A-Z vinyl collection

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Hardest choice of album so far, so have gone for Earthband live in Budapest. Has all the big singles including my favourite For You (Springsteen)

D

Deleted member 23270

Missed out on this thread for the last couple of days.

What is the Sunday morning offering richart?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bearing in mind that I no longer have any vinyl - and am basing my offerings on the vinyl I know I used to have - a couple of late suggestions. Mountain (Nantucket Sleighride) or Tony McPhee - especially his Two Sides of... album

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Suffice to say - my Ls are not top of my play list. However I have three...(well four actually and Jerry lee Lewis misses out)

#3 - John Lennon’s made for CD last album - Double Fantasy (1980) - made for CD as you programme it to skip the Yoko Ono tracks...? So only half an album for me. Is it really 40yrs since Lennon was shot. I remember the morning in the uni cafe as we sat talking about it in disbelief...

#2 - John Lodge with Natural Avenue. OK it’s not the Moody Blues but it’s pretty good.

#1 - Level 42 with The Early Tapes July/Aug1980 (1982). Really like Level 42 stuff - once upon a time I had their first album (Level 42) but that disappeared many years ago or or would easy have been #1.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Definitely getting a playing today to lift my spirits - as it does - The Mamas & the Papas - Hits of Gold. Might not be my #1 end of day but it’s going to be first onto the turntable. Whether I then listen to all four sides of This is the Moody Blues I am not sure but there is a good chance...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Gonna be a toughie. Bob Marley, Meat Loaf, Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes, Malcolm McLaren, Moody Blues, John Martyn, The Ms & the Ps, Van Morrison ... truly famine to feast after the Ls. An Easter Sunday celebration ?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Love a bit of Van Morrison with my Sunday morning coffee ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My choice would have to be

John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers and the Beano Album (as it is normally known by, which comes from the cover picture of Eric Clapton reading it).

When I first heard this it was my first introduction to both and Eric Clapton and the blues genre which went on to become a major part of my life though my teens and early twenties.