A-Z vinyl collection

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Choice of Genesis album for tomorrow a very hard decision. I seem to have quite a few, and some of the gateleg ones are stunning even before you listen to the music. Difficult to ignore Foxtrot, but the winner is

Selling England by the Pound. Hope it meets with DaveR and Hobbit’s approval.

Absolutely spot on !!

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Going to the extreme the other way

Godley and Creme Consequences is definitely the worst record I have ever bought in my life.

I recently sold it on Ebay for a really good price ( Sold as mint condition only played once) I can only believe the buyer had never heard it .

And yet, years later Cry was a superb single but not from that album.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And yet, years later Cry was a superb single but not from that album.

There was one good single from that triple album boxed set it bore absolutely no relation, musically, to the rest of the 3 albums or any other album like How dare you which I also own.

If you ever get a chance to listen to the whole set my advice - do not waste your time. It can be found on You Tube.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Hs

In the frame my 3rd place - Stax of soul - Isaac Hayes with Joy (1973).

Just losing out on the Glasgow/Coatbridge battle for top spot (it was very close and listened to both all way through) my 2nd fave H on vinyl - the Coatbridge Kane boys Hue & Cry with Remote (1988).

And a brilliant H winner for me - Glasgow band Hipsway with their Hipsway (1986) album of superb blue-eyed soul. So, so good. One of those bands that should have been massive - but sadly weren’t.

And no room for Heaven 17...?

[EDIT] And Mrs Hogie has mentioned that I have Human League with Dare - dash it all - I missed it and it may well actually sneak past Isaac Hayes into 3rd

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1147

In a Gadda da Vida by Iron Butterfly anyone?
makes me think of the film Manhunter