Another year to get fit 2

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tony plenty of you tube videos on calve rolling. Helped me a lot til I got injured. Looking forward to being able to do some proper exercise.

Just watching some video clips and I think mine must be the tightest,really going to give the roller a go and loosen these things up.

Then I'm going to aim for 20 minutes for 5k

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Just watching some video clips and I think mine must be the tightest,really going to give the roller a go and loosen these things up.

Then I'm going to aim for 20 minutes for 5k

Good luck my target is 25 minutes, my best is 27 minutes. But injury has put pay to any running since October. So only walking at the moment, find it very difficult to motivate myself to go for walks though.

D

Deleted member 16999

Good luck my target is 25 minutes, my best is 27 minutes. But injury has put pay to any running since October. So only walking at the moment, find it very difficult to motivate myself to go for walks though.
Just did the wall thing, nowhere near at 3", 2 was a struggle!

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Just did the wall thing, nowhere near at 3", 2 was a struggle!

My physio said 10cm's was good and 7cm was acceptable. Runners are known for suffering from tight calves, most of my running friends roll there calves.

Sorry earlier got the measurement wrong earlier, as just tried it myself. Left about 7cm's and the right one about 3cm's. Going to start to roll mine again.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Up to now sounds very positive for those that've replied - very impressive. I've managed to cut out the crap in the main. Taking breakfast, fruit and lunch to work and eating sensibly on a night. Struggling a bit with cravings for crisps - and all things sweet. My wife bought me some Hartley's jellies which are sugar fee and only 10 cals per pot. Also nibbling on raisins and nuts. Any healthy snack recommendations (that are more interesting than fruit) would be appreciated.

Exercise wise I'm using the cross trainer 4-5 times a week. Going for the occasional jog but like to do this on a morning so the recent frost has curtailed this. Back playing badminton once a week too. Had a few calls to play football and might take it up again, I've probably still got it... Just wary about injuries. Not weighed myself yet but am definitely getting fitter so pleased with that for now.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Well, after returning to table tennis in the summer I've been pleasantly surprised with my movement around the table, and some good long rallies wins. Tonight I decided to see how well the fitness thing was going and got the trackie bottoms and running shoes on.

I'm not as fit as I hoped but not bad for an excessively cuddly 58 year old. 2.5 miles with one brief stop at 2 miles, my excuse being it is a steep hill for a 1/4 mile.

Anyway, must stagger off for my heart attack.

ventura

Head Pro
Visit site
First month updates?

Lost 10lbs so far so pretty pleased and still sticking with it.

Think I'll be able to drop another stone based on diet before I need to start doing some more exercise too.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
First month updates?

I've lost 4kg by sticking to the diet and doing a lot of walking (>400,000 steps in January). Have also started doing yoga which will hopefully help with my flexibility. Feeling fitter and a bit slimmer and am working up to getting back into running.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have lost precisely 4lbs 😂
Unfortunately, a few days after starting the diet I was given a new project at work that means that I've gone from 3 days per week to 6 x 10 hour shifts. Can't get to the gym or the golf club. Hopefully I should be finished in the next few weeks and I'll kick on from there.

D

Deleted member 16999

Doing good, weight coming down and fitness on the rise.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'm going in the wrong direction, struggling to cut out the late night snacks and due to the weather I'm not playing much or working much so I'm in couch Potatoe mode 😳😜

RustyTom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Me and my partner are getting married in Aug 2018 but wanted to get the weight off before then and then just keep it off rather than work like made trying to make target.

My target is to be 12-12.5st for wedding.

Weight at start of the year was 14.11, my heaviest i have ever been.

Current weight 14.3

I currently am working out 3 times a week with an occasional road run in between, if i dont fancy gym.

My workouts consist of roughly 3-5k treadmill (350 - 400 calorie burn), 8 mins on bike for warm up and then 10 mins on cross trainer afterwards (not a long session but i go to gym straight from a 12 hour nightshift and any more than that the personal trainer said i would struggle to sleep due to adrenaline)

Currently not doing any weights as im having rehab on a shoulder injury but hopfully in the next month or so i can start lifting some as my moobs are one of my biggest hates.

Eating a million times better this year. Homemade fruit/veg smooties for dinner and another during nightshift, with a nice wholesome meal around 6pm

Good luck to everyone.

Will follow this thread.

D

Deleted member 21258

Weight on 1.2 was 13st 8 lbs down from 14st 5lbs, lost 11lbs in Jan. Only another 1st 8lbs to go :smirk:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some great results for some so far keep it going it takes time.

Myself I have finished with weight loss down to 12st 4 from 14 1/2 3 years ago so now its all about definition for me.

Still at the gym 3 or 4 times a week and the odd run here and there but calf restricting the running.

Really nailed down the nutrition now.

Hopefully this year many more can keep it going.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't hate me but... I'm trying to put weight on. Want to increase muscle mass and get back to previous fitness levels.

Anyway, started the year at 55Kg and I'm now 53.9Kg (8st 7lbs). So it's not going to entirely to plan. No, I'm not ill, it's early days yet as I'm still burning off the winter coat.

I had to give up running early in 2016 due to damage done to a reconstructed left foot (long story) and since then I've become increasingly unfit through a lack of exercise. Switched to using an exercise bike for aerobics instead now. Already feeling a lot stronger and revitalised and hopefully this might also convert to some benefits on the golf course this year.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Weighed in yesterday at 12st 1lb/77.7kg so 6lb's off in the month. BMI whatever that is was 25.6 - so close to not being in the overweight category. More than happy with that loss though. My diet is pretty good during the week but can't resist the odd takeaway and a few (ahem) beers at the weekend. Or a few treats from my daughter treat cupboard. Or a sticky toffee pudding... Yep I'm just a greedy man.

Training wise am doing well. Use the cross trainer 4 times a week. Jogging once or twice a week. Badminton once a week. Considering going back to my first love of football - just don't want to end up injured again.

Thinking my fitness was improved I went to me mates boxing gym. 3 x 2 minute intervals of skipping/shadow boxing/heavy bag and sprints nearly killed me. We had a spar at the end and I was the only one blowing with a a face the colour of a radish. Showed me I still had a way to go.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't hate me but... I'm trying to put weight on. Want to increase muscle mass and get back to previous fitness levels.

Anyway, started the year at 55Kg and I'm now 53.9Kg (8st 7lbs). So it's not going to entirely to plan. No, I'm not ill, it's early days yet as I'm still burning off the winter coat.

I had to give up running early in 2016 due to damage done to a reconstructed left foot (long story) and since then I've become increasingly unfit through a lack of exercise. Switched to using an exercise bike for aerobics instead now. Already feeling a lot stronger and revitalised and hopefully this might also convert to some benefits on the golf course this year.

Have a pizza and beer for me Jim!

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I think I was heavier than that when I started high school aged 11 :rofl: