Am I wrong?

D

Deleted member 15344

A morally dubious approach, lower than a snakes belly.

In response to the OP,;

Doubt I would bother with the hassle of complaining. Just buy it somewhere else. Life's too short.

I’m fully with you on the whole going straight to social media - it happens far too often before exploring all avenues first ( if the issue is that bad )

If it’s not then just walk away and get whatever is required from another outlet.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

In response to the OP,;

Doubt I would bother with the hassle of complaining. Just buy it somewhere else. Life's too short.

Disagree. I think AG are in the wrong here initially, but utilise the guy on here that works for them and see what he says. However if he can't/won't do anything then I'd simply put a factual post on social media. If nothing else it would warn others of a potential issue. As I said in a previous post though, give the guy a decent amount of time to hear both sides, find out what happened, potentially what went wrong and find a solution if possible first. Seems to my mind at least a fair solution and then use social media to highlight the issue.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m fully with you on the whole going straight to social media - it happens far too often before exploring all avenues first ( if the issue is that bad )

If it’s not then just walk away and get whatever is required from another outlet.

pfft social media is the best way to go about it.. public tweet .. no need to demand just explain the situation and they will come up trumps.. they get good PR you get your deal

I tweeted game golf once asking for help to buy something because on their website it kept failing.. they sent me what I wanted (2 tags) for free!

tweeted titliest before asking where can I buy these (zip tags for the zips).. they messaged me saying we will send you some free of charge

tweeter is king .. welcome to the 21st century

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Try reading post #13. I clearly said let the AG guy on here try and solve it or at least come back with an explanation (and give him time to do so). Never said anything about going straight to social media

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Try reading post #13. I clearly said let the AG guy on here try and solve it or at least come back with an explanation (and give him time to do so). Never said anything about going straight to social media

social media is sometimes the quickest way.... emails can take a few days.. social media a few hours

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

In response to the OP,;

The bag I want is the one the we’re selling. Why would I pay an extra £50 if I felt I didn’t need to?

social media isn’t my intention. But a grumbling email is fair imo.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The bag I want is the one the we’re selling. Why would I pay an extra £50 if I felt I didn’t need to?

social media isn’t my intention. But a grumbling email is fair imo.

Meant look elsewhere for same price or better, apologies not clear.

Good luck sorting

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Price matching is a great tool for customers and retailers alike and like most things it has a set of rules around it (set by the retailer) otherwise it just couldn’t work

It sounds like the OP’s specific circumstances did comply initially but then fell outside those rules (otherwise why would the retailer rescind the price-match) so OP is left to rely on goodwill to get the discount

Shaming/guilting them on social media wouldn’t always be the best course of action to get that goodwill, so it'd be an email or call for me to explain and try to get them on my side

user2010

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
pfft social media is the best way to go about it.. public tweet .. no need to demand just explain the situation and they will come up trumps.. they get good PR you get your deal

I tweeted game golf once asking for help to buy something because on their website it kept failing.. they sent me what I wanted (2 tags) for free!

tweeted titliest before asking where can I buy these (zip tags for the zips).. they messaged me saying we will send you some free of charge

tweeter is king .. welcome to the 21st century

You know it's Titleist btw.:thup::whistle:
You may want to change the spelling in your sig.:thup:HTH

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Price matching is a great tool for customers and retailers alike and like most things it has a set of rules around it (set by the retailer) otherwise it just couldn’t work

It sounds like the OP’s specific circumstances did comply initially but then fell outside those rules (otherwise why would the retailer rescind the price-match) so OP is left to rely on goodwill to get the discount

Shaming/guilting them on social media wouldn’t always be the best course of action to get that goodwill, so it'd be an email or call for me to explain and try to get them on my side

Imo I’m not after goodwill. I went to them to give them my custom, i could have just bought it and they’ve of had nothing. I’ve contacted them and am yet to have a response.

Spent close to 4000 with me last year. Will just go elsewhere.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How much (other than the out of stock shop) have you seen it for elsewhere mate? Golfsupport have the black/red or the blue one for £150 with a free towel.

Just thinking, £50 is a lot to knock off a bag when all the terms of price match arnt met.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I disagree completely. The poster is not left to rely on goodwill. Provided that the promise / book / decision to buy was made at a time when the offer was good then AG are in my opinion bound by it. Them making the offer has impacted your decision to purchase elsewhere, just because you come to collect (as per whatever the agreement is) at a time when the other retailer no longer has the item available it doesn't change what they offered.

I would follow it up, sounds like the store just didn't follow the price match properly, which the head office customer services guys should follow up on and fix.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
How much (other than the out of stock shop) have you seen it for elsewhere mate? Golfsupport have the black/red or the blue one for £150 with a free towel.

Just thinking, £50 is a lot to knock off a bag when all the terms of price match arnt met.

£150is about par for the course. Thing is though the terms were met. I could have purchased it for that price as it was in stock online hence Ag matching it. It sold out during my drive there to collect.

Will still I’ll get one at some point I’d imagine. Wasn’t in a massive rush and the money isn’t an issue. Just frustrated at them imo not honouring an agreement.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah I get your point.

Ive been having a look round for best prices, that grey and red one (non waterproof one) is nice innit...

I have the 4up, far too small imo. My trying to help, could cost me £110 :(

:rofl:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Yeah I get your point.

Ive been having a look round for best prices, that grey and red one (non waterproof one) is nice innit...

I have the 4up, far too small imo. My trying to help, could cost me £110 :(

:rofl:

yeah I had a look at the four but seemed tiny.

The five is same size as my 14 carry bag. I really like this one, but when it gets wet it’s a nightmare to try and dry over night.

That grey one looks mint. Not sure I can convince the missus I need that and the Waterproof lol

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
yeah I had a look at the four but seemed tiny.

The five is same size as my 14 carry bag. I really like this one, but when it gets wet it’s a nightmare to try and dry over night.

That grey one looks mint. Not sure I can convince the missus I need that and the Waterproof lol

5 stadry is the best bag I have ever owned I love it..

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Imo I’m not after goodwill. I went to them to give them my custom, i could have just bought it and they’ve of had nothing. I’ve contacted them and am yet to have a response.

Spent close to 4000 with me last year. Will just go elsewhere.

I've not used it but did the reserve and collect feature not provide you with some kind of reference number that then directly relates back to your reservation date/time etc? (at which point AG will have done their price match check)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I've not used it but did the reserve and collect feature not provide you with some kind of reference number that then directly relates back to your reservation date/time etc? (at which point AG will have done their price match check)

Yeah I went in store and had the email with the collection record. The store simply refused to honour it.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Yeah I went in store and had the email with the collection record. The store simply refused to honour it.

Tough to see what part your order fell foul of their price-match terms then
I don't see anything in the price match garb to say they'll validate it... then its still subject to further validation again at the time of collection