And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
8 games gone, 7th in the League and 5 points off top, not bad for poor team,
I'll be over the moon if we do the same at Anfield, very few teams will get anything at Anfield this season.

:thup:

Its still very early in the season remember this time last year Sity ribbons were already tied to the trophy

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Historically I would have taken a point at the start, however after the game I feel 2 points dropped. Utd played it well in the first half, and we didn't. Sturridge is just becoming more and more the lone sulk. He looks off the pace, disinterested and not team centred. I just hope the cramps appearing towards the end are not followed by strains or damage after their global travelling.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Very poor game as has been mentioned however this morning you would rather be in Utd shoes.

I couldn't believe how slow Liverpool were out the blocks I really did expect a high tempo high pressing first 20 mins but they just couldn't get the ball.

I also believe[a lot of believing going on] that Klopp is killing his players asking week in week out to play the high tempo pressing game,his players were dropping like flies at the end.

I think we missed a trick leaving Zlatan on so long I would have liked Rashford to have gone up top and Lingard or Young running at Milner,Rashford looked lost out wide.

Also not great for Liverpool or England as Sturridge and Henderson put in 2 of the worst performances ive seen in a long time,how the hell Henderson can be captain is a joke he is not a tenth of a Stevie G.

Top 4 for Utd no problem but Liverpool not a hope in hell they will be shot and shattered.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
No matter how good or bad yerniteds tactics were, I'm annoyed that we got into the battle of long balls etc and not keep the ball on the floor. 2nd half was better but still not good enough, it's games like this we lack quality experience in the middle of the park.

I can't remember seeing a yernited back 6 at anfield neither.

Stu how do you rate Henderson?
To me last night every pass he made was either square or backwards

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm surprised Origi didnt come on sooner as opposed to 5 minutes from the end. They were lording the Man U performance this morning on the radio.... first team this season to take points off Liverpool at home etc etc. it doesn't sit well with me celebrating a draw. What did you think of Pogba ? I wanted him to be what De Bruyn is for Citeh, but so far this season I have been very disappointed. Despite the cross for Ibrahimovic's miss he didn't create much at all.

Pogba - I thought he was ok, but whenever he got the ball we got to him quick, which is the key.

If you give him space, let him turn he will give you trouble.I don't think his first touch is the best, but give him open spaces and he will hurt sides, or a big pitch (OT is one of the biggest, so will suit him).

I actually think he could be the problem from a shape point of view, ala Beardsley, Barmby, Barkley, Rooney (currently). A great footballer, if you can fit him into a position in the team, but can be a problem if you cant, in the overall picture. Find his niche and he could be a great buy, though and I'm not writing him off as could be a beast for you in the coming seasons.

Rooney is a good example of this - he's been a great buy for 10 years, or however long it was, but latterly as he has lost speed, now a problem for your team structure.

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
PJ - I bet their fans went away better entertained though and probably will feel the same over the course of the year. I'd rather watch City get a point playing how they did than Utd do a good copy of West Brom. It is an entertainment business after all. Utd fans in the past would have ripped other fans if their team had performed the way they did last night.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very poor game as has been mentioned however this morning you would rather be in Utd shoes.

I couldn't believe how slow Liverpool were out the blocks I really did expect a high tempo high pressing first 20 mins but they just couldn't get the ball.

I also believe[a lot of believing going on] that Klopp is killing his players asking week in week out to play the high tempo pressing game,his players were dropping like flies at the end.

I think we missed a trick leaving Zlatan on so long I would have liked Rashford to have gone up top and Lingard or Young running at Milner,Rashford looked lost out wide.

Also not great for Liverpool or England as Sturridge and Henderson put in 2 of the worst performances ive seen in a long time,how the hell Henderson can be captain is a joke he is not a tenth of a Stevie G.

Top 4 for Utd no problem but Liverpool not a hope in hell they will be shot and shattered.

Dropping like flies? Firmino and Coutinho had cramp, which was caused no end by the international break. Smalling also had cramp, whats his excuse?

D

Deleted member 15344

Dropping like flies? Firmino and Coutinho had cramp, which was caused no end by the international break. Smalling also had cramp, whats his excuse?

Henderson must have been struggling with the weight of Pogba in his pocket as well ;)

Last night we didn't play very well yet Mancs offered not much threat to be honest. A lot of money was spent and doesn't seem to be much difference than last year. 9 men behind the ball looking for a point - it's not what you expect from Utd but i guess it's what you expect from Maureen.

Will be surprised if they get top 4 this year

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
PJ - I bet their fans went away better entertained though and probably will feel the same over the course of the year. I'd rather watch City get a point playing how they did than Utd do a good copy of West Brom. It is an entertainment business after all. Utd fans in the past would have ripped other fans if their team had performed the way they did last night.

Its not an entertainment business it is a results business.

I do agree though but its not just Utd fans in the past,we were poor last night along with Liverpool but not losing was as important.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Are those 3 reasons in priority order?
It's showing more and more your frustration at your own team, 99% of the time on here you're answers are honest, looks like last night is the 1% exception, nobody else saw the refs performance like you, Coutinho threw himself about a few times, Can gave as good as he got, but no mention of them,
To have the old sly dig about people needing journo's and pundits opinions is beneath you,
Maybe watching on the TV isn't as good as being there, but you do get to see things 3 or 4 times and from different angles.
Bad performance from you's, get over it, you won't see many like that.

On thr Ref, no issue were he lives said that on here over the weekend.

No they are just the 3 main reasons I think contributed to a poor game.

The pundits/journoes remark is sadly true for the majority of football fans who just regurgitate what they listen/read, not aimed at anyone, but more a generalisation.

Yes, I was frustrated but even the next day, I still have the same views, and I will still call it honestly, but always with a red "bent".

That is what happens when you go the match, you get caught up in the emotion of the game, and still for hours and even days afterwards. people commenting from their SKY-vory towers might have every angle and opinion shoved down their throat, but seeing a ref/player in the flesh, incorporating the ebb and flow of football, decisions, atmosphere, strong tackles in the same environment that you are in as well as the officials and players. Ok, you may go home and that "no way was he offside" is 5 yards offside, never touched him(went right through him) can change your mind, but that ref kept a lid on that game.

Haven't we all had them refs who give you 20 fouls on the half way line, but the oppos 20 around your box. The stats just say 20 fouls each, but we all know there is a world of difference.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Henderson must have been struggling with the weight of Pogba in his pocket as well ;)

Last night we didn't play very well yet Mancs offered not much threat to be honest. A lot of money was spent and doesn't seem to be much difference than last year. 9 men behind the ball looking for a point - it's not what you expect from Utd but i guess it's what you expect from Maureen.

Troll alert

Theres no doubt your on the wind up Phil

D

Deleted member 15344

Troll alert

Sorry but what exactly is getting you so wound up then in my post ?

Have i missed something in last nights game then or indeed any game so far that point to Mancs getting a top 4 slot and not Liverpool as you suggest ?

You slated both Henderson and Sturridge from last night so you can remind us exactly what impact Pogba and Ibrahimovic had last night ?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

Troll alert

Have i missed something in last nights game then or indeed any game so far that point to Mancs getting a top 4 slot and not Liverpool as you suggest ?

You slated both Henderson and Sturridge from last night so you can remind us exactly what impact Pogba and Ibrahimovic had last night ?

I am certainly not wound up but you are definitely on the wind up.

Do you seriously believe Henderson had Pogba in his pocket?

Do you seriously believe Utd are worse now than they were under LVG

A lot of money has been spent because Utd are a massive club that attracts the best players and the best players cost a lot of money and its not my money so I don't give a hoot how much they cost.

Pogba and Zlatan were poor but Pogba will no doubt get a lot better.

D

Deleted member 15344

I am certainly not wound up but you are definitely on the wind up.

Do you seriously believe Henderson had Pogba in his pocket?

Do you seriously believe Utd are worse now than they were under LVG

A lot of money has been spent because Utd are a massive club that attracts the best players and the best players cost a lot of money and its not my money so I don't give a hoot how much they cost.

Pogba and Zlatan were poor but Pogba will no doubt get a lot better.

Pogba offered nothing last night and yes believe Henderson marshalled him very well

I didn't say that Man Utd are worse now than under LVG - I said there doesn't seem to be much difference despite a big spend on players in the summer

And yes I believe right now we are in a better position to get into the top 4

So why is saying that me being a troll or on a wind up ?! It's just an opinion

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pogba offered nothing last night and yes believe Henderson marshalled him very well

I didn't say that Man Utd are worse now than under LVG - I said there doesn't seem to be much difference despite a big spend on players in the summer

And yes I believe right now we are in a better position to get into the top 4

So why is saying that me being a troll or on a wind up ?! It's just an opinion

:thup:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Parking the bus comments are pathetic. As a Man Utd fan I've seen a multitude of teams "parking the bus" against us even when they are at home yet we have beat them consistently for most of my life.

If the so called "best attacking team of the season so far" as I've seen many claim have to rely on a couple of long range efforts to have a chance at scoring, then perhaps the issues lie with that team and not the team away from home, still finding their best formation and players with a manager still learning the team.

The match wasn't great for the spectator but as someone has said above, it's a results business NOT ENTERTAINMENT. That's just a desirable addition!

Both teams were poor going forward, both were good at shutting down the opposite and nullifying some good attacking players. Sometimes defensive outplays attack. It happened last night.

So let's not all cry collectively about how "football is ruined", the league is so poor blah blah blah. The two teams didn't decide to call it "Red Monday", Sky did. Whinge about them overhyping it. The two managers had a job to do and neither will lose any sleep over a 0-0 draw against the old enemy at this stage of the year.

D

Deleted member 16999

Twice you've mentioned the cost of Utd players (£149 Mil quoted I believe) Zlatan was on a free and looked better than Sturridge and Mane, how much did they cost, find it hilarious when people talk about other big teams spending, How much has Klopp spent?

Status
Not open for further replies.