And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
And how many major trophies in that same period ?

Every year you say the same thing about - kicking on , not being hamstrung ( have you seen how much Arsenal have spent over the last 5 years ) , expect big signings but it's the same result at the end of the season.

When is it the time for more than that ?

And every year Liverpool are building for the future🙄
Suppose next year is your year.
Why not go out & buy some real top quality rather than raiding Southampton or other mid table teams?

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Arsenal won't win the league and they won't win the CL - it will be the exact same ending as the last ten seasons.

I still think we will finish in the Top 4 - think Chelsea have too big a gap and the teams around don't have the consistency to close that gap

Top 4 ? So you think Liverpool have blown their chance to win the league?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Mate, Fish wrote off Spurs and United top 4 chances back in November. To say that a team cannot go on a run is really quite silly. United are on a run now aren't they?

Ok we'll see.
Chelsea have had some average performance's recently.
Hull for example,yet took 3pts.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Mate, Fish wrote off Spurs and United top 4 chances back in November. To say that a team cannot go on a run is really quite silly. United are on a run now aren't they?

United have a very poor goal difference compared to those they will be in contention with and if they can maintain their current run, their still a good way from being in the top 4 for me unless someone above them goes into free fall!

I've always said irrelevant of my picks at any time, runs can be put together but if those above that team are still winning then it doesn't mean a jot, they can only move up at the expense of someone above them failing,will that happen, are there cracks in Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal for Utd to climb, hell yeah!

D

Deleted member 15344

So you have hope of catching Chelsea?

Have hope ?

Every fan "hopes" but expectations need to be realistic - i believe Chelsea will win the league now , what I hope doesn't really matter.

Anything can happen but right now it's a big ask for any team to catch Chelsea.

D

Deleted member 16999

Once again we get someone asking an Arsenal fan a genuine question and along comes someone else to turn it into a Arsenal v Liverpool discussion,
Would be nice to have a serious debate rather than petty point scoring!

D

Deleted member 16999

United have a very poor goal difference compared to those they will be in contention with and if they can maintain their current run, their still a good way from being in the top 4 for me unless someone above them goes into free fall!

I've always said irrelevant of my picks at any time, runs can be put together but if those above that team are still winning then it doesn't mean a jot, they can only move up at the expense of someone above them failing,will that happen, are there cracks in Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal for Utd to climb, hell yeah!
As much as you may drop points, I can't see anyone catching you, Conte has been the best manager by far. Be interesting if or who he signs to strengthen you's next season.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
And every year Liverpool are building for the future🙄
Suppose next year is your year.
Why not go out & buy some real top quality rather than raiding Southampton or other mid table teams?

They have bought some good players, not just from Southampton but the issues remain, clear for many fans that the defence and arguably the keeper are the weak areas and still need shoring up with some top quality players. Whether that happens this month or in the summer remains to be seen. Of course you could argue your point is valid too and it's a continual work in progress and next year is THE year.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

City dropped like a stone from looking pretty invincible not that long ago.

Chelsea could easily go through a bad patch. This league can change in a blink of an eye.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have hope ?

Every fan "hopes" but expectations need to be realistic - i believe Chelsea will win the league now , what I hope doesn't really matter.

Anything can happen but right now it's a big ask for any team to catch Chelsea.

Closed question to make it easier

Do you think Liverpool can still win this league simply yes or no?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
City dropped like a stone from looking pretty invincible not that long ago.

Chelsea could easily go through a bad patch. This league can change in a blink of an eye.

I think if you think Chelsea are capable of going on such a losing streak your deluded and not a football fan and just bitter!

We've conceded only 4 goals in the last 4 months, do you seriously think that will suddenly change?

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes it is mathematically possible for Liverpool to win the league

And so you should IMO.

Arsenal are at this moment in time 2 points better off than Liverpool and I think we can win the league as well.

Spurs can too.

As can City and United.

Everything still to play for, anyone that disputes that really hasn't seen a lot of football over the years.

D

Deleted member 15344

And so you should IMO.

Arsenal are at this moment in time 2 points better off than Liverpool and I think we can win the league as well.

Spurs can too.

As can City and United.

Everything still to play for, anyone that disputes that really hasn't seen a lot of football over the years.

How many teams over the last decade that were in the same sort of position as Chelsea have not gone on to win the league ?

They are 8 points clear with 16 games left - as well as Chelsea having to drop points the other teams also have to go on unbeaten runs

Football doesn't work in hope - it works in reality - and the reality is Chelsea should win the league with a couple games left to spare , they have the lead , the strongest 11 with prob the best striker in the Prem and the strongest back line.

Arsenal , Liverpool , City , Spurs are fighting for 3 CL spots right now - that is being realistic.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
How many teams over the last decade that were in the same sort of position as Chelsea have not gone on to win the league ?

They are 8 points clear with 16 games left - as well as Chelsea having to drop points the other teams also have to go on unbeaten runs

Football doesn't work in hope - it works in reality - and the reality is Chelsea should win the league with a couple games left to spare , they have the lead , the strongest 11 with prob the best striker in the Prem and the strongest back line.

Arsenal , Liverpool , City , Spurs are fighting for 3 CL spots right now - that is being realistic.

Is the right answer but I still take nothing for granted just yet, but as far as realistic expectations, it's ours to lose now.

Status
Not open for further replies.