And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think if you think Chelsea are capable of going on such a losing streak your deluded and not a football fan and just bitter!

We've conceded only 4 goals in the last 4 months, do you seriously think that will suddenly change?

I dont think you will lose the league now, but Champions to not even in Europe, probably back to champions, says that its not beyond the realms of possibility in this league, for you to go on a losing streak.

Whats highly unlikely is someone putting a good enough run to catch you, though.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
How many teams over the last decade that were in the same sort of position as Chelsea have not gone on to win the league ?

They are 8 points clear with 16 games left - as well as Chelsea having to drop points the other teams also have to go on unbeaten runs

Football doesn't work in hope - it works in reality - and the reality is Chelsea should win the league with a couple games left to spare , they have the lead , the strongest 11 with prob the best striker in the Prem and the strongest back line.

Arsenal , Liverpool , City , Spurs are figh

How long have you followed football for?

95-96 Newcastle lost a 12 point in March to United

97-98 Arsenal came back from 11 points behind in March to beat United

03-04 Arsenal lost from an 8 point lead to United later in the season than now

08-09 Liverpool lost a 8 point lead later in the season then now.

11-12 Ok City ended up winning still on the last kick of the season but their 8 point lead in April disappeared

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I dont think you will lose the league now, but Champions to not even in Europe, probably back to champions, says that its not beyond the realms of possibility in this league, for you to go on a losing streak.

Whats highly unlikely is someone putting a good enough run to catch you, though.

There's a huge difference imo to not getting a good start and then battling your way up the league with so may teams above you, which I think we did fantastically towards the end with a brilliant run, and being where we are now and going in reverse!

I don't think I need to lay my bet off, just yet 😜

D

Deleted member 15344

How long have you followed football for?

95-96 Newcastle lost a 12 point in March to United

97-98 Arsenal came back from 11 points behind in March to beat United

03-04 Arsenal lost from an 8 point lead to United later in the season than now

08-09 Liverpool lost a 8 point lead later in the season then now.

11-12 Ok City ended up winning still on the last kick of the season but their 8 point lead in April disappeared

So you came up with 5 examples - 3 are over a decade old ( as i did ask in the last decade )

In 08/09 - we were second with 16 games left ? So how did we lose an 8 point lead later in the season when we were the team chasing Utd ?

City still won in 11/12

Didn't Arsenal also win in 03/04 being Top with 16 games left and never being overtaken

Maybe a bit of research is required

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
So you came up with 5 examples - 3 are over a decade old ( as i did ask in the last decade )

In 08/09 - we were second with 16 games left ? So how did we lose an 8 point lead later in the season when we were the team chasing Utd ?

City still won in 11/12

Didn't Arsenal also win in 03/04 being Top with 16 games left and never being overtaken

Maybe a bit of research is required

I think I've just blown your silly argument about an unassailable lead out of the water tbh.

Why the cap at 10 years anyway. The fact is bigger leads and much later in the season have been surrended. You have been talking out of your backside and the facts speak for themselves.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think I've just blown your silly argument about an unassailable lead out of the water tbh.

Why the cap at 10 years anyway. The fact is bigger leads and much later in the season have been surrended. You have been talking out of your backside and the facts speak for themselves.

Eh ?!

I asked how teams over the last decade that were in the same sort of position as Chelsea and haven't gone onto win the league

You answered with

5 answers , 3 over a decade ago , 2 of them the team still won the league , one that wasn't in the same position as Chelsea

Suggest you research better and ensure you get your facts correct

Fish

Banned
Visit site

But in all those examples most were won in the low 80's and even 1 season not achieving 80 points! Chelsea have won previously in the mid 90's points and with their current points tally look to be heading for 90 points plus again, those years you highlight there was no dominance from any team hence and due to the very low points achieved to win the league, I think it's you who needs to look at the bigger picture as they are very poor examples.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Eh ?!

I asked how teams over the last decade that were in the same sort of position as Chelsea and haven't gone onto win the league

You answered with

5 answers , 3 over a decade ago , 2 of them the team still won the league , one that wasn't in the same position as Chelsea

Suggest you research better and ensure you get your facts correct

1 team still win not 2.

Arsenal is a typo ,meant to be 02-03

Say what you like but they are all perfectly good examples of where an 8 point lead or more have been swallowed up in 1-2 months and here we are in January with almost 4 months left to go.

Your twisting cannot change the record books. I'm sure that it looked bleak and àll but over for 4 of those clubs chasing back then as it does for Arsenal and others now but they managed it.

In 02-03 there was actually a 13 point swing,Arsenal were top with an 8 point gap but ended up losing by a 5 point margin.

If that's doesn't count due to your "only lastb10 years count" rule then what do you have to say about Liverpool in 08-09?

Won 8 in a row that year, 8 points clear, lost by 4 to United in the end who actually made up 12 points on Liverpool in the closing couple of months.

D

Deleted member 15344

1 team still win not 2.

Arsenal is a typo ,meant to be 02-03

Say what you like but they are all perfectly good examples of where an 8 point lead or more have been swallowed up in 1-2 months and here we are in January with almost 4 months left to go.

Your twisting cannot change the record books. I'm sure that it looked bleak and àll but over for 4 of those clubs chasing back then as it does for Arsenal and others now but they managed it.

In 02-03 there was actually a 13 point swing,Arsenal were top with an 8 point gap but ended up losing by a 5 point margin.

If that's doesn't count due to your "only lastb10 years count" rule then what do you have to say about Liverpool in 08-09?

Won 8 in a row that year, 8 points clear, lost by 4 to United in the end who actually made up 12 points on Liverpool in the closing couple of months.

Because we weren't 8 points clear in Jan

We were second from week 20 of the season we're team chasing Man Utd -

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008–09_Liverpool_F.C._season

Said you need to check your facts a few times now

I haven't twisted anything

I don't believe Chelsea will be caught and will win the league

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
How many teams over the last decade that were in the same sort of position as Chelsea have not gone on to win the league ?

They are 8 points clear with 16 games left - as well as Chelsea having to drop points the other teams also have to go on unbeaten runs

Football doesn't work in hope - it works in reality - and the reality is Chelsea should win the league with a couple games left to spare , they have the lead , the strongest 11 with prob the best striker in the Prem and the strongest back line.

Arsenal , Liverpool , City , Spurs are fighting for 3 CL spots right now - that is being realistic.

Probably right about Chelsea but your last statement is far from realistic.

Yes I know you don't think Utd will be fighting for C/L but in the real world how is that being realistic.

We are 6 points off 2nd and on a great run so are well in the mix and write us off at your peril.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
United have a very poor goal difference compared to those they will be in contention with and if they can maintain their current run, their still a good way from being in the top 4 for me unless someone above them goes into free fall!

I've always said irrelevant of my picks at any time, runs can be put together but if those above that team are still winning then it doesn't mean a jot, they can only move up at the expense of someone above them failing,will that happen, are there cracks in Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal for Utd to climb, hell yeah!

A few 6 or 7 nils should change that GD

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mate, Fish wrote off Spurs and United top 4 chances back in November. To say that a team cannot go on a run is really quite silly. United are on a run now aren't they?

Spot on we are on a run however since we have turned it around the top 5 have been winning too unfortunately.

Long way to go as people say.

D

Deleted member 16999

Probably right about Chelsea but your last statement is far from realistic.

Yes I know you don't think Utd will be fighting for C/L but in the real world how is that being realistic.

We are 6 points off 2nd and on a great run so are well in the mix and write us off at your peril.
Everton are closer to 4th than 4th are to 1st so if people want to be realistic maybe it's not over for us yet. ;)

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Please quote the post where I have said?

Seriously? You've said a few times that we are all playing for second place. Also your very last mail questions what I said about teams coming back from 8 points and how it's so very different with Chelsea this year.

We'll see how bomb proof your title campaign is over the coming weeks and months.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Seriously? You've said a few times that we are all playing for second place. Also your very last mail questions what I said about teams coming back from 8 points and how it's so very different with Chelsea this year.

We'll see how bomb proof your title campaign is over the coming weeks and months.

Bomb proof 😂😂

I think you read what you want and don't digest things that are really said, I've left all my posts regarding the actual title and places quite open, there's only 1 person blinkered here and twisting/spinning things, and it's not LP.

I think your anger is born from frustration, maybe being the nearly men for so long is starting to take its effect on you as another season with the possibility of an empty cabinet looms 😜

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
But in all those examples most were won in the low 80's and even 1 season not achieving 80 points! Chelsea have won previously in the mid 90's points and with their current points tally look to be heading for 90 points plus again, those years you highlight there was no dominance from any team hence and due to the very low points achieved to win the league, I think it's you who needs to look at the bigger picture as they are very poor examples.

I think the point Sawtooth was trying to make is that it is Chelsea s to loose but it has happened before and for it to happen the team leading needs a bad run or a mini collapse. Obviously if Chelsea obtain the number of points you were taking about there won't have been a collapse and Chelsea won't have let anyone back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.