And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
It reminded me of a game at the Emirates from a couple of years ago when Maureen took his Chelski team there, admittedly as champions and stunk the place out, it was the game where he got upset by the crowd singing boring boring Chelsea, he used the same anti tactics last night.

D

Deleted member 16999

No they are just the 3 main reasons I think contributed to a poor game.

The pundits/journoes remark is sadly true for the majority of football fans who just regurgitate what they listen/read, not aimed at anyone, but more a generalisation.

Yes, I was frustrated but even the next day, I still have the same views, and I will still call it honestly, but always with a red "bent".

That is what happens when you go the match, you get caught up in the emotion of the game, and still for hours and even days afterwards. people commenting from their SKY-vory towers might have every angle and opinion shoved down their throat, but seeing a ref/player in the flesh, incorporating the ebb and flow of football, decisions, atmosphere, strong tackles in the same environment that you are in as well as the officials and players. Ok, you may go home and that "no way was he offside" is 5 yards offside, never touched him(went right through him) can change your mind, but that ref kept a lid on that game.

Haven't we all had them refs who give you 20 fouls on the half way line, but the oppos 20 around your box. The stats just say 20 fouls each, but we all know there is a world of difference.
So no neutral should watch a match on Sky without commenting on it because they weren't there and we have no opinion for ourselves we just listen to the biased pundits..........and you call us bitter!

Over 45 years of going to matches (more than some, less than others) imo opinion gives me the knowledge to watch a match on TV and comment in a fair and unbiased manner.

D

Deleted member 16999

Parking the bus comments are pathetic. As a Man Utd fan I've seen a multitude of teams "parking the bus" against us even when they are at home yet we have beat them consistently for most of my life.

If the so called "best attacking team of the season so far" as I've seen many claim have to rely on a couple of long range efforts to have a chance at scoring, then perhaps the issues lie with that team and not the team away from home, still finding their best formation and players with a manager still learning the team.

The match wasn't great for the spectator but as someone has said above, it's a results business NOT ENTERTAINMENT. That's just a desirable addition!

Both teams were poor going forward, both were good at shutting down the opposite and nullifying some good attacking players. Sometimes defensive outplays attack. It happened last night.

So let's not all cry collectively about how "football is ruined", the league is so poor blah blah blah. The two teams didn't decide to call it "Red Monday", Sky did. Whinge about them overhyping it. The two managers had a job to do and neither will lose any sleep over a 0-0 draw against the old enemy at this stage of the year.

:thup:

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
So no neutral should watch a match on Sky without commenting on it because they weren't there and we have no opinion for ourselves we just listen to the biased pundits..........and you call us bitter!

Over 45 years of going to matches (more than some, less than others) imo opinion gives me the knowledge to watch a match on TV and comment in a fair and unbiased manner.

No offence intended but are you not an Everton fan? How can you claim to comment on a Liverpool game in an unbiased manner? Surely the whole point of supporting one team rather than another requires you to be biased?

D

Deleted member 15344

Twice you've mentioned the cost of Utd players (£149 Mil quoted I believe) Zlatan was on a free and looked better than Sturridge and Mane, how much did they cost, find it hilarious when people talk about other big teams spending, How much has Klopp spent?

Yes £149 mil was spent in the summer and how have Man Utd improved so far since then ?

Klopp has spent £65 mil with 6 players arriving and we have improved on the scores we got from the same games last season - 6 points better off ( believe we even made a £2mil profit in the transfer market this summer )

So for me our relative smaller spend is so far bearing better fruit than the larger spend of Mancs

So do you not expect a bit more for the amount of money Maureen spend instead of a team looking to just get a point

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
So do you not expect a bit more for the amount of money Maureen spend instead of a team looking to just get a point

If you're as big a football fan as you seem to be you'll know that money is no guarantee of anything and that some players take time to settle in.

You'll also know that we have now had three new managers in an incredibly short space of time at a club that is used to being steered by one captain for a quarter of a century and that it would be difficult for one new manager to have changed the style of a team, let alone one coming in after two failed attempts in three years.

So yea, basically either admit you're trolling with this constant nonsense about us spending loads this summer = we should now be the Harlem Globetrotters of football, or admit that you don't really know as much about football as you claim!

And this is said by someone who gets annoyed with how other posters pick on you!

D

Deleted member 16999

Yes £149 mil was spent in the summer and how have Man Utd improved so far since then ?

Klopp has spent £65 mil with 6 players arriving and we have improved on the scores we got from the same games last season - 6 points better off ( believe we even made a £2mil profit in the transfer market this summer )

So for me our relative smaller spend is so far bearing better fruit than the larger spend of Mancs

No I don't, You's are flying and Klopp has been there a year, Jose has had 8 games and is just starting, he went tactically and to spoil the way you play, it worked, he didn't set up to attack.

He got point at Anfield, as previously stated, I don't think many teams will. regardless of how much money they spend.

D

Deleted member 16999

No offence intended but are you not an Everton fan? How can you claim to comment on a Liverpool game in an unbiased manner? Surely the whole point of supporting one team rather than another requires you to be biased?
Because I was brought up being taken to both Everton and Liverpool as a kid, went for Everton as teenager, and genuinely believe I can watch any game objectively and give credit were credit is due, most of my posts have actually bigged up the start LPool have had to the season, sometimes people on here read the poster and not the post.

will be happy for LPool to be relegated though;)

D

Deleted member 15344

If you're as big a football fan as you seem to be you'll know that money is no guarantee of anything and that some players take time to settle in.

You'll also know that we have now had three new managers in an incredibly short space of time at a club that is used to being steered by one captain for a quarter of a century and that it would be difficult for one new manager to have changed the style of a team, let alone one coming in after two failed attempts in three years.

So yea, basically either admit you're trolling with this constant nonsense about us spending loads this summer = we should now be the Harlem Globetrotters of football, or admit that you don't really know as much about football as you claim!

And this is said by someone who gets annoyed with how other posters pick on you!

Man Utd aren't the only team to go through managerial changes - it was only a year ago we changed our manager and have had plenty managerial changes over the years , same with City - managerial change at the beginning of the year with players arriving but I bet they would look for better than a draw away from home.

I didn't say anything about "entertaining or Harlem Globtrotters" - just would not expect Man Utd or their fans to be settling for a point away at Liverpool , would not expect after getting players like Ibrahimovic and Pogba to be sitting deep with 9 men behind the ball and no threat on the counter - would expect at least a counter attack threat with pace

So yes I would expect a Man Utd team to do a hell of a lot more away at their biggest rival than what was served up last night - especially when you have people suggesting we have no chance at Top 4 and Man Utd do

But at the end of the day it's an opinion - just like others post them , it does not make it trolling or winding up

Last edited by a moderator:

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Because I was brought up being taken to both Everton and Liverpool as a kid, went for Everton as teenager, and genuinely believe I can watch any game objectively and give credit were credit is due, most of my posts have actually bigged up the start LPool have had to the season, sometimes people on here read the poster and not the post.

will be happy for LPool to be relegated though;)

Your last sentence confirming you're biased, which as a fan of their rivals you're supposed to be. :)

D

Deleted member 18588

After all the pre-match hype I felt the ref did pretty well, getting most decisions right.

He could, possibly, have clamped down sooner on or two players; Herrera and Can spring to mind and could also have reminded one or two (Coutinho and Young) that it is not necessary to go to ground seeking a free-kick each time an opponent tackles you.

Very impressed by the maturity of Rashford in adhering to the game plan and supporting his full-back (as did Young) thereby negating any threat from Milner or Clyne.

Liverpool looked so much better with the arrival of Lallana and Firminho replacing Sturridge in the centre. But, based only on last night's performance it would appear that goal-keeper remains a problem position for them. This fella seems a real Dracula and is not yet filling his defenders with confidence.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Trolling is when it is obvious you are talking rubbish or fabricating a point that is obviously not true ie Pogba was in Henderson's pocket,or Utd have not got any better under Jose as apposed to LVG.I would not say that about Liverpool because they obviously are.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
After all the pre-match hype I felt the ref did pretty well, getting most decisions right.

He could, possibly, have clamped down sooner on or two players; Herrera and Can spring to mind and could also have reminded one or two (Coutinho and Young) that it is not necessary to go to ground seeking a free-kick each time an opponent tackles you.

Very impressed by the maturity of Rashford in adhering to the game plan and supporting his full-back (as did Young) thereby negating any threat from Milner or Clyne.

Liverpool looked so much better with the arrival of Lallana and Firminho replacing Sturridge in the centre. But, based only on last night's performance it would appear that goal-keeper remains a problem position for them. This fella seems a real Dracula and is not yet filling his defenders with confidence.

See, I thought Rashford was poor. The ball seemed to bounce off him all night, his second touch was too often a tackle/foul. Yes he stuck to the game plan which showed good attitude but he's wasted out there. We needed Mata playing last night more centrally to give some sort of control in the Liverpool half.

D

Deleted member 18588

See, I thought Rashford was poor. The ball seemed to bounce off him all night, his second touch was too often a tackle/foul. Yes he stuck to the game plan which showed good attitude but he's wasted out there. We needed Mata playing last night more centrally to give some sort of control in the Liverpool half.

But then who would have countered the Liverpool full-back (just look how bad Rooney was in that role). Use of the full-backs as an attacking force has been one of Liverpool's most potent weapons this season.

With Man U's tactics last night Mata would have found the game passing him by.

Having said that I would agree that Rashford provides a much greater threat when not confined in his role but that was the plan.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

You seem to have this knack of saying people have said things when they havent.

WHERE HAVE I SAID THAT PEOPLE CANT COMMENT?

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Rubbish, should 2 players be allowed to get away with 8-9 fouls?

Herrera did some great stuff in the game, but if your allowed to make 6-7 fouls without getting booked you can be the best defensive midfielder in the world.

What is the average number of fouls allowed in the prem these days before your booked - 3? 4 if your lucky. just because Ibrahimovic is a forward also doesn't give you more leeway - same for him.

There were 3 main reasons it was a crap game. The way the ref "managed" the game, Mourinho's tactics and our poor passing (and Man u's good pressing) in the first half. Klopp also should have played Origi.

Quick one - are you as enraged that Coutinho didnt get booked like you are with Herrera?

Crap game played by 2 crap sides. Without City and Arsenal in the league there would be no world class outfield players in the Prem - what a far cry from a decade ago. No wonder Sky are hyping everything so much when they're losing viewers quicker than I lose golf balls.

D

Deleted member 16999

You seem to have this knack of saying people have said things when they havent.

WHERE HAVE I SAID THAT PEOPLE CANT COMMENT?

Probably from your constant subtle snipes about those that watch from armchairs or Sky vory towers etc, and how it's different from actually being there, it's the standard fall back position.

Status
Not open for further replies.