A-Z vinyl collection

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Given this is a vinyl thread, for J it must be Joe Jackson's Big World: a 3-sided album.
Side 4 has a groove and the label states "There is no music on this side".
But I bet nobody was able to resist the temptation to play it just to check - I certainly tried it.
Got two copies of Night and Day. Not sure why...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Elton John for me I think and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - especially after I re-watched Rocketman film at the weekend. Might also get The Jam on
Got a few Jam albums and a stack of EJ. I've thinking one of both bound to feature in my top three - but I seem to have a load of Js (no Michael Jackson) so who knows,

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tomorrows choice is Jefferson Starship. Not the later pop stuff, but the rock album, Freedom at Point Zero. Includes one of my favourite singles, Jane. Play it loud.(y)
Ok, not really a band on my radar, but I'll give it a go from Spoitify - but it should have been The Jam (which will follow thereafter)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Billy Joel & Elton John today, Greatest Hits for Billy & I'll start with Goodbye Yellow Brick Road for Elton, if only for Funeral for a friend (Love lies bleeding). :D (y)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
two for me

I did think about posting this tomorrow under K

A link to Jefferson Airplane/Starship

Paul Kantner, Grace Slick and David Frieberg - Baron von Tollbooth and the Chrome Nun
Still gets played by me from time to time

and a seminal record of the time

Jeanne Michel Jarre - Oxygene

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
J is really tough.....Rickie Lee Jones, Janis Joplin, Etta James, Dr. John all deserve a shout out....but if forced to stick to one artist then I will have the pleasure of working my way through the back catalogue of Jethro Tull.

Tomorrows K is going to be equally as tough!!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
J is really tough.....Rickie Lee Jones, Janis Joplin, Etta James, Dr. John all deserve a shout out....but if forced to stick to one artist then I will have the pleasure of working my way through the back catalogue of Jethro Tull.
Ah - I've sorted Jethro Tull into my Ts - when they should be in my Js :)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Tomorrows K is going to be equally as tough!!

Thanks for the reminder, greatest hits going on. You're never too old to rock & roll if you're too young to die!! (y)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ok, did give it a go - and now know why it wasn't on my radar. Let's see what K brings tomorrow. (I'm thinking possibly John Kongos - the first album I ever bought.)

There is a name I had forgotten until about 4 weeks ago - found two of his singles in my wife's collection which I was selling.