Another year to get fit 2

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been struggling with my diet but other than that going ok, running twice a week and circuits twice, but upping the running to 3x this week so see how I get on.
Proper trainers and insoles will hopefully help pj, I need some new running shoes as mine are a year old now, but they'll do me a few weeks more I think.
Not stepped on scales yet, going to hold off til month end.

Yes I hope they do mate I really do need them too as Ryan loves me running with him.

Nutrition is the key to losing weight if you can get into a routine and stick to it.

All it comes down to at the end of the day is a want and will power,good luck you can do it mate.

D

Deleted member 16999

That's funny my wife and daughter have made me protein flapjacks.First batch was a bit wet but much better this time.
I'm on the lookout for a decent recipe, mine are simple, porridge oats, 1 egg and milk mixed together, I don't like sweetner so I've put a little bit of mixed fruit in, 10 mins to make and 25 mins in oven.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm on the lookout for a decent recipe, mine are simple, porridge oats, 1 egg and milk mixed together, I don't like sweetner so I've put a little bit of mixed fruit in, 10 mins to make and 25 mins in oven.

not much protein there though

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

I'm sure its a Flapjack recipe but without the sweet stuff like syrup and sugar.

I know she uses my Whey protein powder and Peanut butter,not the best tasting but obviously better for you,

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes I hope they do mate I really do need them too as Ryan loves me running with him.QUOTE]

Tony, have you tried rolling your calves using a foam roller? They might be quite tight, hence the problems with them!
Rolling them helps to stretch them out, can be painful but well worth it.

No I haven't but will look into it Simon yes they are tight but as you know its a slowly slowly process.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've successfully cut the crap out of my diet and am averaging over 12000 steps a day, most of it brisk walking. move more, eat less seems to be working and I've lost 2.5kg.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
cheers PJ, I know I will get into it, I have a couple of things to train for this year, tough mudder, maybe 2 and hopefully the GNR, but have to wait for the later. Need to start making my own lunches, I am pretty good at the start of the day, make my smoothie for breakfast and have that with museli, and dinner is ok, as the wife is making it and she is trying to lose weight too, lunch time in the work canteen is not so easy, and then weekend with alcohol! :O
thanks for the support ;) keep up the good work folks !!

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Tony one way to see is but your bare foot about 3 inches from the wall. Push your knee in towards the wall, if you can do that move your foot back again and repeat. Until you can't touch the wall without your ankle coming up of the ground.

Do it on both legs, apparently average is about 10 inches. My dodgy ankle I'm lucky to get 3 inches, and about 7.5 inches on my good leg. That will give you an odea about how tight your calves are.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Purely to replace chocolate or crisps or coca cola,

i have a serious chocolate and sugar problem. try sugar free jelly to take the edge off sugar cravings and "grenade karb killa bars" are an amazing nice low carb/sugar chocolate bar. i think tescos have started selling them in the heath section along with the protein powders. expensive per bar but amazon sell them for about £18 a box

D

Deleted member 16999

i have a serious chocolate and sugar problem. try sugar free jelly to take the edge off sugar cravings and "grenade karb killa bars" are an amazing nice low carb/sugar chocolate bar. i think tescos have started selling them in the heath section along with the protein powders. expensive per bar but amazon sell them for about £18 a box
Cheers mate, I'll take a look.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tony one way to see is but your bare foot about 3 inches from the wall. Push your knee in towards the wall, if you can do that move your foot back again and repeat. Until you can't touch the wall without your ankle coming up of the ground.

Do it on both legs, apparently average is about 10 inches. My dodgy ankle I'm lucky to get 3 inches, and about 7.5 inches on my good leg. That will give you an odea about how tight your calves are.

To be fair Simon I am stiff from my run and stiffening as I write but I have just done your test and yes it was painful and I managed 2" with the left slightly less but fractions this to me sounds really bad.

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Using myfitnesspal to track diet for the last couple of weeks. Other than a night out the weekend before last, all going pretty well there.

I am still travelling every week and living in hotels, so has been very difficult to find time or the space to train. So have just been doing some stretching, lunges, light weight squats, core work in hotel room 2-3 nights per week. Then also done soe pretty light deadlifts at the weekend when home. I also have a dodgy knee, so not wanting to do anything too strenuous too quickly.

But to be honest, living in a hotel, diet is always the hardest thing to manage, so at least I am managing that quite well. Think I've managed to drop 4-5lbs so far, but that was from a record high at Xmas!!

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
To be fair Simon I am stiff from my run and stiffening as I write but I have just done your test and yes it was painful and I managed 2" with the left slightly less but fractions this to me sounds really bad.

Tony plenty of you tube videos on calve rolling. Helped me a lot til I got injured. Looking forward to being able to do some proper exercise.

D

Deleted member 21258

Just seen thread, as at 1/1/17 decided to lose the weight on I have put on over the last 2 years, gained about 3 stone :eek: and on 3.1.17 weighed in at 14 stone 5 lbs.

Have set a target of 12 stone.

Already lost 6 pounds by just not eating rubbish and not eating after 6pm each night, am fairly active but looking to get fitter by more golf, tennis(once a week) and table tennis(3-4 times a week).

As a bit of a challenge to myself, think I will say if I am 12 stone by H4H then I will donate £50 to H4H and if I don't hit/maintain the 12 stone until H4H then I will donate £75. Should help as I am a bit tight.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just seen thread, as at 1/1/17 decided to lose the weight on I have put on over the last 2 years, gained about 3 stone :eek: and on 3.1.17 weighed in at 14 stone 5 lbs.

Have set a target of 12 stone.

Already lost 6 pounds by just not eating rubbish and not eating after 6pm each night, am fairly active but looking to get fitter by more golf, tennis(once a week) and table tennis(3-4 times a week).

As a bit of a challenge to myself, think I will say if I am 12 stone by H4H then I will donate £50 to H4H and if I don't hit/maintain the 12 stone until H4H then I will donate £75. Should help as I am a bit tight.

Sounds good mate always nice to have a target hope you do it.