an update on Baldrick

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
as some of may know poor Baldrick's spleen burst last week as he had a tumor. he had been recovering well and when it was removed there were no other signs tumors visible.

We had the lab results result back today, its not good news Haemangiosarcoma, 2 months without chemo up to 6 months with it.

that was a bit of a kick in the balls!!

Last edited:

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We are in a similar state.
Sally our 10 year old greyhound rescue has been diagnosed with pancreatitis which is treatable withndiet changes
but the vets think she may also have a problem with lymph glands in her thighs.
A real bummer when you are animal lovers.
What ever you decide Baldrick obviously has loving owners.

Test results on Monday.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
So sorry to hear that. Sometimes though they defy the odds. Max had a lump removed from his mouth and the lab results were as bad as they get - vet was very downbeat about them. Surgery to remove half his bottom jaw was the only option but we couldn't put him through that. The type of cancer wouldn't spread but would quickly grow within his jaw and make life very painful and difficult for him. Months later the vet checked it and said "you lucky, lucky boy".

Keep hoping and keep loving that boy...

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i have made the decision a couple of times when given bad news by the vet and always thought about the dog and not my feelings,why put the poor thing through pain and suffering,constant drugs and visit to the vets isnt what the dog needs,its a hard choice but i have always chosen to have them put to sleep and buried in my garden with a plant and memento on top ,i can sit and memeber them as they were scampering around and being happy,good luck my friend in your choice.

D

Deleted member 16999

Poor Baldrick, whatever dificult decision you come to, it will be the right one.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Really dont know what to say.

We had the same decision as you did, but over a longer time period.

Ours did chaemo for 2-3 months,but he took a massive downturn one day, then we had to let go.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Poor Baldrick, whatever dificult decision you come to, it will be the right one.

Was thinking what words to say and having made a difficult but right decision re Pedro our Boxer rescue dog. I could not of put that above sentance better.

Thoughts are with you.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mate,

So sorry to hear this news. What ever decision you and the family make will be a very hard one but will be the right one.

I have had to make these sort of decisions 5 times now and each one was a really hard one to make.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
booked a cottage right on the beach for beginning of March, to give a last run around doing what he loves.. sniffing rocks and swimming in the sea.