Alwoodley Sunday 19th April (North west regional qualifier) but open to all

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a few reactions like that yesterday too, think it was when I hit 2 drives into the bushes 30 yards to the left of the 17th.

Though, being the gent that you are, you didn't turn into Fatima Whitbread and launch your driver 50 yards, did you and then proceed to cry about it for the next 2 holes. Now, who could that have been....

D

Deleted Member 1156

Fair play to Paul and the two Andy's in my group for offering to keep my biggest tits up moment of the day to themselves but if you can't laugh at yourself, you'd cry so here goes...

Stood in the middle of the 16th fairway after a decent drive, only a mid iron left to the green and in the best position of the group I pick my club, take aim and take a lovely smooth swing... only to miss the ball completely, catching the ground a full foot BEHIND the ball.

The looks on their collective faces will haunt me - disbelief and stiffled laughs.

My next attempt wasn't much better as I think I hit the ground 6" behind this time with the divot hitting the ball and moving it forward about 30 yards.

Golf, eh? When it's off, it is OFF.

Bloody chompers, shouldn't be allowed on the course at weekends :whistle:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Though, being the gent that you are, you didn't turn into Fatima Whitbread and launch your driver 50 yards, did you and then proceed to cry about it for the next 2 holes. Now, who could that have been....

Was it a particularly whiney Fatima Whitbread, if so I think I know who it is.;)

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just getting my senses back after what was a cracking if not exhausting 4 days golf + beer

many thanks to Pete an Scott for organising a wonderful course at a fantastic price!
also to the boys who organised the comp. well in fellas :clap:

thanks also to Stuey and LPhil for proving to be great company, never a quiet moment, especially when you're lining up a putt... :whistle:
Phil, a cracking player, well worthy of cat1 status
Stuey, a cracking lad... :rofl:

Now on to my debacle. Just couldn't get the ball into play often enough, but that course punished every bad shot, and boy did I hit a load of them! Even the good ones often ran into trouble. A real tough test that was honestly beyond me.
Highlights being the tee shot on 1, which is always a nervous time. And only my second birdie of the year on 9. Think it was about 175, 17* hybrid to about 12 feet, good putt to round it off :whoo:

great day, great course, great bunch of lads/lady. Loved every minute of it! :cheers:

As an aside, sat I shot 37 points and today I got 39. There is a player in there, trying his best to get out!!

D

Deleted member 15344

Second that. Had a look on their website and a bit gutted that there aren't many opens. Would be back in a shot.

Same here mate

Would defiantly be up there in a shot for another round

Really cracking course with lots of thinking holes

Woild love to tackle it with fast greens

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't you mean the photo looks special and the clubhouse looks great ;)

Hope the shoulder is on the mend bud :thup:

Every member we saw asked us if we were enjoying the course and wished us a good day. Even the two ball who played through a few groups of us told us not to worry about letting them through and just said they would play through if there was a gap ahead or if we we looking for a ball .....small things that go a long way !!!

D

Deleted member 17920

Second that. Had a look on their website and a bit gutted that there aren't many opens. Would be back in a shot.
They did have a 36 hole comp for Cat 1 golfers but it doesn't appear to be on he fixture list this year. Part of the Yorkshire order of merit.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Every member we saw asked us if we were enjoying the course and wished us a good day. Even the two ball who played through a few groups of us told us not to worry about letting them through and just said they would play through if there was a gap ahead or if we we looking for a ball .....small things that go a long way !!!

Yes mate, a very warm welcome.

I've sent this to them today:-

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi Julie,[/FONT]

Just a quick note to thank you and all of your staff for making our day go so well yesterday.

Nothing was too much trouble, and everyone acted in a most courteous, professional and friendly manner from the lads in the pro-shop, the waiting on staff, the chefs and everyone we encountered. The Captain also hunted me down to introduce himself, which was a lovely touch, a shame that I couldn't chat with him for longer than 15 minutes, but I was due to tee off.

The course was great (if not hard
smile.png
) and everyone enjoyed their day out.

Here is the thread on the forum, and the last 2-3 pages have some particularly good comments to say how we all enjoyed it.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/sh...onal-qualifier)-but-open-to-all&p=1281375#top[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Best regards,

I've edited the above letter slightly, as one of our forum brothers is looking for Alwoodley to host an event later in the year, but I'll leave the details for him to announce in the future, but if even half are interested again it may help swell his numbers, if for a similar deal......
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Cheifi0

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
2 OOB on the SI 1, par 5, (with 2 different clubs) - now that's talent.

Pulled my tee shot on there too, must of been a yard from from getting through The next only stayed in after a favourable rickashay. Needless to say I didn't score on that hole either.