Your thoughts U.S. Open

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Loving the course. Good mix if par 3's, short par 4's, reachable par 5's qnd lots of skill required on and around the greens.

Shame about the stupid hollering (again) after every tee shot though !!!!!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Loving the course. Good mix if par 3's, short par 4's, reachable par 5's qnd lots of skill required on and around the greens.

Shame about the stupid hollering (again) after every tee shot though !!!!!

I just can't believe that they're not evicted at all these events, it totally baffles me!

Slime.

D

Deleted member 15344

I just can't believe that they're not evicted at all these events, it totally baffles me!

Slime.

It's annoying but you can't evict people unless they are disturbing the players during their shot or showing abusive language or any abuse at players

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's annoying but you can't evict people unless they are disturbing the players during their shot or showing abusive language or any abuse at players

Of course you can, you just add a rule to the back of the tickets that says any unnecessary shouting out during or after shots will lead to be evicted, then throw the idiots out, 1 by 1

D

Deleted member 15344

Of course you can, you just add a rule to the back of the tickets that says any unnecessary shouting out during or after shots will lead to be evicted, then throw the idiots out, 1 by 1

It will never happen - and what will be classed as "unnecessary" shouting ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Pretty sure there will be something in the small print along with no mobiles and no photos about shouting and if not it wouldn't take much to add a clause in. It does nothing for the image of the game, especially broadcast to a global audience.

D

Deleted member 15344

didnt say it would, just that you could, you dont have to dispute every response you receive on here

I'm not just don't see how it could be policed if someone isn't using foul and abusive language - it's the same when we have had the brief when helping out at the open - you are warned people will shout random things but the stuff to look out for is the abuse.

If a fan of a player shouts loudly "come on Kaymer" - or something as similar does that mean unnecessary or is it just the mashed potatoes and in the holes ?

They are annoying - very annoying but kicking people out ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm not just don't see how it could be policed if someone isn't using foul and abusive language - it's the same when we have had the brief when helping out at the open - you are warned people will shout random things but the stuff to look out for is the abuse.

If a fan of a player shouts loudly "come on Kaymer" - or something as similar does that mean unnecessary or is it just the mashed potatoes and in the holes ?

World of difference between shouting encouragement to a player and an idiot shouting "mashed potato" or "in the hole" The terms and conditions on the ticket would cover unwanted behaviour and I'm sure common sense and good marshalling would prevail. Once the message gets across and people are ejected, especially from majors then perhaps these fad will die a death. If no one does anything these idiots will continue and others will join in.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Outstanding display from Kaymer, peerless and never even looked like giving the others a chance, as good a performance as theres been for quite a few years.

Also hats off to Erik Compton for the way he played, especially the up and down at the last that gets him into next years Masters, especially if you read what the guy has faced in his life - inspirational

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

They seem to manage at The Masters - you're not even allowed to run!
If they wanted to do it they could.

Big Up for Kaymer - Europe own the US Open at the moment.