American golf double value trade in

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hey guys, was just wondering can you use this against bags? I have a Scotty I would trade against a new bag if possible.

According to T&C's no, you can't. However, some seem to have had a bit of luck trading in against other stuff so you just have to see what your local store says.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
My local store have let me trade in against both a bag and a trolleySeems to be up to the store manager
Exactly this. I read on here that some have done multiple trade-in's for 1 new item, other store's only offer 1 for 1. I was in a store the other week and the guy was saying that they are going to start a 2nd hand website (similar to golfbidder I guess) as they see 2nd hand market growing larger and larger.

mozza25

Medal Winner
Visit site
MD has been sacked so offer coming to an end. Although they are continuing double trade in using their own value guide. So not double, will be the same as pga guide standard price

mozza25

Medal Winner
Visit site
Golf manufacturers. Previous MD was targeted on turnover, when the year end accounts came out they realised the double trade in was a nightmare for them.

Crawley1981

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hopefully I will still be able to get 1.5 of pga.com double on Saturday when I go for a multi-brand custom fit with them. If not then pointless me going as have only had my MP -25'S since July. Was also hoping to take driver and fairways.

Last edited:

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does anyone know if you get a lot of shaft options on an iron custom fit at American golf? Also do they do a complete fitting process- IE static and dynamic tests? Grips and wraps checks etc?

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
"Golf manufacturers. Previous MD was targeted on turnover, when the year end accounts came out they realised the double trade in was a nightmare for them."

Got to be rubbish as they must have evaluated the effect of the offer before starting it, if not the whole board etc needs firing.

I was in the a branch near Ipswich today and thought I'd ask about trading in v store credit and and the chap told me it's an instant dismissal offence to do anything other than 1-4-1 trades! ha ha! :)

Mugs

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Some have previously traded in and then returned the new item for credit I believe under the 30 day guarantee

Maybe search back in this thread

gmhubble

Head Pro
Visit site
Indeed

It is a way to get around the 141 terms and conditions

Take a club in - part ex for a new club of equal value

Take a club in - part ex against what you need AND then use the 30 day returns for the two clubs above - that way you get to return three clubs for one effectively all within their rules

Some have previously traded in and then returned the new item for credit I believe under the 30 day guarantee

Maybe search back in this thread

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Indeed

It is a way to get around the 141 terms and conditions

Take a club in - part ex against what you need AND then use the 30 day returns for the two clubs above - that way you get to return three clubs for one effectively all within their rules

I tried this but they wouldn't give me credit- said I would need to take (the new)club to another store to exchange if there was nothing I seen in their store to exchange for, or I could get the original club back as a refund.

I didn't argue with them right enough so maybe if you can be bothered disputing with them you'd get away with it.