And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
There's no doubt they're working harder but it's a myth that we do it for 90mins. In the majority of games I'd say we will have more possession which will be less intense running.

Playing good football doesn't gaurantee success as Arsenal have proved in recent years.

You have more possession because of the intense running IMO.

I think it will take its toll on the players over the course of the season which is why I don't think you can finish top 4.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well it looks like our new manager knows what he's doing all of a sudden.
Who can we skin for 30m next summer.

He's winning me round slowly but surely. Still not a fan of the system per se, particularly not in comparison to the way we played last season, but if it carries on getting results then good on him.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
He's winning me round slowly but surely. Still not a fan of the system per se, particularly not in comparison to the way we played last season, but if it carries on getting results then good on him.

I think he's slowly realising what the players are good at too. Noticeably more pressing in the last few games.

Granted Not as much as last year, also a little more direct which I quite like. Not just long balls, but set the ball through to full backs, less 2 yard passes around an opponents box.

Not convinced on redmond yet, but he seems to like him.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

I think it will take its toll on the players over the course of the season which is why I don't think you can finish top 4.

If they have possession for 70% of the game, how can they get to tired overly exerting themselves for 20 mins a game?

Last season son was a culture shock for em and fatigue did hit em, but a full Klopp preseason will have increased their fitness. Plus, saints have been high press for the last few years so half their team can handle it already :D

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
No matter how frustrated you are always remember your life is so much better than that of a Sunderland fan 

Suddenly a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders, cheers Lord T. What's your thoughts on Mr Moyes saying you are in a relegation battle.

D

Deleted member 1740

Only time will tell if your right but we are a lot fitter this stage Of The season compared to this time last season.

Everybody will get injuries that's part and parcel of football, if were lucky enough to have fewer injuries than everybody else then great, if not we'll deal with it.

We'll get more recovery time between games than Arsenal City and spurs.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Must be ok as he supports Altringham :thup:
And when he goes the chippy he'll prob be served by a United fan, goes the pub, the barman will be a Stretford-ender........He shouldnt be put in that position.

Lets face it if he gives us a major decision Mourinho will say, that he has tried to look too neutral, if he gives it to them we will say are you surprised, he lives in greater Manchester.

As everyone says "with refs we just want consistency", well thats gone out of the window for the ref's bosses. Mike Dean - no Liverpool/Everton games ever (and rightfully so). Even if you dont support that team, you still live in the area.

I think hes a crap ref anyway, and finding out he lives in Manchester just fills me with dread. I just hope that whoever wins, its down to their players and not the ref's decision.Totally wrong and the FA should have had a word with the refs.:thup:

Last edited:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I thought all Man Utd fans lived in the south of England and the Far East so surely there's no issue with a ref that lives in Manchester taking charge of one of their games. :)

D

Deleted member 1740

And when he goes the chippy he'll prob be served by a United fan, goes the pub, the barman will be a Stretford-ender........He shouldnt be put in that position.

Lets face it if he gives us a major decision Mourinho will say, that he has tried to look too neutral, if he gives it to them we will say are you surprised, he lives in greater Manchester.

As everyone says "with refs we just want consistency", well thats gone out of the window for the ref's bosses. Mike Dean - no Liverpool/Everton games ever (and rightfully so). Even if you dont support that team, you still live in the area.

I think hes a crap ref anyway, and finding out he lives in Manchester just fills me with dread. I just hope that whoever wins, its down to their players and not the ref's decision.Totally wrong and the FA should have had a word with the refs.:thup:

Spot on though Mike Dean Is from the wirral and lives in north wales and can't ref us though Mike Jones from Chester can.

D

Deleted member 1740

Mike Jones is a blue though.They must have a County road in Criccieth, as well.

He's not he supports Chester, and Dean supports Tranmere.

Just seen the City game on New Years Day has been brought forward to 530pm ko on New Years Eve to suit sky with no concern for supporters at all.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Just seen the City game on New Years Day has been brought forward to 530pm ko on New Years Eve to suit sky with no concern for supporters at all.

Believe me, he's a blue.:thup:

I seen a list last week of who the premiership refs "say" they support. Hardly any of them had down a premiership side, makes you wonder if they dont want to miss out on some big games so say semi-pro and lower league teams.

D

Deleted member 1740

I seen a list last week of who the premiership refs "say" they support. Hardly any of them had down a premiership side, makes you wonder if they dont want to miss out on some big games so say semi-pro and lower league teams.

Where's your evidence?? :whistle: :rofl:

D

Deleted member 16999

He's ref'd Everton games, including v Chelsea when he allowed Terry's equaliser to stand, he's not a blue.

http://www.express.co.uk/pictures/galleries/5808/Premier-League-referees-teams-support-sportgalleries

Last edited by a moderator:

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

There were no games planned for New Year's Day as its a Sunday full fixtures Saturday NYE and bank holiday Monday.
Wondered who the lucky ones were getting the Saturday evening slot on NYE.
Bet the old bill are impressed too!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Suddenly a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders, cheers Lord T. What's your thoughts on Mr Moyes saying you are in a relegation battle.

Tashy, I'm actually an Everton fan, thank you for the point by the way, but as I live in the NE I am very aware of all things NE football. Sunderland are in a dire position and I think this is the year they go down. They have been poor for a number of years, no progress at all as far as I can see so frankly the league would be better off without them. Both Bournemouth and Watford have made more progress in 1 year than Sunderland have in 4 so I have no sympathy for them.

I think Moyes can rebuild them, they will need to do a Newcastle and go down a year though, but I thought his comments were poor. What message do you send to your players when you come out with that straight away. Their instant mindset is we are not good enough. Poor psychology for me, even though it was the truth. I would not be at all surprised to see Allardyce back there by Christmas.

Incidentally, back to your original point, listening to Talksport is bad for your health. Their whole remit is to annoy and irritate, to wind you up. There have some good presenters who play it straight, H & J stand out for me, but most of the others prod you to make you angry. They have a lot of sport on so they draw you in but it is bad for your blood pressure to listen to them too much. Enjoy watching City, forget them. You are seeing some of the best football ever seen in this country, lap it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.