Any Powerbug Users?

Hallsy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Im looking at getting an electric trolley and at the moment its between the GoKart and a Powerbug GT8 as i like the idea of having a battery gauge. Both come in at the same price with the extras i want so just wondered if any new powerbug owners are on here? :thup:

matt611

Head Pro
Visit site
I have had a powerbug for 4/5 years now. It looks like the GT7, so no battery gauge. The trolley has been great and the original 36 lead acid battery is still going. The main hinge broke last year (my fault) and the guys at powerbug were really helpful and fast in sorting it out.

Berger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've had my powerbug trolley 4 years. I used to easily get 27 holes out of my 18 hole lead battery, but now the warning light sometimes comes on just as I'm finishing 18 holes. It'll probably need replaced at some point this year.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had the PowerBug digital sport for a year but found it lacking in power on steep hills, also the start button was too easy to hit by accident.:mad:
I change to the GoKart auto and found it much better.

WWG

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Im looking at getting an electric trolley and at the moment its between the GoKart and a Powerbug GT8 as i like the idea of having a battery gauge. Both come in at the same price with the extras i want so just wondered if any new powerbug owners are on here? :thup:

I have an electric trolley which I bought 2nd hand for £50. It works fine, but to be honest I wish I had bought a 3 wheel push trolley. The good ones are as light as a feather, and will save you fortune.What's more, there is no risk you will turn up at the club without the battery

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have an electric trolley which I bought 2nd hand for £50. It works fine, but to be honest I wish I had bought a 3 wheel push trolley. The good ones are as light as a feather, and will save you fortune.What's more, there is no risk you will turn up at te club without the battery

My issue with this now is that there is actually not that much price difference between a decent 3 wheel push and a basic electric trolley. All of a sudden the price of 3 wheel trolleys rocketed and you are looking at the best part of £200 for one now.

That said, got an email from Stewart Golf the other day, selling ex demo R1 trolleys for £100 and I am sorely tempted.

Hallsy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I've just ordered the power bug after a chat with them. They use a 230w motor now so hopefully no issues of lack of power. Happy with the deal they have offered so hopefully will be here before the weekend to give it its first outing

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Resurrecting this thread as I am in the market for a leccy trolley, following my joining a course with some decent uphill bits

So any Powerbug users on here with any updated info

Is the mini lithium battery as good as they say

Certainly looks easy to set up, comes with free hedgehog wheels and on the money pricewise at £399

I dont want to be spending the likes of £550 plus

or should I be looking at something else?

Over to you guys

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Resurrecting this thread as I am in the market for a leccy trolley, following my joining a course with some decent uphill bits

So any Powerbug users on here with any updated info

Is the mini lithium battery as good as they say

Certainly looks easy to set up, comes with free hedgehog wheels and on the money pricewise at £399

I dont want to be spending the likes of £550 plus

or should I be looking at something else?

Over to you guys
When I saw this thread I was literally about to start a new one about trolleys! Maybe we could strike a deal for 2 PowerBugs 😂

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Sorry this is a bit off topic but I was struck by the irony that when someone asks for comments etc about buying a trolley they never get told to ‘get fitter’ or go see a personal trainer for a ‘fitness lesson’ or anything

Consider spending the same £400 on a driver/putter etc and that comment always rears its head

Phil, good luck in your trolley hunt but for me you should save the cash & just go see a pro and find out how to get fitter ;)

edit; glad you posted though, had never heard of powerbug and the push trolley looks good for £89

PhilTheFragger

Visit site
Sorry this is a bit off topic but I was struck by the irony that when someone asks for comments etc about buying a trolley they never get told to ‘get fitter’ or go see a personal trainer for a ‘fitness lesson’ or anything

Consider spending the same £400 on a driver/putter etc and that comment always rears its head

Phil, good luck in your trolley hunt but for me you should save the cash & just go see a pro and find out how to get fitter ;)

edit; glad you posted though, had never heard of powerbug and the push trolley looks good for £89

I’ve always been of the view that electric trolleys should only be used by Auld Pharts or those with hilly courses.

My last 2 courses have not needed one as they are/ were pretty flat. In fact gave Imurg some ribbing for getting one for The Zoo.

But my new course is hilly, I’m 57 1/2 and many here will know of my recent medical “issues”

Bearing in mind that I’m lucky to still be alive, let alone able to play golf- I’m in pretty good nick, so the only reason I’m getting one is because of the hills, if I was still at The Zoo I don’t think I would have got one till I was much much older.

And as for buggies, hate them, will only use one of the course layout means one is essential ( Castle Combe)

PhilTheFragger

Visit site
So I bought a powerbug, Sunday night, on finance , no problem, In Stock ,48 hour delivery, no worries I’ll have it for the weekend as I’m introducing Imurg to Whiteleaf.

Email today saying the order is delayed as the batteries are out of stock, should be with me middle of next week.

So please change the web page to show a stock issue, it’s giving a false impression.

I’m not randomly irritated, I’m specifically irritated

Grrrrr