Arnold Palmer Invitational 2019

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
In other news, perhaps the combination of sun, water & wind - there were a few two tone foreheads on display! Easy to spot a sponsored hat wearing pro golfer.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It might just be me, but I am not keen on 'invitationals' being part of the tour. Whether it is Arnies, or Tigers end of season bash. I would bung The Masters into that too.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It might just be me, but I am not keen on 'invitationals' being part of the tour. Whether it is Arnies, or Tigers end of season bash. I would bung The Masters into that too.
I understand the sentiment, and agree with it, but these are giants of the game, (alive or dead) US national treasures, so frankly they can do what they like and the PGA and broadcasters will run with it. At least Arnie's had a decent field with representation from a decent spread.

D

Deleted member 18588

Bit late now, it's been a Tour event for many years and I have never heard much complaint from any Tour pro's.

D

Deleted member 18588

That would be career suicide now. Make a complaint about Arnie and you'd best qualify for everything outright....

Would Fitzpatrick, Wallace and Hatton have qualified if normal PGA Tour entry criteria been applied?

There has been a long history invitation events in America and looking at the entry list for this year's event I can't see too many worthy candidates who may have missed out.

All events on the Tour have spaces for sponsor's invites.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As well as Molinari played....

A hell of a lot of luck was needed to win like he did.

He chipped in, had a few bounces and sunk a load of putts which were low % to go in.

Rory and Fitz just didn't get anything going, OK they didn't play as well, but they both were behind the luck curve while Molinari was ahead of it.

Again not taking anything away from Molinari he is a great golfer, he had a career putting performance at the vital moment, like Rory did last year.