A-Z vinyl collection

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All of the (few) that I had until a few years ago were on cassette (I was a Genesis guy and couldn't afford both bands). Then one day about four years ago I popped into a local Charity Shop. I asked about vinyl. Manageress pointed me to the back store and said I could help myself - 50p a throw. Boxes of it stacked to the ceiling. I bought about 100 albums - including all of my Yes albums :) I bought them in batches of about 25 so that I could sneak them into the house and onto my record shelves without my wife noticing...

Highly noticeable that now vinyl is back in fashion all the good stuff in the local charity shops has gone my last successful purchase was Dire Straits Brothers in Arms.

I am going the other way now and selling all of mine, now that it is back in fashion, at prices that are well beyond give away eg Genesis Seconds Out went for £20

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Highly noticeable that now vinyl is back in fashion all the good stuff in the local charity shops has gone my last successful purchase was Dire Straits Brothers in Arms.

I am going the other way now and selling all of mine, now that it is back in fashion, at prices that are well beyond give away eg Genesis Seconds Out went for £20
I spent hours flicking through literally thousands of albums in the charities ‘warehouse’. Got some absolute crackers but not many rarities. The charity just wanted rid of them...

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
The only Z in my collection is Zappa. And to be honest, I find it hard going. IMHO what he had to say as a political commentator is more interesting than most of his music - which seems to consist of occasional moments of exquisite stuff buried amongst interminable hours of tedium. I bought a lot of it in the hope that the brilliance-to-tedium ratio might improve, but gave it up as a futile exercise many years ago. I still think We're Only In It For The Money remains his crowning achievement. It was the first album of his I ever heard, which perhaps explains why I persevered with him for so long.

D

Deleted member 1147

Is it numbers tomorrow?
I can offer:
4 non blondes
2Pac