And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think that the biggest thing to come out of the game tonight was that if you are a Man City, Arsenal or Tottenham fan then you shouldn't be too worried about your place in the top 4 at the end of the season. On tonight's performance there is no way that both Man Utd and Liverpool will both finish in the top 4 this season. One of them possibly. Both of them no chance. And I'd be happy to have a small wager in aid of next year's H4H if anyone thinks I'm talking rubbish and disagrees with me and thinks that they both will.

D

Deleted member 16999

What a load of rubbish, Sturridge was awful, Llanana did more in his first 2 minutes than Sturridge did in 60.
Bad miss by Zlatan, great saves by De Gea.
93 minutes I'll never get back.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wasn't unable to watch the game as I play footy on a Monday.
I'll read all the reports later, but I'd like to know whether the ref had a good game or not.
Any comments on him?

D

Deleted member 16999

Excellent interview from Klippetty, very honest and obviously frustrated.

D

Deleted member 16999

I wasn't unable to watch the game as I play footy on a Monday.
I'll read all the reports later, but I'd like to know whether the ref had a good game or not.
Any comments on him?

Best comment is that there are no comments, very well controlled and no contentious decisions.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes he had an excellent game IMO.

No major problems but wouldn't say excellent

Allowed too many bookable fouls go earlier on and the game was getting very testy - Herrera should have gone in the book , so should have Henderson , could there have been a penalty for the shirt tugging on Can and then the challenge from Pogba on Milner ? Maybe - allowed too much shouting and screaming from certain players

Wasn't the worst performance but certainly not "excellent"

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I think that the biggest thing to come out of the game tonight was that if you are a Man City, Arsenal or Tottenham fan then you shouldn't be too worried about your place in the top 4 at the end of the season. On tonight's performance there is no way that both Man Utd and Liverpool will both finish in the top 4 this season. One of them possibly. Both of them no chance. And I'd be happy to have a small wager in aid of next year's H4H if anyone thinks I'm talking rubbish and disagrees with me and thinks that they both will.

Looks like theres no takers on that one Mr ColchesterFC 😂

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
No major problems but wouldn't say excellent

Allowed too many bookable fouls go earlier on and the game was getting very testy - Herrera should have gone in the book , so should have Henderson , could there have been a penalty for the shirt tugging on Can and then the challenge from Pogba on Milner ? Maybe - allowed too much shouting and screaming from certain players

Wasn't the worst performance but certainly not "excellent"

Good grief what a load of tripe! The ref played advantage for United on the Pogba and Milner coming together, not a single Liverpool player appealed. The 'shirt pull' hasnt warranted a single replay in a game where Sky are gagging on things to cling onto to try and hype the game.

If anything he overcompensated and booked a couple of United players in the first half and then wasnt consistent with Lpool players (like you say about Henderson).

I thought he did well, but nothing really to do tbh.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looks like theres no takers on that one Mr ColchesterFC 

That's because all Man Utd and Liverpool fans are total pussies and are too scared to take the bet. :)

Or possibly that Liverpool fans realise that Man Utd are rubbish and will never finish in the top 4, Man Utd fans realise that Liverpool are rubbish and will never finish in the top 4, both sets of fans realise they are equally rubbish and won't both finish in the top 4 or both sets of fans hate the other so much that they could never bet on the other finishing in the top 4.

D

Deleted member 15344

That's because all Man Utd and Liverpool fans are total pussies and are too scared to take the bet. :)

Or possibly that Liverpool fans realise that Man Utd are rubbish and will never finish in the top 4, Man Utd fans realise that Liverpool are rubbish and will never finish in the top 4, both sets of fans realise they are equally rubbish and won't both finish in the top 4 or both sets of fans hate the other so much that they could never bet on the other finishing in the top 4.

Or it's just one game early in the season and its far too early to be making any bold judgements or claims just yet

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I probably agree that both wont, but why are we judging any team on 1 performance? Daft? So by rights if you judge Arsenal (in 2nd place and finished second last season) on their performance against Liverpool - they have no chance.

League position is based on 38 results, not one performance.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm sorry but the ref was crap.

Talk about stifling a game by giving fouls (to the defensive team) when ever it got close to the box.

Also for a ref who is normally card happy in games I've seen him in allowed Herrera and Ibrahimovic virtually unlimited fouls, then booked Bailly for nothing and his first foul. I think he stopped any flow to the game and played everything safe.

He also asked Milner to leave the pitch after a head injury, he had let the ball be put out for a throw in then started the game with a free kick to United. How can Can have the ball in the box for 3-4 seconds in a scoring position and his shirt be pulled so obviously - yeah great reffing.

Poor game, I was surprised Man U only had 35% possession, as it felt like more at the match,, and thought they played well 1st half, without threatening too much. Glad to have a clean sheet for a change.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1740

No matter how good or bad yerniteds tactics were, I'm annoyed that we got into the battle of long balls etc and not keep the ball on the floor. 2nd half was better but still not good enough, it's games like this we lack quality experience in the middle of the park.

I can't remember seeing a yernited back 6 at anfield neither.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So he can put his loyalty aside, but tonights Ref gets stick before the match! :rofl:

OK, is it beyond the realms of possibility that if he had given Liverpool a controversial goal, that he could fear for his safety in Manchester tomorrow?

Shouldn't the FA have a duty of care?

We'd never hear the last of it if a Liverpool supporting ref, reffed Everton and made a bad decision. They shouldnt be put in that posittion.

D

Deleted member 16999

OK, is it beyond the realms of possibility that if he had given Liverpool a controversial goal, that he could fear for his safety in Manchester tomorrow?

Shouldn't the FA have a duty of care?

We'd never hear the last of it if a Liverpool supporting ref, reffed Everton and made a bad decision. They shouldnt be put in that posittion.
Can't believe your faulting his performance tonight, totally grey man, sounds more like your frustrations with your performance than the Refs.

Every game ever fans will see decisions differently, no players apart from Young (rightly booked) got in his face and if Can had scored I'm sure you'd be posting that the Ref should've blown before he kicked it past De Gea and given the penalty

We can spend all night inventing scenarios that never might happen and as for Everton fans going on about decisions, who mentioned the beach ball at Sunderland and blamed the "blue" ref :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.