Another year to get fit 2

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry to hear that mate, didn't think you were too happy today :)

well, my wife took the dog bed out of the boot whilst i was holding it open. she managed to drag my 3 wood half way out with the bed. so I'll feel better after i give her a back hander and frog march her to the atm for a new shaft ( i write looking over my shoulder)

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
why do people bang on about starting up jogging?. on the list of burn fat and get fit it wouldn't even be in the top ten of preferred exercises

crossfit
hit training
weight training all knock spots off jogging. however jogging is good for destroying knees and ankles

Maybe some of us enjoy it, its free and like to enter races or do parkruns to challenge ourselves..

I also do Hiit and weights.

D

Deleted member 16999

well, my wife took the dog bed out of the boot whilst i was holding it open. she managed to drag my 3 wood half way out with the bed. so I'll feel better after i give her a back hander and frog march her to the atm for a new shaft ( i write looking over my shoulder)
It's a good excuse for a matching Driver as well ;)

You just dislike running because of the Military background, easiest exercise for the lazy Unit PTI's.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
why do people bang on about starting up jogging?. on the list of burn fat and get fit it wouldn't even be in the top ten of preferred exercises

crossfit
hit training
weight training all knock spots off jogging. however jogging is good for destroying knees and ankles

Each to there own mate.
If I could run every day id be a happy man,ive been running since I was 9 and now 51 injuries due to football not running have virtually stopped me today I only ran for 12 minutes but it was heaven.

I also have never had bad knees or ankles from running all my injuries stem from football,as I said each to there own.

I agree with you on one thing though running to lose weight is poppycock unless your nutrition is right.

RustyTom

Assistant Pro
Visit site

crossfit
hit training

I work nights and the only time to work out is after the night shift, if youve got the energy to HIT training and get to sleep while the adrenaline is pumping then carry on but id rather go for a 3 mile jog, eat healthy and know that i can sleep when i get back.

Also, as much as id love to do weights, my shoulder is currently in rehab so weights is a no no.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
So i have found a running partner! An old mate of mine not seen for ages, caught up with him at the pub watching the rugby, said what i was doing and he offered to help! Said he hadn't run for ages and would be fun. Been out with him a few times now and its going well to my target of sub 60min 10k for the race i am in on 28th May. But god, he is a nutter.

For someone that hasn't run for months, yesterdays early run, he arrives at mine. Already sweating... He ran to mine for a warm up, its 4k from his house! Then we go out for an interval 4k, get back, i am purple and blowing out of many holes. Then he says right i'm off, gonna run to work! His work is a further 4k! So his second run in 4 months is 12k total.. Animal!

Also started inbetween running doing https://stronglifts.com/5x5/ my brother had a squat rack, bench and weights gathering dust, so i went and stole them. Don't wait to gain muscles, just get stronger.

So far so good, plan is to do 3 runs and 3 weight sessions a week and full rest day. So far so good, unintentionally lost 8lb (im only 11st1lb now) so need to keep an eye on it, as weight loss wasn' something i really wanted, but if its fat going now, then i'm hoping it will go back up with muscle.

Also been on the Joe Wicks (the bodycoach) eating plan for about 3 weeks now (with the wife, so its easier! she is doing his HIIT workouts), so much more energy!

So, so far so good, enjoying it, enjoying running with someone so much better than me (and very patient!) and loving the weights!

Roll on May 28th!

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
First full run at park run this morning since beginning of October. 32 minutes not to bad as on grass and have to go up a hill 3 times.
Just trying to rebuild my running fitness back up as that was hard work!!

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yet again a month flies by I hope everyone is sticking to there plan.

I have actually lost 4lbs when I wasn't really trying to it must be down to the HIIT class I have attended and a little bit of jogging although the calf has gone again now.

Nutrition is very good also.

Hope to hear some inspirational results not excuses they are getting boring now.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hope to hear some inspirational results not excuses they are getting boring now.

Ran 6k 3 times last week, all with sub 6 minute 1km splits. So i am well on target, 3 weeks into 5x5 stronglifts too and they are getting heavy!

Following the bodycoach food plan still (although had a few days off for my b'day) and loving it. 3 months to go until my first 10k race! Target has moved to sub 55 minute now.

An unintentionally, under 11stone for the first time since secondary school.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've not started, just can't find the motivation, but I need to do something. While out in Newcastle last week, I went to the weight house for an accurate weigh in and found out that i'm 16st 7lbs 1oz, never been above 16st before.

That works out at gaining nearly a stone and a half since I stopped training.

So just need to find the motivation.