A-Z vinyl collection

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Now I actually have that on vinyl...if I had a VM Best of, or Moondance on vinyl then they might well feature...but I only have them on cassette tape.

But currently doing a wee bop around the kitchen to van the man - Bright Side of the Road (Track 1 of) Into the Music spinning on the turntable ?

And track 2 Full Force Gale so appropriate for Easter Sunday. Splendid. I’m loving it...

Last edited:

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
There is only one possible choice today... Joni Mitchell.

I'll choose the album "Blue".

Trailing Mitchell by a considerable distance were John Martyn, Alison Moyet, Meat Loaf, John Mayall, Taj Mahal and the Moody Blues.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
A little root around the shelves has found... Sonny Mack & the Mack II Band. A little souvenir of one of my favourite holidays. Not for everyone, but if Slime's about he might like it :)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Very Difficult Ms. And a disruptive early morning entry into the stakes knocks the Moodies out...

3rd it’s The Mamas & the Papas with their Hits of Gold (1969) - just sometimes bit of 1960s summer of love harmony is beautiful - oh Mama Cass I’m California Deamin’

2nd its Van Morrison with Into the Music (1979) I’d forgotten how good this is. And such a tonic first thing this morning - Bright Side of the Road...oh yes we need to find that bright side...

1st place was never in doubt for me - TSoPS Harold Melvin &The Blue Notes - Greatest Hits (1976). The Love I Lost, Wake up Everybody and If You Don’t Know Me By Now - just a brilliant collection of songs.

I can’t believe I don’t have This is the Moody Blues (1974) in there - but I don’t - courtesy of van the man. And no John Martyn or Bob Marley either ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I do believe I have a lurid green vinyl LP by a Dr Feelgood inspired band called Nine Below Zero.....think I saw them once in the early 80s supporting someone or other.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have to choose from Nazareth, Ted Nugent, or Nine Below Zero . Unfortunately although I enjoyed his music at the time, Nugent's politics are so obnoxiously right wing (he'd regard Hitler and Attila as liberals) that I don't think I can justify him any "airtime" anymore.

Think I'll go with Nine Below Zero - enjoyed them in the 80s and surprisingly saw them do an excellent set just a few years ago (summer 2015 ?) at a music festival in Greenwich. We'd gone to see the Gipsy Kings who they preceded on stage - now that's an incongruous pairing?

Last edited:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I have to choose from Nazareth, Ted Nugent, or Nine Below Zero . Unfortunately although I enjoyed his music at the time, Nugent's politics are so obnoxiously right wing (he'd regard Hitler and Attila as liberals) that I don't think I can justify him any "airtime" anymore.

Saw Ted Nugent at Hammersmith, mad gig

At the end he left his guitar propped up on stage, turned everything up to create massive feedback and just walked off

Never seen a place empty so quickly

Mark_Aged_42

Assistant Pro
Visit site
With a bit of spare time on my hands :whistle:, I have decided to play my vinyl collection, A-Z. One letter per day. I think I bought my last LP in the mid 80's, so it will be old time rock and roll.(y)
Originally was going to play one LP each day, but it meant leaving out too much good stuff, some of which I probably haven't played for 40 years.:eek:
Today naturally was A, and so far I have played one Asia and one After The Fire album. ATF not my normal taste, but great live, and the only band I have met in the bar after a gig. They were also supported by Q Tips at one gig, with Paul Young. Now he did have some voice.

After The Fire - possibly the most enjoyable live band ever. Last saw them in the back room of The Cricketers pub in Westcliff-on-Sea a couple of years ago. Not the same without Andy Piercey, but still can sing and play.
First saw them at Bath University in 79.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Its going to be Stevie Nicks for me...though the choice between albums is tough....I'm going to go for Wild Heart for the collaboration track with Tom Petty "I Will Run To You".

The Neville Brothers were possibly the only likely competition.