Your thoughts U.S. Open

Conman85

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ok guys so since I'm buzzing about the U.S. Open starting this week (and world cup, my days will be pringle and beer filled) wanted to try and get in the mood with some chat on it. So for anyone that fancies let's discuss your winner, over achiever and under performer. Feel free to discuss anything else, apart from 250 yard 7 Irons :whistle:

For me Spieth will win it, recently we have seen guys that have had major disappointment and came back to snatch one not long after........McIlroy, Scott and Mickelson to name a few. I just think the experience from the Masters and Players stands a top player in good stead, so I will be taking the 30/1 on offer and hopefully get a a bang for my buck.

Over achiever Victor Dubuisson play off at the Nordea a couple of weeks ago, coupled with him being able to chip out the desert at the matchplay and being able to crack a drive has me thinking he could be in contention come Sunday.

Under Achiever Henrik Stenson, I just don't think the big man is ready to get it going yet this yr. For his second place in the WGR he should be in contention Sun, but can see him missing the cut. His putting looks a bit off and it's when that's on he looks like the beast that can win anything.

One a side note I was going to put Luke Donald as my over achiever only because he doesn't hit the ball that far and this is a long course, but opted to go for someone a little less mainstream instead. For the record I have a feeling he is going to be right in the mix come Sunday and wouldn't be surprised to see back to back European winners!

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hey

Was going to start a thread sometime today asking is anyone had put a little flutter on the US Open

FWIW, i have bets on

Spieth 25/1
K.Bradley 50/1
Matsuyama 50/1
Oosthuizen 80/1
Ogilvy 200/1
De Jonge 200/1
Noh 200/1
Jaidee 200/1

Conman85

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hey

Was going to start a thread sometime today asking is anyone had put a little flutter on the US Open

FWIW, i have bets on

Spieth 25/1
K.Bradley 50/1
Matsuyama 50/1
Oosthuizen 80/1
Ogilvy 200/1
De Jonge 200/1
Noh 200/1
Jaidee 200/1

I Like the prices on Matsuyama and Oosthuizen, backed oosty for the masters but he fell away after a good start. At those odds ill be on him again. A couple of small e/w bets to keep my interest.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Really looking forward to it - I'm going to have a trip to Pinehurst in a couple of years, it's the only course I really am desperate to play outside Scotland.

I'd love Rory or GMac to win it - but it would be fitting if Phil got his US Open here

[video=youtube_share;rRvtokc4Z1U]http://youtu.be/rRvtokc4Z1U[/video]

D

Deleted member 15344

Watching the official films on Sky is certainly increasing the enthusiasm - will be glued to the telly every night

Can see Rory or Westwood really have a good 4 days

Reckon it's another European winner

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really looking forward to it - I'm going to have a trip to Pinehurst in a couple of years, it's the only course I really am desperate to play outside Scotland.

I'd love Rory or GMac to win it - but it would be fitting if Phil got his US Open here

[video=youtube_share;rRvtokc4Z1U]http://youtu.be/rRvtokc4Z1U[/video]

Thanks for posting that video. (Not religious in the slightest but) I'd have to think if Mickelson does it this week Payne will have had a hand in it!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
To finish in the top 5 , I've bet - Jim Furyk 6/1, Jason Dufner 15/2, Bubba Watson 7/2, and Stephen Gallacher 22/1, only because i know the boy, but ye never can tell :whoo: I can't wait, if you see my wife say hello and tell her i'm still busy.:whistle:

C

c1973

To finish in the top 5 , I've bet - Jim Furyk 6/1, Jason Dufner 15/2, Bubba Watson 7/2, and Stephen Gallacher 22/1, only because i know the boy, but ye never can tell :whoo: I can't wait, if you see my wife say hello and tell her i'm still busy.:whistle:

I'll let her know. ;)

I actually fancy a wee e/w on Gallacher myself, probably go for Spieth, Oosthuizen (spelling?) and Snedz too.

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fascinating first day. Course looks fantastic. So interesting without the usual thick USGA rough. Waste areas are a real lottery with some awful lies and some good ones. I actually think it would be fun to play notwithstanding its 7600 yards. Don't often feel taht about US Open courses.

Kaymer was brilliant. To shoot 65 and be 3 better than the next placed player is amazing. Will he follow up with a 68 or a 75? Course is very unforgiving and as one of the commentators said the difference between shooting 1 under and 3 over is very marginal. Some great shots rolling past the hole and ending up 20 feet off the green. Unfair or just rewarding ultra precision golf? Winner will need to have played well in all departments.

Noticed that Rob Lee defended one player's (Harris English?) choice of pink trousers, wonder why? ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

Kaymers ball striking just looks supreme - looking like the golfer everyone thought he would become 4 years ago

8 under on that course is just great golf