Anyone man enough to own up to....

D

Deleted member 21258

I wouldnt put it anywhere near 99.9% - 90% if I'm being kind.

You reckon over 1 in 10 people are playing with a dodgy handicap at club level ? That would be worrying :eek: How come your reckon that, interested to hear ?

I think I could only think of 1 or 2 people I have played with who is a member of a club/maintains a handicap, that (assuming you discount rapidly improving golfers and are dropping) I have thought their handicap must be wrong based on the way they strike/putt/chip etc.

If I included people who aren't members then quite possibly 10% as most people do not understand how handicaps are calculate(nearer best scores and you knock down bad holes)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
To be 100% honest - Yes.

From, and including, the weekend before our club championship I could have put in supplementary qualifying cards or played in our weekend stablefords and if I had played under my handicap I'd have been cut from 9 to 8. But I never put in 'out of comp' supplementary cards and I never play in the qualifying stableford that runs all day every Saturday and Sunday.

So Yes - I could have put in plenty of cards to try and get my handicap down, but I would have been doing something out of the ordinary for me as so I don't see that as 'protecting handicap' in quite the way I think the OP suggests. Besides - my golf was so ropey in the run up to the club champs I felt I needed all the shots I had (ah - there's me admitting to protecting my handicap)