Alwoodley Sunday 19th April (North west regional qualifier) but open to all

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can only echo what everyone has already said about the course. Immaculate condition and definitely the best course I've played. Really enjoyed the round playing with odvan, lincoln and crow. Some great golf played and some horrendous driving from myself but thoroughly enjoyed the round, will definitely be back.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think the etiquette (yes, I know, me and etiquette in the same sentence) is to allow the organisers to post up the results but seeing as one of em only won 6 balls, he may be some time :)

Balls to him :rofl:

Spit it out, it was bad enough missing this but the waiting is killing me.

My money is on region 3 or junior :thup:

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just to echo what everyone has said, I had a thoroughly enjoyable day, many thanks to Birchy and Liverbirdie for all their hard work, also LQ and Captainron for organising the side comp, and Val for the Race to Hillside.

Alwoodley is a cracking course, given my level of skill I can only be thankful we played it before the greens get fast and the rough gets up. Thanks to Duffers, PeterLav and Captainron for their excellent company, still trying to get my head round how Captainron and I (total score 57 points) managed to finish all square with opponents who got 70! And we were 4 up with 4 to play!

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the etiquette (yes, I know, me and etiquette in the same sentence) is to allow the organisers to post up the results but seeing as one of em only won 6 balls, he may be some time :)

No drama. Was unaware of the protocol.

Could be a while then whilst he writes "An ode to Alwoodley and other tales".

Hw come you didn't play Scott? Hope everything OK mate.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What a fantastic course. Anyone who hasn't played it, grab the chance if you can. I'll definitely be back.

Thanks to all involved in organising the day, and the Hillside and side comps. A great job as always guys. Shame you couldn't make it Birchy.

Time flew in the good company of Karl, Bozza and Duckster.
A first for me today - Marking 2 nett 1 for 5pts! Shame the green was out of sight 20' below us.

Considering we couldn't figure the wind out, or read the greens, hitting a full 8 iron from 92yds (laser-user malfunction), and the fact that I hit 2 fairways all day I was happy with 33 points.

Actually that's a lie. I hit 4 fairways if you count hitting the 18th fairway from the 1st tee and the 1st fairway from the 18th tee. :eek:

Can't wait to do it all again :thup:

Last edited:

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Results as follows (top 4 only as they got cash and Glynn has the paper with all the scores and he won't do this until he rocks up at work tomorrow)

1st - duffers - 36 points
2nd - Petelev - 34 points KOK WINNER
3rd - Karl102 - 34 points
4th - Val - 33 points

Nearest the pins

7th - Liverbirdie
11th - Captainron

gregbwfc

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Another great forum day on a tremendous course.
Many thanks to the lads who took time to put this together.
Nice to see some familiar faces and some new ones.
Thanks to James, Paul and Josh for the company (sounds like it wasn't just us who had putting issues - and boy did we test those bunkers out :rofl:).

Would go back there anytime someone wants a game.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
U
Just to echo what everyone has said, I had a thoroughly enjoyable day, many thanks to Birchy and Liverbirdie for all their hard work, also LQ and Captainron for organising the side comp, and Val for the Race to Hillside.

Alwoodley is a cracking course, given my level of skill I can only be thankful we played it before the greens get fast and the rough gets up. Thanks to Duffers, PeterLav and Captainron for their excellent company, still trying to get my head round how Captainron and I (total score 57 points) managed to finish all square with opponents who got 70! And we were 4 up with 4 to play!
That was painful. It's like we forgot how to play. Pete did finish like a train though to be fair and we were a bit like Liverpool today.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Balls to him :rofl:

Spit it out, it was bad enough missing this but the waiting is killing me.

My money is on region 3 or junior :thup:

Save your money dude......28 for me today....Pretty in parts but pants in others !!! Top day tho. Sorry you couldn't make it bud

D

Deleted member 17920

What a top day out. Long day but worth every minute.

Thanks to Birchy and Liverbirdie for organising this meet, top blokes the pair of you. Shame you couldn't make it Scott but hope all is ok.

Thanks to captainron for collecting the cash for the side comp and then taking one of the nearest the pins prizes. And that base layer was a right bargain.........

Nice to play with another 2 forum members in Crow and Marshy. Crow bombs his driver miles. I think he would give captainron and region3 and run on longest drives. We also had a 4th member but he never showed up and I left £5 richer thankfully due to him been a bottler.

This is what the forum is all about 30 golfers having a great day out. Some travelling a long distance to do these meets. Long may it continue.

Liverbirdie now when is the next one?

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What a meet to make my forum debut in. Alwoodley was an absolute treat and the game just about held up. Really enjoyed the company of Paul, mark and andy . Thanks to all you guys who put in the hard yakka organising it.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Great day lads, good to meet some new faces and topped off with the chance to play a top golf course. I really enjoyed Alwoodley and for sure it's a place I'd like to play again. As always it's a pleasure to play with Liverbirdie and a pleasure to meet Tony (Heavy Grebo).

Well done to Duffers for winning the sweep and well done to Peterlav for winning this meets Race to Hillside slot.

These meets are all about the people who play them and this was no different. I'm sure Peter and Scott will thank you for helping make their meet so good and I personally thank everyone for making the effort to attend and support the Race to Hillside comp with a special thanks to Region 3 who has now played in 4 meets this year.

Hope to see you all again soon, let's keep these meets going.

peterlav

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks to Peter & Scott for organising the day, LQ & Cameron for organising the side bets.
Thanks to Paul, Richard & Cameron for the day, great company, an unexpected first Forum win, only the fact we were dormie 4 down in our pairs side match kept me going to the end!!!
Alwoodley is very picturesque, recommended to anyone who hasn't played there, those greens in the Summer will be terrifying though!!!