A-Z vinyl collection

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lots of Ws in one go-

Jeff Wayne's Musical version of The War of the Worlds for me.

and I mean the long version as on the LP and not the shortened one CD version.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I’m going to be choosing from Wayne, Waterboys, Wakeman, Wonder, Warnes, Washington Jnr, Weather Report, Wings, Winwood, Womack - difficult ...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A very solid and much enjoyed 1-2-3 in the Ws. No Who, Winwood, Wakeman, Womack, Washington Jnr or Wings...however...

3rd - Jennifer Warnes with Famous Blue Raincoat (1986) The Songs of Leonard Cohen beautifully and movingly sung.
2nd - The Waterboys with This is the Sea (1985) - The Whole of the Moon - of course - but a great album throughout
1st - Stevie Wonder with Songs in the Key of Life (1976) - simply one of the all time great albums - and as they say - one of the best things in pop - ever

D

Deleted member 1147

:eek: You need your meds upping James. I’ve just tried some of the ones you’ve suggested. My ears are bleeding
I didn’t say they were good Brian, but I do like them, especially the Majestic. What I would describe as Meat loaf meets Pink Floyd with a little Queen and MCR thrown into the mix ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Xavier Rudd with Follow the Sun was the music of our trek down under - but it’s his first name and I don’t have it on vinyl.

We were woken at 5:30am and before sunrise with this being played quietly by our tour guide after we had slept in swag bags outside under the stars of the Australian Outback.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
T. C. Williams High School is in Alexandria, Virginia. The attempt to integrate the football team is portrayed in the film Remember the Titans. So the soundtrack of that film it is as my tenuous attempt to find an X somewhere in my collection. And it doesn't hurt that it's a cracking soundtrack & a cracking film that I might actually watch later.

After that it's a free day.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Its got to be XTC, Drums and wires album, or maybe their Apple Venus. Mmm, I'll go with Drums and wires

Tomorrow = Yes, Tales From Topographic Oceans
Friday = ZZ Top..... and its got to be played LOUD!!