American golf double value trade in

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was the one near the zoo. They did have a few but not the volume I was expecting on the back of the double trade in deals!

If you are coming through from Glasgow to Corstorphine then drop into the Livingston store. Come off at Deerpark and follow signs for Broxburn. Left at the Dobbie's roundabout, past another small nursery and it is attached to the driving range on the right, about 200m from the traffic lights

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Does anyone know if they supposed to use a particular exchange rate when they convert from the USD trade in value?

Was offered £150 for the double trade-in value of $250 which makes the exchange rate of 1.53 USD/£ which is very high (pound wise) compared to the 1.255 everywhere else.

Maybe they are still living a pre-Brexit vote world? Or they are free to make up any rate?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Does anyone know if they supposed to use a particular exchange rate when they convert from the USD trade in value?

Was offered £150 for the double trade-in value of $250 which makes the exchange rate of 1.53 USD/£ which is very high (pound wise) compared to the 1.255 everywhere else.

Maybe they are still living a pre-Brexit vote world? Or they are free to make up any rate?

Fixed rate of 1.5

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
sure this has been mentioned in the past but is it the research or the trade-in tab that you use? And if its research is it the 'mid' value?

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
sure this has been mentioned in the past but is it the research or the trade-in tab that you use? And if its research is it the 'mid' value?
Thanks for the comment, I had no prb with the $ trade in value, it matched what was expected. The problem is with the exchange rate used - 1.5 is certainly a distant memory for the £.

JakeWS

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm honoured to welcome you to my club. 

Still managed 10 sets today doing a lap of the local stores sending someone else in haha :clap: I'd already bought them so I was committed.

Thanks for the comment, I had no prb with the $ trade in value, it matched what was expected. The problem is with the exchange rate used - 1.5 is certainly a distant memory for the £.

It says on the website they use 1.5 I think even, it's just the rate they set, they are only using that site as a guide and everything is at their discretion.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Any thoughts that AG are in trouble and thats why they are doing this promo can be forgotten,was talking to one of their guys in a local store who told me that the store he was from was being refurbished as are all the others to be.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Any thoughts that AG are in trouble and thats why they are doing this promo can be forgotten,was talking to one of their guys in a local store who told me that the store he was from was being refurbished as are all the others to be.

Local ones have also
Big refurb Newcastle store in fitting bay
With talk of opening new stores

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
They did that here in Bristol. There has always been one AG here but now they run one with a range with flightscope etc, then the standard store with gc2. Seems like they are both doing well too

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
Popped in today on my way back from playing at our place and they had some new stock in.

Had a quick hit with the demo Benross HTX Type R 7-iron and the driver in the same range, which I was really impressed with. Trade in value on my gear is £335, the driver is on sale at £99 and the irons are £379 in store, but Online Golf has them on offer currently for £199. The standard HTX are £199 in both.

Wasn't able to get any numbers on the irons as the fitting bay was full, and while I liked the driver the store only had it in stiff so I want to try the regular and see the data. The guy at AG couldn't have been more helpful, but the earliest he can get the gear in for me to try would be Wednesday. I'm away Wednesday, but I've booked in for Thursday to try and get some numbers, but I've now found out the AG sale ends on Tuesday so I'd me looking at full-price through AG unless Online Golf's prices stay as-is beyond Thursday.. assuming I decide to buy that is!

My own fault for dragging my heels i suppose.

davidg2010uk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If you are coming through from Glasgow to Corstorphine then drop into the Livingston store. Come off at Deerpark and follow signs for Broxburn. Left at the Dobbie's roundabout, past another small nursery and it is attached to the driving range on the right, about 200m from the traffic lights

Cheers, will try there next time i'm through.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ordered some Ping glide wedges old model at AG on 6 th January just been told on phone today won't be until after 2 nd March.
Its a good deal but that's a long time to wait.
I am thinking of cancelling but may have to wait for new ones any way.

gjbike

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I got a call yesterday as well to say that the glide 58 & 54 will be at the shop next Wednesday and the 50 will arrive on the 2nd of March but at cost of £22 for each wedge with the trade in I can wait.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I got a call yesterday as well to say that the glide 58 & 54 will be at the shop next Wednesday and the 50 will arrive on the 2nd of March but at cost of £22 for each wedge with the trade in I can wait.

Why's it taking so long Gainsborough can put anything together and quickly are these wedges custom fitted or just from stock?