Winter series best 3 rounds turns into best 2 from 4 #OOM

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Is this the norm? I'll not name the course as I love the layout and the friendly people I've met. BUT when you play through the winter and the criteria at the start is BEST 3 ROUNDS.

It doesn't say OH if we cancel two we will reduce the rounds required for OOM.

The final date was cancelled this week and my pal sends me an email telling me he had won, REALLY? he had two great rounds early 36.38 and then 29 but missed Feb due to a trip to the sun. I was leading by two from another competitor with 34,35,35,35 so all to play for last round.

Honestly my pal my still favourite as he is pretty solid and I'd expect him to shoot min 33pts. anyway he whatsapps me and tells me kaching ching I've won the order of merit. So I'm miffed completely HOW?

Less waffle cut the story short even tho we support the club played 4 times and made the 3 rounds, they decided to make it 2 from 4 (50% played) thus I missed out on the OOM and a total different 3 peoples won the #OOM prizes.

I emailed them with the poster showing BEST 3 ROUNDS and was told we didn't make it clear or consice, this would be the ruling.

Is this the norm, my support at this point having spent £120 in greenfee's is waining. It was a fantastic series ended in a farce. #BoycottNextYear

Thoughts please? on a bright side the suns out #Boom #PracticeDay

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If it says Best 3 then it should be Best 3
If people who enter can't get 3 rounds in over winter then that's too bad.
Previous club ran a winter league - best 5 from a maximum of 20
Plenty of people didn't complete 5 rounds so missed out on prizes...
If the course is often closed in winter then the comp rules should be publicised...then everyone knows what the score is if there's bad weather.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It is poor form to change the criteria for winning. But, these comps are a bit of fun, designed to get people out on the course, and in the bar when conditions are not great and the place is quiet. Not winning would not bother me at all.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
If it says Best 3 then it should be Best 3
If people who enter can't get 3 rounds in over winter then that's too bad.
Previous club ran a winter league - best 5 from a maximum of 20
Plenty of people didn't complete 5 rounds so missed out on prizes...
If the course is often closed in winter then the comp rules should be publicised...then everyone knows what the score is if there's bad weather.

My thoughts exactly, yes it's a winter event and yes very much fun. But when the winner plays 3 yet the club make it 2 from 4 becomes a joke in my book.

I guess adding a few extra pts on the scorecard is OK next year? or a mulligan when I smash it OB. rules are there to be broken. A bit of give and take I'm sure everyone will understand :)

Murph it doesn't bother me 2 days on, its the process and the way they decided to make it 2 not 3 events when we played FOUR!! I'd understand if we managed 2 or 3.

I guess if we managed 5 it would be best 2.5 rounds?

Onwards