And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 16999

Or he couldn't believe his luck for one last pay day.
Looks like he's been spending his spare time at Greggs.

All the pictures of him today at Sunderland have him looking lean, not sure what picture you've seen.

D

Deleted member 16999

Not based on the evidence of last season. Stole a living at Villa, and if he couldn't get motivated to perform for the club he (supposedly) supported what do you think he will give Sunderland.

He was/is a classic example of a player who looks better the better the other players around him.

On the evidence of the Sunderland defence this season and Moyes knows him, it is only my opinion that he's got nothing to lose.

D

Deleted member 18588

On the evidence of the Sunderland defence this season and Moyes knows him, it is only my opinion that he's got nothing to lose.

You could be right but I suspect that, with the type of players round him, it will be more the Villa version rather than the Everton or Man City. Not exactly getting any younger either.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Think you're missing the point here Paul🤔
He's definitely got nothing to lose,but Sunderland have🙈
Did you actually see him "playing" for Villa?

D

Deleted member 16999

Think you're missing the point here Paul🤔
He's definitely got nothing to lose,but Sunderland have🙈
Did you actually see him "playing" for Villa?

Only last season, but I've seen Sunderland a lot this season and obviously when he was with us, Moyes knows what he's getting, better than an unknown and only on loan which can be cancelled.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Only last season, but I've seen Sunderland a lot this season and obviously when he was with us, Moyes knows what he's getting, better than an unknown and only on loan which can be cancelled.

Personally I'd rather take the unknown that's hungry & looking to impress.
Can't even use the experience line,because he was embarrassing last season.

D

Deleted member 16999

Personally I'd rather take the unknown that's hungry & looking to impress.
Can't even use the experience line,because he was embarrassing last season.
They've in theory got those and they are not stepping up! The whole Villa team were embarrassing you can't single 1 player out.

D

Deleted member 18588

They've in theory got those and they are not stepping up! The whole Villa team were embarrassing you can't single 1 player out.

I support the real Birmingham team;) but have friends and relatives who follow Villa and I think they would all agree that they were all pathetic but they have a special place in their hearts for the disaster that was Lescott and Micah Richards.

D

Deleted member 16999

I support the real Birmingham team;) but have friends and relatives who follow Villa and I think they would all agree that they were all pathetic but they have a special place in their hearts for the disaster that was Lescott and Micah Richards.

Similar to how the locals here feel about their current centre half's 😃

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh yes it is, no matter what the result.

Thats good to hear ( providing you are not taking the pish)

I remember watching Arsenal beat Liverpool 2-1 in the Littlewoods cup 1987. At that age at least it felt like the World Cup to me. I wonder if the spotty 16 yr olds of today feel the same way as I did back then? Or has it lost any of its magic?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thats good to hear ( providing you are not taking the pish)

I remember watching Arsenal beat Liverpool 2-1 in the Littlewoods cup 1987. At that age at least it felt like the World Cup to me. I wonder if the spotty 16 yr olds of today feel the same way as I did back then? Or has it lost any of its magic?

No you didnt win it that day.

Our players hit the back of the net 3 times, you scored none. ;)

I was there myself,the first time Rush had scored and we'd been beaten, after about 6 years. It happened a few days later against Norwich, as well.

It is a major trophy, not the most sought after, but still a good trophy to win. Just look at the winners over the last 10 years.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He was/is a classic example of a player who looks better the better the other players around him.

Like Gerrard at Liverpool who looked brilliant with Alonso/Mascherano/Suarez around him or Lampard at Chelsea with Essien/Makelele/Drogba. Even I would look reasonable with those players around me but put them in an England shirt with lesser players around them and they did nothing/very little.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Like Gerrard at Liverpool who looked brilliant with Alonso/Mascherano/Suarez around him or Lampard at Chelsea with Essien/Makelele/Drogba. Even I would look reasonable with those players around me but put them in an England shirt with lesser players around them and they did nothing/very little.

So all England footballers over the last 50 years have been rubbish then?

Does that make De Bruyne, Torres, Lukaku, Morientes, Veron, rubbish then, cos they didnt do it at Chelsea/Liverpool/United, even though they were great elsewhere?

What about when Gerrard had Biscan, Cheyrou and Diao around him - he was still a great player then.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I didn't say they were rubbish, just not as good as they were made out to be. My point is that they were made to look better than they actually are by the players around them. Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, Ferdinand, Terry, A. Cole, Rooney have all been feted as world class but all seven played in the same team and did nothing at international level.

De Bruyne is only 25 and is now starting to show what he is capable of. Torres and Morientes performed for Spain at the highest level, Veron likewise for Argentina. Lukaku is still to prove himself.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I didn't say they were rubbish, just not as good as they were made out to be. My point is that they were made to look better than they actually are by the players around them. Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, Ferdinand, Terry, A. Cole, Rooney have all been feted as world class but all seven played in the same team and did nothing at international level.

De Bruyne is only 25 and is now starting to show what he is capable of. Torres and Morientes performed for Spain at the highest level, Veron likewise for Argentina. Lukaku is still to prove himself.

What exactly did Morientes win with Spain? Or veron with Argentina?

ashley cole was the best lb in the world for quite some time. I don't think anyone else came close to marking Ronaldo or messi out of a game like he did on numerous occasions.

Many players ers haven't won major into honours. Doesn't make them bad players. Just look at some of the cb at top teams now. Terry and Ferdinand would walk into almost any team.

Status
Not open for further replies.