really can't get anything going but not really doing much wrong either

The concern has been that this is a trait of his and not an anomaly. Wish he could find his form more often.