Addict order of merit

B

birdieman

In order to decide who is the biggest addict on this forum if you compare the number of posts made to the time the players(us lot) have been registered on here the addict order of merit at time of this post is thus-

1. Cosworth 2.108 posts per day
2. The belgie24 2.098
3. Madandra 2.009
4. Birdieman 1.986

The biggest addict currently is Cosworth.
I am about to be overtaken in most posts posted overall by Madandra who started slowly but who is now posting messages like Tiger holes 10 footers so I congratulate him.

I am relieved to see I am controlling my addiction admirably after losing it a bit back in April/May!

B

birdieman

Brendy
Posting on here is like getting a new set of irons, really exciting when you first get them, then after a couple of months they just becomes 'the clubs', you stop washing them, they lose their shine, you accept you're not the next Retief Goosen and everything becomes dull and familiar again till next time you splurge on a new driver and the cycle repeats. Such is life!

cosworth

Assistant Pro
Visit site
wow ive impressed myself.
just a shame nearly all my post are help me please topics.
i have been so addicted to this as golf itself but its fading slightly as you say birdie.

So gutted they stopped the order of merit prizes!!!!
ha ha. :) :)

B

birdieman

Birdieman - you need to get out more.

Not allowed to leave the Office alas!

It took about 2 minutes to calculate with a diary, a pen and the user list on this forum -no biggy!

Murph you are correct however, I need to get away and quit this forum.

I really do believe I've run out of things to say on this forum ("At last", I hear you all whisper!)

I now depart and in the words of Capt Oates - "I may be gone some time"

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
No Birdieman!! Don't leave, it won't be nearly as much fun!! There's always more to say...

Also Cosworth there are prizes now for getting your posts in the magazine apparently – sweet!

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
I really do believe I've run out of things to say on this forum - "I may be gone some time"

My arm, Birdieman! It's cold out there!

Personally, I think you're just going throught the male menopause. Do you need a group hug? ;) ;)

muttleee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That's the thing with a golf forum...there are only so many times you can discuss your favourite courses/clubs/players etc but on the other hand, there's plenty else happening all year round. There are tournaments to comment on, players' fortunes (or misfortunes), rules queries, playing tips and so on. You don't have to reply to every discussion but there's no harm in keeping an eye on what's being talked about and contributing when you have something you really want to say. It's up to you of course!

ps When a golfer is feeling unwell, should he say he's feeling "under par"? Shouldn't it be over par?!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Perhaps you could say you feel 1 down with 3 to go, means you arent well but can see light at the end of the tunel
or if you are feeling utterly miserable, beat 7&6.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I feel the same way as Birdieman. You may (or may not) have noticed that I haven't been about lately, but that doesn't mean that I've stopped visiting the forum. It's just that I haven't felt the urge to contribute as regularly as in my earlier days.

Regards.

Atticus.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have noticed a new wave of 'frantic forumers' in the last month or so. I am an opinionated effer in every day life but I am a little disillusioned by the forum at times.

I liken it to finding a wee treasure of a golf course then within weeks there are coach loads of tourists flocking to it and taking away the wee sparkle that was there.

thebelgie24

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ave kind of lost the sparkle myself,but will keep popping in,get a shock when ive missed a few days and come on to find 179 messages !!!