A-Z vinyl collection

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Not so well known, but for me Nonsuch is their best album.

Some wags will say that it'll take all day to get through that.
Others - even some Yes fans - will say that you are unlikely to know when you are through it as you'll be asleep...(back in the day I tried with it...but failed...)

My fave Yes album could be Relayer - but got another four classic Yes albums to mull over.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
To deliver an X I would have to dip in to my CD collection and play XTC's album Nonsuch.

Other than that I thinks its going to be a quiet day.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Others - even some Yes fans - will say that you are unlikely to know when you are through it as you'll be asleep...(back in the day I tried with it...but failed...)

My fave Yes album could be Relayer - but got another four classic Yes albums to mull over.

Many Yes fans think Fragile is their best album. An alternative choice for Yes would be their Time and a Word album. Think it might even have been their first album.??

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site

Actually I think Tales is a fantastic album - provided you're in the right mood. Getting all the way through is an achievement akin to finishing a Mahler symphony.

My favourite Yes album? For reasons I can't explain, Drama is the one I find myself listening to most frequently these days. Seriously underrated.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Time and a Word is their second album. The first one was imaginatively titled "Yes".
I do like Time and a Word - but don't have it on vinyl. Mine are: The Yes Album; Fragile; Close to the Edge; Relayer, and Going for the One. My fave is Relayer - But I do have a serious challenger to it from elsewhere - and will have a listen to both this evening.

I may have to Xit on Xs as I have failed with my creativity. If I had Xavier Rudd on vinyl and I could go fist names then it would be he - but I don't. And nothing folkie - so will go look at my classical collection - but a' hae ma doots.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
3rd - Yes with Fragile (1971)
2nd - Yes with Relayer (1974)
1st - Neil Young with After the Goldrush (1970)

I was introduced to Neil Young and Harvest around October 1976 by a cool lad in my 1st yr at Uni. It took me a while to tune in to Neil Young's vocals - but once I had I really get his stuff.

Yes I know - two Yes albums - so why no Harvest? Well I don't have it on vinyl - in any case AtG is better IMO. And blimey - the most recent album in my top three Ys is 46 yrs old :)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I am slightly the reverse of you all my Yes is on cassette.
All of the (few) that I had until a few years ago were on cassette (I was a Genesis guy and couldn't afford both bands). Then one day about four years ago I popped into a local Charity Shop. I asked about vinyl. Manageress pointed me to the back store and said I could help myself - 50p a throw. Boxes of it stacked to the ceiling. I bought about 100 albums - including all of my Yes albums :) I bought them in batches of about 25 so that I could sneak them into the house and onto my record shelves without my wife noticing...

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My Z

I suppose with no rock, pop or folk Zs and it’s the end of the trawl through my vinyl collection - I can allow myself to dip into my classics for a set of compositions now precisely 300yrs old...and as timeless and beautiful music as has been and ever will be written.

Pinchas Zukerman leading and conducting the LA Philharmonic Orchestra playing Bach’s Brandenburg Concertos 1-6.

I’ll see if I can come up with a favourite as they were all quite separate compositions over a period.