one for Dog lovers

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Penut Butter always works for us - messy but effective! Sometimes splodged on top of a dog biscuit but other times just fed by hand.

TopOfTheFlop

Head Pro
Visit site
Put it in his mouth, close his mouth and hold it whilst you blow on his nose. It will make him swallow the tablet. The vet does it all the time and we do now, real easy :thup:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Put it in his mouth, close his mouth and hold it whilst you blow on his nose. It will make him swallow the tablet. The vet does it all the time and we do now, real easy :thup:

So pleased to hear that progress continues and he continues to get better.

Might try this technique for eating the mother in laws food. Not sure the sight of HID blowing on my nose to make me swallow will go down well at the table though!

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Great news.............

Anyone got answers for an easy way to make an astonishingly dogmatic labrador take a worm tablet.:lol:

Butter on nose... no
Wrapped up in cheese...no
Hand fed with Spagbol....no.
He takes all the food then looks you triumphantly in the eye and spits out the tablets.

Blow pipe?

Palm of your hand, cover it in BBQ sauce, they'll just lap it up...well mine does anyway.

Glad yours is better Patrick, I'd be completely lost without mine.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just remembered what we did for Max as well as peanut butter - he was an untypical Lab and careful/choosy with his food and suspicious (must have been his army training)! Anyhow, hot dog sausages are soft enough that a pill can be pushed into them and pretty much hidden.