Electric trolley

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So is Motocaddy 😉

I have looked at GoKart before and just don’t think they look appealing as a unit. Have years of trust in Motocaddy, so don’t go anywhere else
MC are Chinese made, and imported.
GK are made in Britain.( with the possible exception of the battery)

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
At the end of the day, everyone has their favourite brand/model of golf trolley for their own reasons. Those can be based on design, aesthetics, ease of use, lightness, reliability, etc.
I have had the GoKart for over 10 years so I really can't comment on the opposition apart from the rare occassion I have used a rental (usually because I forgot my battery). There was nothing wrong with the other brands that I used, except I found them more heavy and unwieldy than my GoKart. I can get the GoKart out of my car, up and with the battery connected in less than a minute. And that's the Mk.1. And I like the simplicity. An on-off switch and a little rotary barrel to make it go faster or slower. That's all I want. I know others like more whistles and bells, and that's fine.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At the end of the day, everyone has their favourite brand/model of golf trolley for their own reasons. Those can be based on design, aesthetics, ease of use, lightness, reliability, etc.
I have had the GoKart for over 10 years so I really can't comment on the opposition apart from the rare occassion I have used a rental (usually because I forgot my battery). There was nothing wrong with the other brands that I used, except I found them more heavy and unwieldy than my GoKart. I can get the GoKart out of my car, up and with the battery connected in less than a minute. And that's the Mk.1. And I like the simplicity. An on-off switch and a little rotary barrel to make it go faster or slower. That's all I want. I know others like more whistles and bells, and that's fine.
I have had a MC S1 when they first come out (loads of issues), a Golfstream Revolution (bombproof) and now a MC S7 remote.
My wife and daughter have both had/have GK,

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
GoKart for me too. Mine's 12 years old and is often used 3 times a week, on the odd occasion when something needs replacing, quick phone call, parts arrive in a couple of days and are always easy to fix.

Wouldn't have anything else

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Where does the steel come from? Where does the coke used in the steel making process come from? Did the electricity come via the cable from France? Are the investors all British? Did their wealth accumulate in Britain? :):ROFLMAO:
Perhaps do you're homework first. GK's are made of glass based material, somewhere North of Watford.
As for the company, they're based in Kent and always have been.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Impressive that they can source British manufactured motors, bearings, clutches, switches etc and still keep the costs down to where they are.
Just shows how massively overpriced cons the other trollies are ;)

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can speak for both Gokart and Motocaddy.
I've had GK for 13 years and apart from a bungee strap (sent foc) and scorecard holder ( replaced during one of two services, I've had no problems at all.

Since I retired two and a half years ago trollies been used three times a week without any problems
During 13years of use the occasions I've had contact with their customer service they've been faultless.

My course is quite hilly and lately I've found it difficult being literally dragged down the hills with the weight of the cart bag, especially with all the winter gear it carries. Doesn't do the old knees much good.
So I decided to treat myself to a Motocaddy with Downhill Control. Oh, it's so much easier! Not only the control downhill but also the trolley holds on the slopes and once in park it doesn't move. Whereas with any trolley without DHC it has to be positioned in every which way to stop it moving.
It is quite a bit heavier than a GK but manageable.
As for Motocaddy's customer service : after five uses the transit bag zip broke, took it in to pro shop and Motocaddy requestd a picture of broken zip and said OK will send a replacement and in the meantime to use the bag until new one comes in.

All in all very pleased with Motocaddy so far. But will add, that had it not been for a hilly course I would still be using the GK. 👍

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got my wife a Go Kart after very positive reviews on this forum and she has found it very good after three years of use.
I've got a Hill Billy which I don't think are marketed any more. It has been excellent but it doesn't fold as small.

Mandofred

Visit site
Currently have a Motocaddy (first elec trolley) that I bought about 1.5 years ago. Thought about the GK since I knew a couple of people at my old course that had them and liked them. Wish I'd gone the GK direction. The speed control was crazy immediately on the Moto....Jumped all over the place and just made it hell to use. Got hold of the company and they sent me a new controller knob. Helped quite a bit....but the issue is still there. Nudge the speed up a little, nothing happens. Nudge it further, nothing happens. Nudge it further and it jumps a couple of speeds. Same thing going the other way. Seems sensible to put some kind of "clicker" in the knob so that it "WILL" change one speed when moving it one click. Currently....just rotate it and hope it does what you are trying to do. Grinding out of the axle area (assuming grit etc)....I'm not sending it in, I'll just get tired of it at some point and tear it apart myself to see if I can clean/fix it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I had a Mk2 Go-kart for a while.....
The placing of the battery severely raises the CoG of the unit making it, at my course, almost unusable
We have a lot of side slopes and I had to be very careful at which angle I left the trolley as it was very easy to tip it over.
Walking with the trolley on these slopes wasn't easy either...the pressure I had to enforce to keep it from tipping made it creak like a barn door
The front wheel bearings went after 6 months ..they replaced them FOC and it wasn't a difficult fix but 6 months seemed a bit soon.
I had a problem with the battery when I first got it. It refused to charge.
Again it was replaced quickly.
It didn't fold up particularly small, the axles stick out a long way .
It was sold within a year.
Compare that to my M3 Pro DHC
Bought during lockdown, so over 3 years ago, it has covered at least 500 rounds, maybe more.
The battery is lower and heavier so the stability is greatly improved - no tip overs(3 1/2 years) vs 4 or 5 with the GK(10 months)
The wheels had to be replaced but that was my fault - I dropped one and it cracked.
Other than that...no issues with it and it gets on the course 5 or 6 times a week.
200 quid more expensive than the Go-kart but, in my opinion, it looks better, works better and is more durable.
On a flattish course I'd say the GK would work OK but on slopes or hills...not for me.