Your thoughts U.S. Open

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Europe own the US Open at the moment.

Yes indeed; 4 out of last 5 but before that it used to be so rare for Europeans to do well in it with only 1 winner (Jacklin in 1970) since WW2. Wonder why things have changed? Is there a reason, e.g. is the USGA setting up courses that reward a more European style of play (i.e more shot making and less darts) or are the Europeans getting better at playing US courses? Or is it just random?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I think Phil is right about not evicting the shouters .................... I'd shoot them on the spot and even better than evicting them, it would serve as a warning quite quickly to everyone that "mashed potato" has no place being bellowed at the top of some idiot voice anywhere near a golf course!

Martin Kaymer was absolutely awesome!!

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Yes indeed; 4 out of last 5 but before that it used to be so rare for Europeans to do well in it with only 1 winner (Jacklin in 1970) since WW2. Wonder why things have changed? Is there a reason, e.g. is the USGA setting up courses that reward a more European style of play (i.e more shot making and less darts) or are the Europeans getting better at playing US courses? Or is it just random?

I think it's partly because most of the Europeans are based out there now.