Alwoodley Sunday 19th April (North west regional qualifier) but open to all

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Gutted no to be there, especially as our guests have left early to go and see their daughter, who's just back from Spain. But at least HID has decided we can go shopping...

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great day out. Big thanks to all the organisers , Birchy, LB, LQ and Val. Wow, what a course, anybody who hasn't played Alwoodly needs to get there quick as its well worth its place in the top 100. On the board it said it was 11th in England! Really picturesque well framed holes with difficult greens that in the height of Summer will be very difficult!
Big thanks to my playing partners Bozza, Duckster and Region 3, great company. Top forum meet!!!

Scotty Cameron

Head Pro
Visit site
Just back from the Alwoodley meet and I would like to thank Peter and Scott for organising the event. I would also like to apologise to my playing partners James, Andy and especially Josh who had to mark my card, for my woeful attempt at playing the course. My golf was terrible, even my putting, but the company was really good. It seems I'm not destined to play McKenzie courses well at all, this is my third attempt and I'll have to admit defeat, the Doctor seems to design courses that just don't meet my playing style, not that I have much of that anyway.

Once again, thanks to everyone for making a day of it.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
A great meet top work liverbirchy tours ablely assisted by LQ val and captainron.
Thanks for putting in it on. a top course and a top meet.
Great company thanks to Andy Andy and mark. A very enjoyable round.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another awesome forum event on a superb course. Loved Alwoodley from start to finish.....the round seemed to go in the blink of an eye. Thanks to Paul, Andy and Mark for the game, really enjoyed everyone's company.

Well done to the winners and a huge thanks to Birchy, Pete and Val.

D

Deleted member 1740

Another great day out with the forum lads, shame my drving was left somewhere else as I was shocking today.

Had a cracking round with LiverpoolPhil (or now known as 3 putt phill :whistle:) and davemac.

Alwoodley is an absolute cracker and for those of you have played Beau Desert it's along the same lines only better!

Thanks to LB and coolio for organising it too.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks to everyone involved who helped organise this as it was a cracking day and we even got some decent weather.

Really is up there with one of the best courses I've played, every hole was different, rewarded for good shots and fairly punished for bad ones which I found out after the first few holes.

Also thanks to Duckster, Karl102 and Region 3 for the game, good golf played by all apart form maybe our green reading skills!

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks again from us to the LiverBirchyValGlynn productions. Our journey home was as nightmarish as the one getting there. I'm blaming HID for that both times!

Also, huge thanks to Merv and Andy for putting up with woeful golf from me today and my swearing:eek: Hopefully Iain will be along at some point to vouch that I can play golf:eek:

Was lovely to meet up with the old and new forumites.

D

Deleted member 15344

Just got home after a leisurely drive

The drive up there was worth it

Cracking course , brilliant company with Stu and Dave - throughly enjoyed my day - Daves 2 on the 9 was a cracker

Shame my putting didn't live up to the rest of the game - 3 putt central !!!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Great day, the fish & chips with mushy peas were a treat. (What golf?)

Thanks to Liverbirdie & Birchy for organising and to Lincoln Quaker and Captainron for running the side comp.
Superb course, the views of the hole ahead from some of the tees were stunning.

A pleasure to play with Marshy77, Lincoln Quaker and Odvan.

I can't remember driving the ball as well as I did today, but as soon as I got within 50 yards of the green my play was a horror story. 26 points so I shouldn't really complain as that's a result for me of late.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great meet as always, thanks to Birchy and LB for the arranging and Captain Ron for sorting the side comp out :D

Fantastic course, in immaculate condition and I think will come well recommended by all who played today - excellent choice and the view up the first set the stall out very well indeed.

Great to meet Nick (Crow) and have a round with Marshy again. Apologies but I can't remember the our other playing partners name but he threw clubs from time to time and swore a lot, extremely common he was.

Well played to the winner, and to Aston Villa, also.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks to everyone involved who helped organise this as it was a cracking day and we even got some decent weather.

Really is up there with one of the best courses I've played, every hole was different, rewarded for good shots and fairly punished for bad ones which I found out after the first few holes.

Also thanks to Duckster, Karl102 and Region 3 for the game, good golf played by all apart form maybe our green reading skills!

And what a 2 on 17!