And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I will accept that you have no genuine response as you have resorted to insults.

It was a serious question as you mentioned fan behaviour as one of the reasons for not supporting other clubs. I wasn't trying to stitch you up but it seems very hypocritical to not support other clubs for that reason when a minority of Chelsea fans behave the same way. Why is it that you accept that you have a "cretinous element" but you can still support your team but other clubs having that same "cretinous element" means that you can't support them?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
What I don't get is those who support England Rugby, Cricket, Hockey, Tiddlywinks etc but don't support the football team...why?
And don't come back with " Its my choice" that's like saying "You're wrong, because you are".
If you can support the National team in one sport, why not another one.....?

Because most of the players in the footy team are morally bankrupt and thoroughly reprehensible?

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just looked at the weekends fixtures. Can see wins for chelsea, arsenal, spurs and city. Potentially be a vbad week for whoever loses ground on monday.

Potentially a very sore head on tuesday however it ends up

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
BiM, how about if Man Utd were playing Bayern Munich in the CL final with Chelsea having finished 4th in the league. The PL would lose their 4th CL place if Man Utd didn't win the final due to the coefficient. Would you rather Chelsea missed out on CL football the following year and have Bayern win the final or have Man Utd win so Chelsea qualified the following year?

This can't happen as the current season's results don't directly influence the following season, it's factored in the season after next.

D

Deleted member 16999

Just looked at the weekends fixtures. Can see wins for chelsea, arsenal, spurs and city. Potentially be a vbad week for whoever loses ground on monday.

Potentially a very sore head on tuesday however it ends up

2 out of 4 mate, not bad😃

D

Deleted member 16999

Very happy with a point at City, Steklenburg saves 2 penalties and pulls off a couple of worldies, please for him after the stick he took midweek for Holland.
City dominated and will be feeling that's 2 points dropped.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Very happy with a point at City, Steklenburg saves 2 penalties and pulls off a couple of worldies, please for him after the stick he took midweek for Holland.
City dominated and will be feeling that's 2 points dropped.

Yes so you should be that was a great point.

Arsenal win again , Spurs draw and Leicester lose to Chelsea ;-)

Just hope Liverpool beat Utd on Monday to cap a great weekend for Arsenal. :))

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thought someone once said on here the tables don't count until 10 games have been played. On the plus side they'd have to win by a three goal margin to go top on GD

I thought the top 4 would be the 2 Manchester and North London teams in no particular order.

After 8 games I haven't changed my mind , obviously there's a long way to go still.

D

Deleted member 16999

I thought the top 4 would be the 2 Manchester and North London teams in no particular order.

After 8 games I haven't changed my mind , obviously there's a long way to go still.

Unfortunately the team playing the best football after City is LPool, what have you seen in the 3 apart from City that makes you think they'll finish above LPool going on the 8 games so far?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Thought City played really well today, for the first time Silva, De Bruyne and Gundowan or however you spell his name played in the middle of the park and the just purred. Everton were defensively well organised.
Loved listening to that Younited muppet on talk sport saying that Guardiola has now been found out. not by Maureen he wasn't. Looks like being a good season for the premier league.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unfortunately the team playing the best football after City is LPool, what have you seen in the 3 apart from City that makes you think they'll finish above LPool going on the 8 games so far?

Arsenal and Spurs will stay the distance, they did last year and they strengthened where they needed to in the Summer.

Mourinho is work in progress at Utd and they have sufficient quality in their squad to make top 4

Liverpool are working harder than any team I know and I don't think they will be able to sustain that for the 38 games. Not having Europe will help a bit but I think if they lose 1-2 important players they will suffer a bit.

Conte will need a season to sort out Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.