Alwoodley Sunday 19th April (North west regional qualifier) but open to all

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Right, now that the children have been put to bed........

Firstly, thanks to Scott who couldn't make it today sadly enough. He's ok, but had a family visit that he needed to go to. A top man, who always does more than his share to get the money in and much, much more.

Nice to play with Val and a new face in Tony, and glad that the "cross-pollination" of the forum continues, with a good mix in the groups from various regions. The Scouse blues had more than a big smile on their faces on the way home with one being the ultimate KOK, and the other one taking 1st place in the on the day comp, and maybe other reasons.....

Thanks for LQ and Cameron for sorting out a good comp on the day, and also helping to work out ours as well, whilst I watched the match. Good to meet some new chaps, but sorry I didnt have the chance to have a good chat, as sorting stuff out doesnt give much free time, so hopefully more time next time.

Thanks to Alwoodley who were an absolute pleasure to deal with, at every level. A cracking course, it ate me up with my 25 points, but anyone playing anywhere handicap must have played very well.

Just time to thank you all for coming, hope you enjoyed it.

Yours,

NTP winner and best shoes champion......

Attachments

• lyle.jpg
    lyle.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Great day lads, good to meet some new faces and topped off with the chance to play a top golf course. I really enjoyed Alwoodley and for sure it's a place I'd like to play again. As always it's a pleasure to play with Liverbirdie and a pleasure to meet Tony (Heavy Grebo).

Well done to Duffers for winning the sweep and well done to Peterlav for winning this meets Race to Hillside slot.

These meets are all about the people who play them and this was no different. I'm sure Peter and Scott will thank you for helping make their meet so good and I personally thank everyone for making the effort to attend and support the Race to Hillside comp with a special thanks to Region 3 who has now played in 4 meets this year.

Hope to see you all again soon, let's keep these meets going.

:whistle:

D

Deleted member 17920

So how did the real match of the day go between you and Lincs Quaker?;)

Maybe Glyn can post up a few excerpts from your trash talk with him......:blah:;)
Oh he bottled it in his world cup final. All the build up to the big event and it was a 1st round knockout :rofl:

I had nightmares last night over the language used and banter thrown around!!!
Marshy,

I can only apologise for Odvan's language, he clearly doesn't go to the same church as we do:whistle: :D He is an embarrassment, just like his game was yesterday :whoo:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
oh he bottled it in his world cup final. All the build up to the big event and it was a 1st round knockout :rofl:

Marshy,

i can only apologise for odvan's language, he clearly doesn't go to the same church as we do:whistle: :d he is an embarrassment, just like his game was yesterday :whoo:

come on, we want excerpts, we want excerpts!!!!!!

Cheifi0

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I would just like to add my add my gratitude to the organisers Liverbirdie and Birchy for another superb meet, CaptainRon and Lincoln Quacker for organising the comp on the day and Val for running the over all Hillside Comp. The weather even behaved itself with the sun popping out for the majority of the round. I appreciate all the effort put in to get these things sorted. It was a pleasure to play with James Andy and Paul yesterday around an excellent track. I was happy enough with my play but as has been said before too many 3 putts. Look forward to the next meet.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Fair play to Paul and the two Andy's in my group for offering to keep my biggest tits up moment of the day to themselves but if you can't laugh at yourself, you'd cry so here goes...

Stood in the middle of the 16th fairway after a decent drive, only a mid iron left to the green and in the best position of the group I pick my club, take aim and take a lovely smooth swing... only to miss the ball completely, catching the ground a full foot BEHIND the ball.

The looks on their collective faces will haunt me - disbelief and stiffled laughs.

My next attempt wasn't much better as I think I hit the ground 6" behind this time with the divot hitting the ball and moving it forward about 30 yards.

Golf, eh? When it's off, it is OFF.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Fair play to Paul and the two Andy's in my group for offering to keep my biggest tits up moment of the day to themselves but if you can't laugh at yourself, you'd cry so here goes...

Stood in the middle of the 16th fairway after a decent drive, only a mid iron left to the green and in the best position of the group I pick my club, take aim and take a lovely smooth swing... only to miss the ball completely, catching the ground a full foot BEHIND the ball.

The looks on their collective faces will haunt me - disbelief and stiffled laughs.

My next attempt wasn't much better as I think I hit the ground 6" behind this time with the divot hitting the ball and moving it forward about 30 yards.

Mate, it was your best drive of the day and the other three of us all hit good tee shots too. Our stifled laughs were more to do with your reaction on both shots..... priceless !!!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site

I honestly thought it was a practise swing until I saw your face :D

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

your reaction was as Drewster says #priceless no doubt every group on the course has a story to tell that's golf, as you proved by ripping it off the next tee.