Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Cheers LT, was listening to a City fan on talk sport saying how he would not be happy watching Everton play like that every week. He must of been a glory hunter city fan coz Everton played better than we ever did up until six or seven years ago.

On on holiday in Portugal last week or so, sat in a portugese resturaunt having peri piri chicken and steak which they screwed up an brought us a turkey stark instead
( al comment on that at the end) us tourists stuck out like a sore thumb as it was rammed with portugeseians. Anyway the guy on the next table had a thick Yorkshire accent and he just wanted to be heard by anyone within 10 yds. He came out with a comment that had me spluttering on Missis Ts Piri piri.

He says quote " I am a Leeds Utd fan and it is blatantly obvious that the premier league is missing us, but more importantly it needs us more than we need them". I heard it and more importantly Missis T heard it. She gave me that glare that said
" shut yer cake hole". God I was dying to say summat. That aside Newcastle had the sixth highest attendance in Europe over the weekend and they didn't play in the premier league.

Anyway back to me meal, I ordered a nice big fat beef steak for me meal and turkey steak turned up. Missis T says " shudup and get it eaten, don't make a fuss it's a genuine mistake, anyway you like turkey", "yeah but I wanted steak", " shut up whinging and get it down you". So I did, and yes it was quite nice. So onto pudding. what with Tashyboys body being a temple/ruin I was not bothered but Missis T went for the ice cream with fruit on top. Only when it came it was ice cream with chocolate and nuts on top. Well didn't it just kick off " shudup and get it eaten " I said, inside I was in bits. " not on your life, I did not order this", she glares at me. "I didn't order turkey", now am being a dick, she says. With that her arms waving in the air to the waiter. " this is not what I ordered she politely says" giving the same look to the waiter which I had earlier recieved in the evening with said Leeds fan. He had that in built radar which told him not to mess with Missis T and her ice cream.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tashy, great story, ha ha.

Leeds fans are totally delusional, I am sure that bloke you overheard is not alone in thinking that. The reality is that when Leeds were in the PL they had a very unpleasant, racist section of fans, (note not all Leeds fans) and no one is missing them. The PL is a far nicer place without them.

Mmmm, a team go to City, pack the midfield, play on the break, come away with a point. Job done, welcome to the new world of Man City. You have a team that can take anyone apart so why would anyone throw players forward against you? We used the template of how to play a top team on their own ground and come away with something. Yes, we were lucky but you need to ride your luck sometimes. We don't play like that every week, that caller was a very silly boy. Koeman adapts his team to play the team in front of him and when you play a free flowing team like City you need to stifle their flow, makes sense to me.

I saw the Newcastle fact in the paper this morning. Amazing stat. It is a football obsessed city but they can be hugely destructive. Just turning up every week doesn't make you a good supporter and the Toon fans often forget that. All good with the Rafalution so far though.

D

Deleted member 16999

Tashy, great story, ha ha.

Leeds fans are totally delusional, I am sure that bloke you overheard is not alone in thinking that. The reality is that when Leeds were in the PL they had a very unpleasant, racist section of fans, (note not all Leeds fans) and no one is missing them. The PL is a far nicer place without them.

Mmmm, a team go to City, pack the midfield, play on the break, come away with a point. Job done, welcome to the new world of Man City. You have a team that can take anyone apart so why would anyone throw players forward against you? We used the template of how to play a top team on their own ground and come away with something. Yes, we were lucky but you need to ride your luck sometimes. We don't play like that every week, that caller was a very silly boy. Koeman adapts his team to play the team in front of him and when you play a free flowing team like City you need to stifle their flow, makes sense to me.

I saw the Newcastle fact in the paper this morning. Amazing stat. It is a football obsessed city but they can be hugely destructive. Just turning up every week doesn't make you a good supporter and the Toon fans often forget that. All good with the Rafalution so far though.

Don't get carried away with the fantastic Newcastle support, they compete against no one for supporters, look at every other Club and they share a population and if it's not Football it's Rugby.

D

Deleted member 16999

Im sorry, but he's a blue. Never mind who they "declare" they support. Maybe he could put to one-side who he supported.

So he can put his loyalty aside, but tonights Ref gets stick before the match! :rofl:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't get carried away with the fantastic Newcastle support, they compete against no one for supporters, look at every other Club and they share a population and if it's not Football it's Rugby.

Never have done Paul. I think the "terrific fans" thing is a myth. They turn up, correct no other sport to follow, and they tear their own team to pieces. I've seen many home players targetted and picked on until they crack. I've been to many football matches, my dad used to be a scout, and I've never seen any fans look to demolish their own in the same way Newcastle fans do.

Having a great support is not a numbers game, it is about how you act. Crystal Palace are a great example of this, terrific home support.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So he can put his loyalty aside, but tonights Ref gets stick before the match! :rofl:

Yes, cos not everyone is the same.

Do you think its right that a manc or a wirralite refs this match? Although weirdly enough the FA have allowed it twice in one way, but none in the other.....

D

Deleted member 16999

Yes, cos not everyone is the same.

Do you think its right that a manc or a wirralite refs this match? Although weirdly enough the FA have allowed it twice in one way, but none in the other.....
I don't have an issue with it, they are professionals, not 13yr old boys.
Judge him afterwards, not before.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
All a bit cagey so far and not many chances. Interesting tactical battle and I wonder if Jose wants to draw Liverpool out in the second half? Think it has been refereed very sensibly so far

Working well for Mourinho and Utd so far. Sturridge hardly had a touch. Lallana should come on for him 2nd half.

D

Deleted member 15344

Bus was parked to gain a draw and two outstanding saves from De Gea got them the point -

Neville shouldn't be able to commentate on Man Utd matches - beyond bias - did Herrera get the Motm for chasing Coutinho around ?! De Gea should have been motm for those two saves alone

Does it say a lot that UTD turned up looking for a draw - £149mil spent and just didn't look threatening.

Not much really to say on the game - happy where we are right now at this stage of the season

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.