And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 16999

Arsenal and Spurs will stay the distance, they did last year and they strengthened where they needed to in the Summer.

Mourinho is work in progress at Utd and they have sufficient quality in their squad to make top 4

Liverpool are working harder than any team I know and I don't think they will be able to sustain that for the 38 games. Not having Europe will help a bit but I think if they lose 1-2 important players they will suffer a bit.

Conte will need a season to sort out Chelsea.

Seeing as how LPool coped with both you and Spuds and that was before they hit form, I'd be careful writing them off, hope you're right, but after 8 games they are City's main rivals imo (it hurts to type that :confused:)

D

Deleted member 1740

Arsenal and Spurs will stay the distance, they did last year and they strengthened where they needed to in the Summer.

Mourinho is work in progress at Utd and they have sufficient quality in their squad to make top 4

Liverpool are working harder than any team I know and I don't think they will be able to sustain that for the 38 games
. Not having Europe will help a bit but I think if they lose 1-2 important players they will suffer a bit.

Conte will need a season to sort out Chelsea.

There's no doubt they're working harder but it's a myth that we do it for 90mins. In the majority of games I'd say we will have more possession which will be less intense running.

Playing good football doesn't gaurantee success as Arsenal have proved in recent years.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One for Tashy and other City fans. Who takes your next penalty? Genuine question. Aguero is not that reliable, De Bruyne fluffed his chance. Do you have another taker who may now be given a chance? Maybe not one of the flash boys but a Baines or Milner who just keep putting them away. Strong wrists by Steklenbergs but they were a lovely height for him. Neither were good penalties.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
One for Tashy and other City fans. Who takes your next penalty? Genuine question. Aguero is not that reliable, De Bruyne fluffed his chance. Do you have another taker who may now be given a chance? Maybe not one of the flash boys but a Baines or Milner who just keep putting them away. Strong wrists by Steklenbergs but they were a lovely height for him. Neither were good penalties.

Yaya was always pretty reliable.....

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Its gotta be Aguero, he was getting slated before yesterday's game for missing one for the argues mid week. Bearing in mind Agueros missed five this season. Pep is massive on ironing out small irritations and penalty a would fit in that category. Think Aguero will hit 200 pens in training this week.
proper wound me up listening to talk sport yesterday, two weeks ago it was our keeper who was under pressure. Yesterday he was fantastic. Nowt was said though, Sterling was ripped to bits last year, he is transformed under Pep. Nowt was said though yesterday, he now cannot get in the England team. Stones was outstanding again yesterday. But pundits said he struggled against Lukaku a beast of a player. What game where that watching. Watching city this year is fantastic as a fan and neutral. But for some it's not enough. pep don't have a plan B, eh. Wingers were switched, Kompany played up front. Pundits who have not got a clue what goes on in Peps head question a manager who is at the top of the league. After five games a reporter asked if it was possible that City could win all four trophies he's was heard to say "FFS". Two games later after being asked that question City are now in a slump. Frustrating to hear all this Rammel as a city fan. :rant:

D

Deleted member 1740

First excuse in:whoo:

No excuse just surprised that a Manchester based ref is reffing arguably the biggest game in English football. I wouldn't question the integrity of any referee's as I think it's unfair.

The media will have a field day and I'm surprised it's been allowed to happen especially what happened last season with Kevin Friend who was removed from officiating the Spurs game because he's a Leicester fan.

We had it the other year aswell when we played City away and Lee Mason Was the ref.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No excuse just surprised that a Manchester based ref is reffing arguably the biggest game in English football. I wouldn't question the integrity of any referee's as I think it's unfair.

The media will have a field day and I'm surprised it's been allowed to happen especially what happened last season with Kevin Friend who was removed from officiating the Spurs game because he's a Leicester fan.

We had it the other year aswell when we played City away and Lee Mason Was the ref.

Must be ok as he supports Altringham :thup:

Status
Not open for further replies.