Advice on swing

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone have any tips or advice as to whyy front foot keeps spinning out and ends up pointing forwards.

It used to happen because I had a really strong grip and wasn't releasing the club head and using my body too much to try keep shots from going right. I feel as though I'm releasing the club ok and I don't loose as many shots right but it looks to me as though I'm over rotating with my follow through.

Here's a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99MPQrzGdsU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Does your front heel lift on your back swing?

I only ask as Bubba Watson has a similar issue with his front foot.

I would say, looking at your set up, your feet may be a little too close together and not giving you a solid base to complete your swing.

Either that or you're trying to hit it "Bubba-Long" :D

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does your front heel lift on your back swing?

I only ask as Bubba Watson has a similar issue with his front foot.

I would say, looking at your set up, your feet may be a little too close together and not giving you a solid base to complete your swing.

Either that or you're trying to hit it "Bubba-Long" :D

As far as I can see it stays pretty flat, it does look like I'm trying to leather it as I kinda jump on the follow through but for me that's only about 85%.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd say your weight is too much onto your heels and your sitting back on them. Try standing more straight legged and more lean from the hips, if you do this you should feel your weight on the balls of your feet, which intern should stop your left foot rotating.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Id say this is a result of an out to in swing, the momentum of the club is pulling you onto your left heel.
Are you working on anything to do with Stack and tilt?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
The only other thing I can see is that your don't seem to move your weight forward through your swing and seem to stay a little on your right hand side.

That could just be the camera angle though.

I tend to start my down swing by planting my left heel and begin moving my weight forward so I feel as though I'm hitting against my left hand side.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Id say this is a result of an out to in swing, the momentum of the club is pulling you onto your left heel.
Are you working on anything to do with Stack and tilt?

Nope but I did think it looked abit stack and tilt as it looks as though my weight stays on my left foot mainly which is what normally happens with stack and tilt?

I do have a slight out to in swing according to my pro, I take it back on a good plane but come back in abit too steep.

I don't think it helps that over swing way too much but I find that if I try to keep my width and shorten I seriously struggle releasing the club as it cause me too tense up too much in my wrists and hands

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You are lifting out of the shot too early, this is straightening your legs and forcing your foot to rotate. Try staying down into the shot longer so that your chest is covering the ball for as long as possible, this will keep your weight on the inside of your left foot.