A-Z vinyl collection

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Toughest letter so far for me by a long stretch. Multiple albums by many bands/artists plus some other crackers. No room in my top 3 for Joy Division, Jethro Tull, Joe Jackson, Billy Joel or the JSD band.

Left with three with multiple albums having to choose one of each. And the ones I plumped for today might not be the same tomorrow - or in the same 1-2-3. So for no particular reasons other than I love em all...just because...

3 - Elton John with Don’t Shoot Me I’m only the Piano Player (1972) - I’ve got all his 70s albums so difficult...
2 - The Jam with Snap (1983) - fabulous ‘best of’ - Strathclyde and Paisley student union days...
1 - Jean Michel Jarre with Oxygene (1977) - some albums just get right inside you.

Order might well be different tomorrow - but hey - who really cares the order.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Don’t think this band has been mentioned by anyone yet. They are loud, they are from Switzerland, and they are Krokus. The album is Metal Rendez-vous, so be warned it is heavy.:eek: Perhaps turn the sound down.:unsure:
I saw Krokus at Keele University student union bar once. Must have been about 1980. The venue was tiny, maybe 100 or so in the audience packed into the bar. Krokus appeared to have brought their entire PA with them. Before the gig started, there was this ominous hiss/buzz. They bounded on stage and with first "kerrang!" all the LED meters on their amps hit the red endstops and stayed there for the rest of the night. It was terrifying.

My choice for K is King Crimson - Larks Tongues in Aspic.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
A very regal day tomorrow;

Blimey.....your thoughts are nigh on identical to mine!!!!!

I also have to consider the wonderful French singer Patricia Kaas and the great Eartha Kitt along with German /techno-Pop outfit Kraftwerk.

But...I've often said that if I didnt have bad luck I wouldnt have no luck at all so my single choice for the day would be Albert King and Born Under a Bad Sign.

D

Deleted member 1147

Tomorrow:
Led Zep (the greatest band of all time)
Def Leppard
Lynard Skynard

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’m going to be staggeringly middle of the road, but how about the thumb slapping bass guitar of Mark King and Level 42? And I’m talking the early 80’s, pre commercial stuff.