And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1740

Fair result in a very uninspiring game. One fantastic save, one good save and one bad miss were the total highlights.

seemed like 2 teams more scared of losing

oh, an Stu c, still to early for a opinion on krapius..? I mean
karius 😭

You're entitled to form Your Own opinion on him but I'm prepared to give him a season, he didn't do too much wrong last night, apart from a shocking pass back from lovren which he should be doing better with.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Probably from your constant subtle snipes about those that watch from armchairs or Sky vory towers etc, and how it's different from actually being there, it's the standard fall back position.

I was actually asked by someone on here last year about opinions from people who go the match and ones that dont.

I said people were entitled to their OWN opinion, and some people who hardly ever go are the most insightful. I also have some right divvies by me who are there every week, and dont have the first clue about footy, so yet again it doesnt fit with what you are saying I'm saying.

I dont mind anyone's opinion as long as its their opinion and not just a regurgitated opinion, that is trotted out without any thoughts of their own, without an ounce of dissemination. Yes, I'll argue if I disagree, but what armchair fans dont see is both sides. You are at the match and see, hear and feel things (the pitch is slippy, a bit of rain in the air, cold, windy. The atmosphere (or lack of) in real terms, not how much sky turn the volumes up or down, the tackles at pitch level, runs off the ball. Then you go home and watch it from 8 angles and sometimes see it differently.

You see everything on telly, but feel nothing! Its one dimensional, its sterile, its warm, you get beat then you turn over to Strictly or something.

You dont have that walk/drive home where your seething in the rain or elated in the sun. That 6 hour drive home from a cup final when you've been beat, or the 7 hour party that you dont want to end.

What does boil my onions is the derogatory look down from the sky season ticket holder, who says to the match-goer....well see it on the telly.....thats the reason we go so that we can shout and scream and head every ball, because its the game we still love, no matter that its harder to go and played by multi-millionaires who dont give a stuff about us.

Ok, get your corner flag cam, your ref in the studio, your bet from the couch, your stat-attack, your 89" super duper 3d slow mo, but you know what your home made Bovril will never be better than it tastes on a cold Wednesday in Oldham.

Mis-represent that?

D

Deleted member 1740

Stu how do you rate Henderson?
To me last night every pass he made was either square or backwards

I think he's decent but lacks that bit more quality, he's playing a bit deeper than he's used to and that position is a tough one to play. You can't judge him on last nights performance.

I wouldn't be too bothered if he was sold.

D

Deleted member 1740

I was actually asked by someone on here last year about opinions from people who go the match and ones that dont.

I said people were entitled to their OWN opinion, and some people who hardly ever go are the most insightful. I also have some right divvies by me who are there every week, and dont have the first clue about footy, so yet again it doesnt fit with what you are saying I'm saying.

I dont mind anyone's opinion as long as its their opinion and not just a regurgitated opinion, that is trotted out without any thoughts of their own, without an ounce of dissemination. Yes, I'll argue if I disagree, but what armchair fans dont see is both sides. You are at the match and see, hear and feel things (the pitch is slippy, a bit of rain in the air, cold, windy. The atmosphere (or lack of) in real terms, not how much sky turn the volumes up or down, the tackles at pitch level, runs off the ball. Then you go home and watch it from 8 angles and sometimes see it differently.

You see everything on telly, but feel nothing! Its one dimensional, its sterile, its warm, you get beat then you turn over to Strictly or something.

You dont have that walk/drive home where your seething in the rain or elated in the sun. That 6 hour drive home from a cup final when you've been beat, or the 7 hour party that you dont want to end.

What does boil my onions is the derogatory look down from the sky season ticket holder, who says to the match-goer....well see it on the telly.....thats the reason we go so that we can shout and scream and head every ball, because its the game we still love, no matter that its harder to go and played by multi-millionaires who dont give a stuff about us.

Ok, get your corner flag cam, your ref in the studio, your bet from the couch, your stat-attack, your 89" super duper 3d slow mo, but you know what your home made Bovril will never be better than it tastes on a cold Wednesday in Oldham.

Mis-represent that?

Great post Ped.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

Mis-represent that?

Great post Ped.

I'll second that. :thup:

D

Deleted member 16999

Mis-represent that?
Nobody has ever said watching it on the Telly is better than going or you get a better experience, I take it you've never watched a game not involving LPool, because if you have surely you fall in line with everything you posted when you do?

I mentioned last night that niether the managers or players or pundits commented on the Ref and your response was as follows;

"Unlike lots on here, I dont need journalists or pundits to make up my mind for me. I rely on original thought"

Totally ignored the fact that no one from either club mentioned it, just a comment having a dig at other posters implying we can't think for ourselves and regurgitate what we hear.

Done plenty of sh1tty nights in the cold and wet watching matches, makes no difference to forming an opinion on a game on the telly.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

Mis-represent that?

Bovril in Oldham they've gone up market I thought it was beef tea there....... ;)

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Trolls gonna troll!

Games like this sure do bring out some ridiculous comments from people.

Not sure where the trolling is? Name a genuinely world class outfilelder in the prem outside of those clubs? World class to me is top 5 in their position.

Sure, there's a handful on the level below that who are very good footballers, but I stick by my comments that the league is miles and miles behind where it was 10 years ago.

D

Deleted member 1740

Nobody has ever said watching it on the Telly is better than going or you get a better experience, I take it you've never watched a game not involving LPool, because if you have surely you fall in line with everything you posted when you do?

I mentioned last night that niether the managers or players or pundits commented on the Ref and your response was as follows;

"Unlike lots on here, I dont need journalists or pundits to make up my mind for me. I rely on original thought"

Totally ignored the fact that no one from either club mentioned it, just a comment having a dig at other posters implying we can't think for ourselves and regurgitate what we hear.

Done plenty of sh1tty nights in the cold and wet watching matches, makes no difference to forming an opinion on a game on the telly.

So just because the pundits or managers never mentioned the refs poor performance, he done well?

For the record I agree with LB, I thought he gave the easy decisions and the booking of Bailly was hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
So just because the pundits or managers never mentioned the refs poor performance, he done well?

For the record I agree with LB, I thought he gave the easy decisions and the booking of Bailly was hilarious.

Intially I thought why the Bailly booking but seeing the replay it was a correct decision IMO but then to let Henderson off for the same thing was a bit inconsistant

D

Deleted member 1740

Intially I thought why the Bailly booking but seeing the replay it was a correct decision IMO but then to let Henderson off for the same thing was a bit inconsistant

I've not seen it back yet but it looked like it was one of those where he'd let quite a few tackles go but he needed to make sure everybody knew he was in control so the next foul was going to be a booking.

Rashford looked great as a RB :whistle:

D

Deleted member 16999

No Stu, wrong context mate, the point I was trying to make was Pete ignored the 2 clubs saying nothing, zero'd in on journos and pundits and made the comment about people on here not being able to think for themselves.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Oi, I took me home made Bovril to the City game on Saturday for the first time ever in my special flask which fits snugly in me coat so I can smuggle it into the game. I can confirm that it tastes just as nice as Oldham's..

That kind of slander deserves an infraction.
:whoo:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Many years ago, in my student days at Newcastle, I used to go to their home matches. One Boxing Day they were away at Oldham so I made the short journey from my mums to Boundary Park. Just to date this John Burridge was in goal and Oldham played on one of the original astroturf pitches. Anyway, Boxing Day, the away fans were behind the goal with no stand to protect them from the wind coming off the hills. No question the coldest I have ever been at a football match. Perishing. Just to finish it off Oldham won 1-0 with a deflected goal that spun past Burridge in a way that couldn't happen on grass in football but occasionally catches out a fielder in cricket. I would have loved a Bovril but I think I was too cold to move and walk to the van selling it in the corner. Never been back.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No Stu, wrong context mate, the point I was trying to make was Pete ignored the 2 clubs saying nothing, zero'd in on journos and pundits and made the comment about people on here not being able to think for themselves.

I tell you what paul, don't quote me ever again - as you keep saying things I haven't said.

I have said SOME, and I don't just mean it on here, but in all walks of life.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Name a genuinely world class outfilelder in the prem outside of those clubs?

In my eyes, Pogba, Mkhitaryan and Ibrahimovic definitely fit the bill at Man Utd with Mata very close.

Countinho would be viewed as such by many though I'd disagree.

At Spurs I'd say Alderweireld definitely and Vertonghen is damn close if not already. They're arguably the best CB pairing in world football for me. I think Harry Kane is very close, but he does have these "cold" spells and then scores for fun. More consistency and I'd say he's up there.

Chelsea have Hazard, Matic and Costa which for me walk into every squad in the world, too. Kante obviously needs time to prove it's not a flash in the pan but I feel he has what it takes, too.

Mahrez is another debateable one at Leicester.

And I know it doesn't fit your criteria but the standard of keeper isn't to be sniffed at - De Gea, Lloris and Courtois are arguably the three best in the world and there aren't many teams who wouldn't want a player of Cech's calibre.

All just my opinion I suppose but they're all top quality players.

Status
Not open for further replies.