Arccos sensors

Big85

Visit site
Has anyone got these? If so what do you think to them?

Just got a new ping driver and have a 45 day trial with them but yet to sort it out

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've tried them
Didn't really get on with the system
It missed too many shots, including the first - I hit a 380 yard drive:ROFLMAO:....so not an encouraging start.
I found I was worrying more about whether the shot was going to be picked up than concentrating on the shot itself
Having to remember every single shot is a pain, even though I can.
You have to be accurate with your editing....you need to remember that on the 12th your 2nd shot was a 7 iron from 143vyards...
Realistically you have to check every single shot....if it's missed one it could have missed more .
The distance values you get are all total - carry and roll - not carry which is the important one.
Oh, and it costs 100 notes a year.....

Don't let me put you off though....;)

D

Deleted member 21445

Sensors missed too many shots for me which was so frustrating and eventually got rid of it.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Had them a few years back, and too much of a faff for me. It's quite cool to look back on your round and see some of the distances you've played etc, but personally, I'm not bothered for that level of tech on the course.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m giving it a go. I’ve found I needed the link unit so I wasn’t mucking about with my phone in a round, as the phone on its own missed shots. The link unit is better but not perfect. I’m not convinced about the stats for round the green as putting/chipping and pin positions is a bit all over the place and the most likely to be missed. I don’t remember and can’t be bothered to edit afterwards.

I’ve liked having a measure of my long game though - distances and miss trends.

Newtonuti

Visit site
Had them for a year and gave up. I found I was spending more time messing about adding the multiple shots they missed, instead of chatting to my pals or actually playing golf. Shame really, as the data the app provided was absolutely superb.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
Had them for a year and gave up. I found I was spending more time messing about adding the multiple shots they missed, instead of chatting to my pals or actually playing golf. Shame really, as the data the app provided was absolutely superb.

I think that’s where I may end up as well.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Tried most systems all end up not being used and the collected data certainly has no interest after a few months. maybe that's why I'm not any better.

they all miss shots they all need manual adjustments after the round and you will forget to tag or it will.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I've tried them
Didn't really get on with the system
It missed too many shots, including the first - I hit a 380 yard drive:ROFLMAO:....so not an encouraging start.
I found I was worrying more about whether the shot was going to be picked up than concentrating on the shot itself
Having to remember every single shot is a pain, even though I can.
You have to be accurate with your editing....you need to remember that on the 12th your 2nd shot was a 7 iron from 143vyards...
Realistically you have to check every single shot....if it's missed one it could have missed more .

The distance values you get are all total - carry and roll - not carry which is the important one.
Oh, and it costs 100 notes a year.....

Don't let me put you off though....;)

These were largely my major issues...along with the fact that the course mapping had several issues when editing on the PC (theres no way you can reliably edit on a small screened device like a mobile in my opinion)...

1) There were two holes where the mappers had simply created the hole view and missed out two tees....to be fair to them, only local knowledge would have told you there was a tee there (tucked away in trees quite a way back from other tees in both cases, so not obvious from a satellite pic)....so you could never position the location of your tee shot correctly. In one case it reduced a 180yd par 3 to 100yds.

2) One one hole, a dogleg, the view that you are presented with on editing, was so narrow that it did not show certain areas of rough where balls would regularly end up and also didnt provide enough space around the green for errant shots to be mapped correctly. Additionally, because the view was so narrow on screen, it would not allow you to position accurately certain shots that had finished on the fairway.

3) There was an error on one hole where the mapped definition of where the green was, was offset from its true location by about 20 yards. So you could be on the green and putting and the system thought you were off the green. It was not possible to edit the shot to accurately reflect the true length of the previous shot and the fact that you were on or off the green.

I wrote to Arccos on a couple of occasions trying to explain and show screen shots of what the issues were and they managed to extend the views to include the missing tee boxes, but just couldnt grasp what I was telling them about the other two issues.

Close but no cigar as a shot logging system in my opinion.

Albo

Visit site
I use them and get on well with them.
Yes they miss shots, but not many in my couple of years using them. Mostly they miss bad shots say in the rough and not making a good connection or short chips or short putts. It isn’t faultless.
But on the other side, the data it gives in return is second to none. Yes distances are total, they couldn’t be carry, but it highlights trends with clubs miss patterns, how you perform on certain hole shapes etc, it’s one of those things you need to be into the data to get the most out of it, if you want something that clips to your belt and tells you what you scored at the end of the round, it’s not worth the money, but if you want to dig deeper into your performance and know that you miss long left with your 8i and short with your 4i then it starts to garner more value

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bought some Cobra irons with them built in. Got the free additional sensors and tried it. It was OK but missed too many chips and putts. The £90+ subscription was too much for a system that didn't work great. I used to use the old original Game Golf and was happy with that but after the "pro" debacle I ditched it.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Bought some Cobra irons with them built in. Got the free additional sensors and tried it. It was OK but missed too many chips and putts. The £90+ subscription was too much for a system that didn't work great. I used to use the old original Game Golf and was happy with that but after the "pro" debacle I ditched it.
Yep. The pro never lived up to what it was advertised to do like Arcoss. The battery also completely gave out on mine after about 14months

Teebs

Visit site
Started to track via ShotScope tags today, utilising the handheld GPS to 'tag' the sensors. A little bit fiddly to start with but the data looks good..

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I never had a problem with Arccos missing shots. It’s was a couple a round at most.

I didn’t mind going through and checking the shots as I used it to review how I’d played.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I never had a problem with Arccos missing shots. It’s was a couple a round at most.

I didn’t mind going through and checking the shots as I used it to review how I’d played.
My problem is that It constantly crashed on random holes when using the watch. Even just on the phone I did lose some shots. Then the sensors would die and cost £20 to replace. It was setup to be a company cash cow when you consider the shotscope offering.