And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bomb proof 😂😂

I think you read what you want and don't digest things that are really said, I've left all my posts regarding the actual title and places quite open, there's only 1 person blinkered here and twisting/spinning things, and it's not LP.

I think your anger is born from frustration, maybe being the nearly men for so long is starting to take its effect on you as another season with the possibility of an empty cabinet looms 😜

Not angry at all just confused that you and LP can call the title winners in January.

It's not necessarily over and history backs me up on that.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
How many teams over the last decade that were in the same sort of position as Chelsea have not gone on to win the league ?

I always find it hilarious how Liverpoolphil always adds his own time frame for the thing you have to prove as if outside of that it's not important or didn't happen.

In the last fifteen minutes how many times have Arsenal. . ......

I heard something yesterday that suprised me in there first 81 games LVG at Utd and Klopp at pool have the same number of wins (same win rate).

One was terrible the other is the second coming, you wor it out.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I think the point Sawtooth was trying to make is that it is Chelsea s to loose but it has happened before and for it to happen the team leading needs a bad run or a mini collapse. Obviously if Chelsea obtain the number of points you were taking about there won't have been a collapse and Chelsea won't have let anyone back in.

and I have said exactly that and stated I still take nothing for granted, but he then quotes me as saying 'it's all over' and we are 'bomb proof', I have said no such statements or even alluded to them!

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Long way to go yet before you can start shouting that silly St Tottering Day

What you on about St Tottering day. I was quoting an Aresenal supporter and any Groundhog Day wouldn't be apt for Spurs because apart from last year you have never been in the chase

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
and I have said exactly that and stated I still take nothing for granted, but he then quotes me as saying 'it's all over' and we are 'bomb proof', I have said no such statements or even alluded to them!

It may just be the way it's worded but your post that I quoted sounds to me that you would rule it out.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
a 97th minute winner against pretty much the worst away side in the league, and 2 central midfielders proving how ineffective and dumb they are, yep looked like its gonna be our year to me too lol

that or we lose in the next round of the CL and finish 4th in the league

you ever watched groundhog day?

Don't mention Groundhog Day or the Spurs supporters will be on your back

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As much as you may drop points, I can't see anyone catching you, Conte has been the best manager by far. Be interesting if or who he signs to strengthen you's next season.

Be good to get a top notch striker. I am not convinced that Costa will stay. I think there is a lot more than what the club have said

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Point is, if Costa goes in the summer then they will get a bucket load for him. They can then spend that bucket load on another top striker. So the circle goes on.

It is no great statement to say this is Chelsea's to lose. They look powerful, well balanced and put teams away. They look a complete team. Not as hateful as past years either :D. They don't seem to have the same snarling, nastiness of past era's. All the better for it as well.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

No I didn't quote you as saying that, several of your mails IMPLY that you think it's all over and that the lead is unassailable.

D

Deleted member 15344

I always find it hilarious how Liverpoolphil always adds his own time frame for the thing you have to prove as if outside of that it's not important or didn't happen.

In the last fifteen minutes how many times have Arsenal. . ......

I heard something yesterday that suprised me in there first 81 games LVG at Utd and Klopp at pool have the same number of wins (same win rate).

Ok let me help you out a little to try and understand the need for timelines in the sport

In 1991 there was a very big change in the Sport - the Prem was started and money started to come into the game - that started the dominance of Man Utd with Arsenal popping up every now and then with a win but from the years of 1991 to 2004/5 there was only really a two horse race in regards the title - there was no real "big 4/5/6" also looking to secure CL spots

Then in 2004 the picture changed again - Abramovich arrived and this first real Top 4 appeared - , then when City arrived and with Spurs appearing again it became a Top 6

So the reason why I use a decade as a timeline is because it gives a more recent picture of how things are within the Prem

Did someone 20 years lose an 8 point lead - yes they did but for me it not a fair comparison but the league has massively changed since 20 years.

So for me because in the last decade teams don't throw away 8 point league with only 16 games left in the season - teams are too strong for that now. It just doesn't happen with the way the league is now. If someone wants to hold out hope by using an example 20 years ago then away they go - the chances are more than likely they will be disappointed "again"

As for Klopp and LVG - the response is and ?

Liverpool fans are happy with Klopp and the style of play and what he is trying to achieve at the club and Man Utd weren't happy with LVG and his style of play. But then you won't be able to see that using a stat

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok let me help you out a little to try and understand the need for timelines in the sport

In 1991 there was a very big change in the Sport - the Prem was started and money started to come into the game - that started the dominance of Man Utd with Arsenal popping up every now and then with a win but from the years of 1991 to 2004/5 there was only really a two horse race in regards the title - there was no real "big 4/5/6" also looking to secure CL spots

Then in 2004 the picture changed again - Abramovich arrived and this first real Top 4 appeared - , then when City arrived and with Spurs appearing again it became a Top 6

So the reason why I use a decade as a timeline is because it gives a more recent picture of how things are within the Prem

Did someone 20 years lose an 8 point lead - yes they did but for me it not a fair comparison but the league has massively changed since 20 years.

So for me because in the last decade teams don't throw away 8 point league with only 16 games left in the season - teams are too strong for that now. It just doesn't happen with the way the league is now. If someone wants to hold out hope by using an example 20 years ago then away they go - the chances are more than likely they will be disappointed "again"

As for Klopp and LVG - the response is and ?

Liverpool fans are happy with Klopp and the style of play and what he is trying to achieve at the club and Man Utd weren't happy with LVG and his style of play. But then you won't be able to see that using a stat

What a load of tosh.If anything there are more teams around today capable of taking points of the leaders.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Even if it was true, if one gets 15 draws extra, and the other one has only two, one manager is 13 points better off, so enjoy your sky stats (if true) but it doesn't paint the bigger picture.

Also LVG was playing mind-numbingly boring football, was using players who less than 3 years ago had been champions, and had also spent over 100 (maybe even 200 million).

Still think Klopp is doing the same as LVG?

D

Deleted member 15344

What a load of tosh.If anything there are more teams around today capable of taking points of the leaders.

So why hasn't it happened - teams aren't taking points of the leaders yet they are taking them off all the other teams. If it was 4/5 points then there is a chance but it's 8 and only 16 games left - that is a very big gap and as already said no team since Abramovich arrived in 04 has thrown away such a big lead at this time of the year - all the teams have gone on to win the title

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Even if it was true, if one gets 15 draws extra, and the other one has only two, one manager is 13 points better off, so enjoy your sky stats (if true) but it doesn't paint the bigger picture.

Also LVG was playing mind-numbingly boring football, was using players who less than 3 years ago had been champions, and had also spent over 100 (maybe even 200 million).

Still think Klopp is doing the same as LVG?

Sorry it was just throw away stat that suprised me, I would also prefer Klopp to LVG

D

Deleted member 16999

No team with 55 points or more after 22 games has failed to become champs since the PL began

Is that "the" PL, or the one from 15 years ago or the one that is only 10 years old, apparently it's changed beyond recognition ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.