Arnold Palmer Invitational

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
16 a little heavy Rickie really ,the TV's going off now.......well done Tiger "handed" another tourney :rolleyes: ,Fowler dump your indecisive caddy who said you need all the club he gave you,one club more gentle swing at that stage in the tourney was what was required,I guess the caddy will take he's 40k at the end of the day,ridiculous!!

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
16 a little heavy Rickie really :confused:,the TV's going off now.......well done Tiger "handed" another tourney :rolleyes:,Fowler dump your indecisive caddy who said you need all the club he gave you,one club more gentle swing at that stage in the tourney was what was required,I guess the caddy will take he's 40k at the end of the day,ridiculous!!

Fowler said he thought it was the right club, they just needed a little help from the wind, the caddy agreed. At the end of the day, Fowler has the final say and hits the shots. Poor decision and poor execution

I Am Titleist

Visit site
Tiger's putting is looking scarily good the past few weeks!

While i don't think Fowler would have won the tournament what he was doing at 16 i have no idea, once again crumbled playing with Tiger except this time it was when it really matted instead of for the whole 18 wholes! :)

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
16 a little heavy Rickie really ,the TV's going off now.......well done Tiger "handed" another tourney :rolleyes: ,Fowler dump your indecisive caddy who said you need all the club he gave you,one club more gentle swing at that stage in the tourney was what was required,I guess the caddy will take he's 40k at the end of the day,ridiculous!!

Fowler said he thought it was the right club, they just needed a little help from the wind, the caddy agreed. At the end of the day, Fowler has the final say and hits the shots. Poor decision and poor execution

It was the right club, if you listened carefully to what Rickie said and which the presenters repeated, he hit the shot a bit too fat.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Its was the caddys job to calm the kid down,there he is with a chance to win he's second tourney against the greatest player of all time and Fowler was pumped up,there was no way you could take a chance with the wind just one more club smooth swing would have been my advice.Fowler hitting the ball has the final say but he's caddy did suggest the shot and never suggested a steadier play and it was the same for 15 for crying out loud where he could have pulled a shot on Woods.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
It was the right club, if you listened carefully to what Rickie said and which the presenters repeated, he hit the shot a bit too fat.
He hit the shot fat because he was conscious that it he had to give at all in case the wind wasn't with him which was a mad contradiction,one club up regular range swing was the way to go.

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The 7 iron that he had imo, was the right club. If he clubbed up and hit it solid, your looking at back of the green or bunker. With a severe slope towards the water.
If he didn't hit it heavy, couple more yards and we're talking about maybe 10ft for eagle, without the severe slope.

He knew what happened to TW in the 2nd round from the bunker. It was an aggressive play which unfortunately didn't pay off this time.

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Impossible to say really what he should have done IMHO. He'd hit that shot right 99/100, its just a full 7iron. If he catches it and makes Eagle, he's a hero and could quite possibly have pushed Tiger all the way.

Personally, and with hindsight, I think middle of the green on 16 and 15 was the play. Guarantee a par on 15 and birdie on 16 and force Tiger to do the same.

Those last few holes though, at least for me, is why we watch blokes hitting a white ball around a field. Massive drama, lots of skill from Tiger and a human element of bricking it a little under the pressure. Top viewing!

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
The 7 iron that he had imo, was the right club. If he clubbed up and hit it solid, your looking at back of the green or bunker. With a severe slope towards the water.
If he didn't hit it heavy, couple more yards and we're talking about maybe 10ft for eagle, without the severe slope.

He knew what happened to TW in the 2nd round from the bunker. It was an aggressive play which unfortunately didn't pay off this time.
They were discussing whether the club was enough and agreed it would be with wind assistance,but Fowler backed of questioned where the wind was which put doubt in he's mind thinking he hasn't got enough club in he's hand and made a forced swing hence hitting it heavy,the caddy could have suggested that if the winds down a smooth swing with a club up was the way to go..........

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No one goes into a shot thinking they are gonna hit it heavy. He had already backed off because the wind was not blowing how he wanted. Only when it did start blowing was when RF went into position.
It was the pressure that got to him, looking back at highlights, it was only a yard or two from being perfect. So if he had flushed that 7, he would had the ball at a much better try at eagle than if he was further back on the green.

If he pulled it off, the pressure would be on TW. Knowing what he had done from nearly the same spot in the 2nd round. The 16th was the real chance to get real close as the 17th and 18th were playing the hardest of the tournament.

The thing is, you could play patient with most pro's on Tour, not Tiger.........thats why he played so aggressive.